Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard (1990 Views)

Idol Worshiping Faithfuls Are The Ones Delaying Biafra From Materialising - Kanu / Buhari’s Health Sparks Fresh Debate On Leadership In Nigeria - Vanguard / Uwazuruike To Set Up Parallel Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by menesheh(m): 9:03am On Sep 30, 2015
ONITSHA—Leader of the Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, Chief Ralph Uwazuruike, yesterday, gave what he termed as genuine reasons the United Nations should allow Biafra to be separated from Nigeria.
One of the reasons, he stated, was that the population of the former Eastern state, now South East and part of South South that make up Biafra land can currently boast of over 10 million people, adding that the Biafran people naturally do not share similar culture and tradition with Hausa-Fulani of the North and Yoruba of the South West as to continue to remain together under one country called Nigeria.

According to Uwazuruike, another reason was that MASSOB, as a separatist group, had all it takes to run a sovereign state of Biafra, having had enough instruments, structures, flag, currency, coat of arms and defence to assume a status of an existing government.
Uwazuruike, who spoke to newsmen, yesterday in Onitsha, Anambra State, through MASSOB’s Deputy National Director of Information, Mazi Chris Mocha, ahead of the on-going UN General Assembly, renewed his call on the world body to accord a recognition to Biafra as a sovereign state, just as it did to South Sudan which had been accorded a sovereign status since July 9, 2011.
He recalled that US had classified Nigeria, Somalia, Ethiopia and Sudan as failed states which needed to be divided between 2011 and 2015, adding that it was only from Sudan that South Sudan was carved out on July 9, 2011, remaining Nigeria, Ethiopia and Somalia.
He cited examples of carving out of East-Timor with only a population of about 821,000 from Indonesia on May 22, 2002; carving out of Serbia with a population of about 10 million from Montenegro on July 2006; carving out of South Ossertia from Georgia and carving out of Kosovo from Serbia on February 17, 2008.
He, therefore, urged UN to grant the sovereignty of Biafra to save the people from further annihilation in Nigeria since there was no basis whatsoever for Biafra people’s continued stay with Nigeria, adding, “Nigeria cannot make any appreciable economic progress until Biafra is allowed to go, particularly now that Lord Fredrick Luggard’s amalgamation of 1914 has since January 1, 2014, expired after 100 years of the amalgamation.”
He wondered why the UN had not been proactive in tackling the knotty problems of the oppressed in Nigeria and asked rhetorically: “is UN waiting till things degenerate into full blown war again or to continue as genocide before they will act?”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/uwazuruike-to-un-its-time-to-carve-out-biafra-from-nigeria/
Re: Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:04am On Sep 30, 2015
On the 11th of May,2015,there was a report on the Sun newspaper that the United Nations has proffered an invite to the Biafran group to attend their June meeting. Please what ever happened to that invitation? #Curious

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/new/biafra-un-invites-group-to-june-meeting/
Re: Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by madridguy(m): 9:06am On Sep 30, 2015
Ok
Re: Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by menesheh(m): 9:09am On Sep 30, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Pulls chair closer,oya Op bring the Sauce.

Your bring chair close is to start saying how igbos are insane sort of people. grin
Re: Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by Dbboy(m): 9:12am On Sep 30, 2015
Word
Re: Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by jumper524(m): 9:13am On Sep 30, 2015
Come i do tire 4 una self wish u luck and succes in ur departure
Re: Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by YourCoffin: 9:15am On Sep 30, 2015
Interesting. Valid points. All it needs is more traction
Re: Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by johnydon22(m): 9:15am On Sep 30, 2015
I am only ok with whatever that is best for the Igbo people, if getting Biafra will make my people and happy and improve the lives of Igbo people then i am all for it.

