Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

All To Know About Blackberry's Android Powered Device Called "Priv" - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / All To Know About Blackberry's Android Powered Device Called "Priv" (1187 Views)

TECNO F2 Unboxing And Full Review: Affordable Android Powered Smartphone(Photos) / See Specs Of The 1st Deca-core Smartphone Device Called Meizu Pro 6 / Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All To Know About Blackberry's Android Powered Device Called "Priv" by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 29, 2015
Ok so this newly announced phone has put much excitement in the air, infact a writer from famous mobile site, Phonearena, said "The last time we got excited like this over a Blackberry Phone was the Build up to Blackberry Storm" in 2008, you can imagine. And my fellow Naija people are not left out from this excitement, remember Blackberry still holds majority of our hearts, and with Android that we left Blackberry for, the two merges in one Phone......mehn!!!! Now take a moment and imagine what would happen when the phone is finally released...... Radio, TV, it would be everywhere! Artist would shoot video with the phone, girls would be like "buy me a blackberry priv" you know na, it would replace the way iphone 6 was hyped when it came out and even be bigger.

Anyway that's not what I'm here to talk about.
If you've been hearing different rumours and you really want to know what Blackberry Priv is.....Proceed to the next paragraph

Blackberry Priv is a phone made by Blackberry but runs full blown Google Android operating system instead of Blackberry's own Operating system that runs on its previous phones like Q10. The phone was first rumoured by evleaks via their twitter page(@evleaks) to be known as 'Blackberry Venice' but also foretold by the same @evleaks then officially announced by Blackberry as 'Priv'....I prefer the 'Venice' name tho. Before all of this recent rumours, blackberry's CEO, Chen, had already said the they would try Android if they can make it secure enough, I guess they did that. And at MWC 2015 (Mobile World Congress) when BB exec Ron Louks pulled out a mystery device. It had a dual-curved, all-touch display with a keyboard, a slider phone. At the time it was seen to be running BB10 and BlackBerry didn't say much about it, just teased that it was on the roadmap for the future.

Now from all Rumours and Official confirmation(for some) these are the specifications that should come with the phone.

- The
screen is 5.5 inch with a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels 537ppi.
- The screen has dual curved sides, sort of like samsung's galaxy s6 edge own but I doubt it also functions the same way.
- should come with 1.8 GHz Hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 as its processor which is somehow outdated by Snapdragon 810 but still functions excellently.
- RAM of 3GB and Storage of 32GB internal with
Expandable Storage
- Camera of 18MP, Fast Focus, OIS, 4K video capable and dual led flash behind and at front, 5MP HD.
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Board,looks like stock android but has some customisation, come with a lot of Blackberry's owned app their are on its platforms, like the Blackberry Hub. And Blackberry had security as a priority by implementing what is known as grsecurity. so all thes stuff where added to the OS.
- and finally, a physical keyboard which can also be used to scroll by gliding a finger over it as if it were a touchscreen, a feature previously seen on the BlackBerry Passport. And Keyboard shortcuts.

The phone is also rumoured to be released in November, so start saving! No word on its price, but I can tell it would be more expensive than any android phone in the market, that is if it does not become more expensive than iphone to be the most expensive phone, you know blackberry can charge like say money dey appear for dream. So if you are thinking of buying one, hold like 120 - 150k first.

On the side-lines, Blackberry is also said to be working on an Android Lollipop version of the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition, which is still a lite rumour for now.

Another Runzlord's article
Gathered informations from various sites, Phonearena and Crackberry most especially.

But seriously if you did not know all these by now and you are on BBM, then you've not been following a channel. (See signature for more details)

cc lalasticlala boss na your hand this article dey now o.

Re: All To Know About Blackberry's Android Powered Device Called "Priv" by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 29, 2015
What is grsecurity?

Grsecurity is an extensive security enhancement to the Linux kernel that defends against a wide range of security threats through intelligent access control, memory corruption- based exploit prevention, and a host of other system hardening that generally require no configuration. It has been actively developed and maintained for the past 14 years. Commercial support for grsecurity is available through Open Source Security, Inc.

More pictures smiley

Re: All To Know About Blackberry's Android Powered Device Called "Priv" by Warlord3000(m): 5:28am On Sep 30, 2015
Not bad
Re: All To Know About Blackberry's Android Powered Device Called "Priv" by Whizpeter(m): 6:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
120-150k ke? undecided I thought it would be like 15-20k lipsrsealed

Hehehe...
Nice device tho, I likey!
wink
Re: All To Know About Blackberry's Android Powered Device Called "Priv" by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 30, 2015
Honsule fp

(1) (Reply)

Xaomi Mi5 / Budget Phone Of 40k / Infinix Note 2 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.