Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

What If This Happened In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If This Happened In Nigeria. (660 Views)

Biafra : Nnamdi Kanu Storms Edmunds Catholic Church & This Happened (photos) / When Abakaliki Children Saw A White Girl For The First Time This Happened! / Lady Spotted VP Yemi Osinbajo At An Eatery And This Happened... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If This Happened In Nigeria. by saintopus(m): 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2015
[quote] A recently married Pakistani woman died after her in-laws forced her to drink acid, for bringing what they considered to be insufficient dowry, police said on Tuesday.
The crime occurred Monday in the Daska area of Punjab province.
Police official Rana Riaz said 25-year-old Takreem Bibi was married on September 4, and her in-laws were angry about her dowry.
“She was taken to hospital, where she died due to internal injuries caused by acid consumption,” he said.
Raiz told newsmen that the police were still trying to track down Bibi’s husband in connection the crime.
The killing of women for lack of dowry is common in Pakistan.
Last week, 26-year-old woman was poisoned to death by her husband in the same region, Daska, for not bringing enough dowry[ ]

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/09/pakistani-bride-murdered-over-insufficient-dowry/#
Re: What If This Happened In Nigeria. by HDee(m): 3:05pm On Sep 30, 2015
sad
Re: What If This Happened In Nigeria. by McCarlito(m): 3:16pm On Sep 30, 2015
It can never be nigeria cos in nigeria; Men pay dowries to marry their wives and not the wives paying dowries to marry their husbands
Re: What If This Happened In Nigeria. by saintopus(m): 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2015
McCarlito:
It can never be nigeria cos in nigeria; Men pay dowries to marry their wives and not the wives paying dowries to marry their husbands
This is women slavery in modern times right?
Re: What If This Happened In Nigeria. by McCarlito(m): 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2015
saintopus:
This is women slavery in modern times right?
U're damn right it is

1 Like

Re: What If This Happened In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2015
This is madness! Here in Naija, some men even marry FOC. As for me, I'll pay his dowry only if he agrees to get pregnant and bare children o..

(1) (Reply)

Please What Is Nigeria's Immigration Policy For Swedish Citizens? / Court Stops Diezani From Leaving UK Till Next April / Video : Lagos-ibadan Expressway Road.. Video.. So judge me, if I fighting right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.