I hope UN calls for a referendum . . .Igbo ndi oma una ga adi, mma mma nu

1 Like

Re: Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:16am On Sep 30, 2015
menesheh:

Your bring chair close is to start saying how igbos are insane sort of people. grin
hey don't bash any tribe here,or ur sanity will be questioned.
Re: Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by johnydon22(m): 9:17am On Sep 30, 2015
smiley
Re: Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by psucc(m): 9:17am On Sep 30, 2015
The UNGA is in holding in Geneva and he is here making the call in Onitsha, abi Vanguard go go deliver the speech?
Re: Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by Buchukwu: 9:29am On Sep 30, 2015
Hahahahahahaha Uwazuruike fighting for freedom on the pages of a local newspaper that upto 1 million people don't read. NNAMDI KANU we know. Uwazuruike will be hanged when biafra comes for taking money from the zoo. In the end biafra will come, be rest assured. My goodness me.
Re: Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by menesheh(m): 10:27am On Sep 30, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
hey don't bash any tribe here,or ur sanity will be questioned.

Am a core and solid igbo.

I never bash any tribe.
Re: Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 30, 2015
I don't get it y wasn't d campaign ds Strong wen Jonathan was in government... or is it because u guys occupied top posts...
can som please explain y it wasn't ds strong in d last administration??

and please don't gv me d ansa dat it as always bin on... I am more intelligent dan dat... dats y I sed d last administration.. waiting 4 ansas...
OR IS JST POLITICAL...
Re: Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by Babalegba(m): 11:37am On Sep 30, 2015
Nigerian idiocy appears to be very strong and undiluted. Are this guys so brainless that they don't understand that Biafra would not favour the ibos in the short run and the long run. For crying out loud, most ibos reside outside the S.E. What would happen in the ensuing repatriation. Anyway the rest of the country will bid you good riddance.
Re: Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by Kingyellew(m): 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2015
No matter the situation now, Biafra is a done deal because l 've already had the premonition of Biafra republic. Uwazurike is a great politician and knows when to sit on the fence for another person to take over for him to save his life. Uwazurike is a Biafra man, test Uwa"s DNA; pure Biafran.Don't ever condenm him. He has done a lot or do ppl want him dead. He will live to see Biafra because he has gave his time, energy as well as intellect for the struggle. He has been arrested times without number. Uwa must live.
Re: Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by drnoel: 1:34pm On Sep 30, 2015
menesheh:
ONITSHA—Leader of the Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, Chief Ralph Uwazuruike, yesterday, gave what he termed as genuine reasons the United Nations should allow Biafra to be separated from Nigeria.
One of the reasons, he stated, was that the population of the former Eastern state, now South East and part of South South that make up Biafra land can currently boast of over 10 million people, adding that the Biafran people naturally do not share similar culture and tradition with Hausa-Fulani of the North and Yoruba of the South West as to continue to remain together under one country called Nigeria.

According to Uwazuruike, another reason was that MASSOB, as a separatist group, had all it takes to run a sovereign state of Biafra, having had enough instruments, structures, flag, currency, coat of arms and defence to assume a status of an existing government.
Uwazuruike, who spoke to newsmen, yesterday in Onitsha, Anambra State, through MASSOB’s Deputy National Director of Information, Mazi Chris Mocha, ahead of the on-going UN General Assembly, renewed his call on the world body to accord a recognition to Biafra as a sovereign state, just as it did to South Sudan which had been accorded a sovereign status since July 9, 2011.
He recalled that US had classified Nigeria, Somalia, Ethiopia and Sudan as failed states which needed to be divided between 2011 and 2015, adding that it was only from Sudan that South Sudan was carved out on July 9, 2011, remaining Nigeria, Ethiopia and Somalia.
He cited examples of carving out of East-Timor with only a population of about 821,000 from Indonesia on May 22, 2002; carving out of Serbia with a population of about 10 million from Montenegro on July 2006; carving out of South Ossertia from Georgia and carving out of Kosovo from Serbia on February 17, 2008.
He, therefore, urged UN to grant the sovereignty of Biafra to save the people from further annihilation in Nigeria since there was no basis whatsoever for Biafra people’s continued stay with Nigeria, adding, “Nigeria cannot make any appreciable economic progress until Biafra is allowed to go, particularly now that Lord Fredrick Luggard’s amalgamation of 1914 has since January 1, 2014, expired after 100 years of the amalgamation.”
He wondered why the UN had not been proactive in tackling the knotty problems of the oppressed in Nigeria and asked rhetorically: “is UN waiting till things degenerate into full blown war again or to continue as genocide before they will act?”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/uwazuruike-to-un-its-time-to-carve-out-biafra-from-nigeria/

So when they allow u now. U will want to be its life president. The devil should take people like u.
Re: Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by size40: 2:29pm On Sep 30, 2015
Uwazurike and his Biafran brothers are still living in a dreamers world. Any day they exclude my south-south region from their Biafran shit, Biafran will be granted to them. On till then, let them rant on. The same mistake Ojukwu made over 40 years ago. They want to repeat it again today. Ojukwu fought and got defeated he ran away. Uwazuike ranting on pages of newspapers got tired and relaxed on till Nnamdi KANU came up with his Radio Biafra that is currently turning most Igbo young people to a terrorists. But unfortunately, Nnamdi KANU is just scamming the Igbo's in d name of Biafra. Everywhere in d world leaders who fight for freedom don't runaway as Ojukwu and Nnamdi is currently doing. Nnamdi should be in Nigeria only then I will take him serious.
Re: Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by basilo101: 5:37pm On Sep 30, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
On the 11th of May,2015,there was a report on the Sun newspaper that the United Nations has proffered an invite to the Biafran group to attend their June meeting. Please what ever happened to that invitation? #Curious

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/new/biafra-un-invites-group-to-june-meeting/
http://www.igberetvnews.com/?p=13807
Live from the ongoing UNGA

Re: Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by EverestdeBliu(m): 5:40pm On Sep 30, 2015
basilo101:

http://www.igberetvnews.com/?p=13807
Live from the ongoing UNGA
permit me to counter your claim in the mildest way possible with these few facts.
1) The United Nations General Assembly,2015 is over. The delegates,if not all have returned to their respective home or other diplomatic functions elsewhere. As a matter of fact Buhari is already in Nigeria. So who was the protest targeted at(if at all it held)
+
2)The link you shared is a pro-Biafran blog. If the protest actually held around the UN building as claimed,CNN,BBC,Aljezeera and other international media houses and even our national stations will report it.
+
3)The CNN?,okay,the CNN link present at the blog,only landed me to a 'shady CNN site'
+
4)Suggestion: The IPOB should take a protest/petition to the UN,force UN recognition and trust me,the Biafran dream will be over-half done.
Cc basilo101
Re: Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by Volksfuhrer(m): 5:40pm On Sep 30, 2015
I see no reason why that referendum shouldn't hold straight away! grin
Re: Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by basilo101: 5:41pm On Sep 30, 2015
size40:
Uwazurike and his Biafran brothers are still living in a dreamers world. Any day they exclude my south-south region from their Biafran shit, Biafran will be granted to them. On till then, let them rant on. The same mistake Ojukwu made over 40 years ago. They want to repeat it again today. Ojukwu fought and got defeated he ran away. Uwazuike ranting on pages of newspapers got tired and relaxed on till Nnamdi KANU came up with his Radio Biafra that is currently turning most Igbo young people to a terrorists. But unfortunately, Nnamdi KANU is just scamming the Igbo's in d name of Biafra. Everywhere in d world leaders who fight for freedom don't runaway as Ojukwu and Nnamdi is currently doing. Nnamdi should be in Nigeria only then I will take him serious.
i can smell ofem.manu from afar
Re: Uwazuruike To UN: It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria - Vanguard by henryutd(m): 5:50pm On Sep 30, 2015
Use your knife and cut off Biafra land from Nigeria map. Shekina

(1) (Reply)

The Politics Of Opobo Town / Northern Governors Warn Buhari / FFK: Write About His Ordeal In EFCC Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.