Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Famous When They Were Born - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Famous When They Were Born (14218 Views)

Silver Spoon Kids! The Top 6 Nigerian Musicians Who Were Born Rich / Top 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Born With Silver Spoons / Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Born On Christmas Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Famous When They Were Born by spikedcylinder: 7:14pm On Apr 19, 2009
Long before Mia Farrow starred in Rosemary’s Baby (as well as a few off-screen dramas of her own, with husbands Frank Sinatra and Woody Allen), she was known as the daughter of Maureen O’Sullivan, who played Jane in 1932’s Tarzan the Ape Man. Here they are together in the 1960s.

Re: Famous When They Were Born by spikedcylinder: 7:15pm On Apr 19, 2009
Like mother, like daughter: Academy Award winner Gwyneth Paltrow attends a 1985 benefit for the Williamstown Theatre Festival at Studio 54 with her Emmy-winning mother, Blythe Danner.

Re: Famous When They Were Born by spikedcylinder: 7:17pm On Apr 19, 2009
Jane Fonda, who is known for her film performances (Barbarella, On Golden Pond, Georgia Rule) as well as her political views, appears in this 1950s photo with her brother, Peter, and their famous father, the actor Henry Fonda. Peter would also find a career in Hollywood, acting in such films as Easy Rider and The Limey.

Re: Famous When They Were Born by spikedcylinder: 7:18pm On Apr 19, 2009
Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell pose in 2000 with their brood of young actors: Oliver Hudson, who now stars in the sitcom Rules of Engagement; Wyatt Russell, who has done film work; and Kate Hudson, made famous by her performance in Almost Famous.

Re: Famous When They Were Born by spikedcylinder: 7:20pm On Apr 19, 2009
Academy Award–nominated actress Debbie Reynolds, known for film classics such as Singin’ in the Rain and The Unsinkable Molly Brown, is seen here circa 1972 with daughter and future Star Wars star Carrie Fisher.

Re: Famous When They Were Born by spikedcylinder: 7:22pm On Apr 19, 2009
Academy Award winner Meryl Streep attends the New York City premiere of her film The Devil Wears Prada with her children Louisa, Grace, and Mamie Gummer. Mamie is the only daughter to follow in Streep’s professional footsteps, acting in films such as Stop-Loss and in the mini-series John Adams.

Re: Famous When They Were Born by spikedcylinder: 7:25pm On Apr 19, 2009
Setting the bar high as creator and writer of The D,ick Van Dyke Show, Carl Reiner appears here with his son, Rob Reiner, in a 1965 episode of the show. The younger Reiner has had similar success, as an actor, director, writer, and producer. His films include Stand by Me, When Harry Met Sally, and A Few Good Men.

Re: Famous When They Were Born by spikedcylinder: 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2009
Now known for his tough-guy roles in No Country for Old Men, American Gangster, and Grindhouse, a young Josh Brolin appears here in a quiet moment with his Emmy Award–winning father, the actor James Brolin, and his mother, Jane Cameron Agee, circa 1970.

Re: Famous When They Were Born by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 19, 2009
wAt about thoz wit skin lik mine? undecided
Re: Famous When They Were Born by spikedcylinder: 7:29pm On Apr 19, 2009
Will Smith attends the Los Angeles premiere of his film Hancock in 2008 with fellow actor and wife Jada Pinkett Smith, their children Willow and Jaden, and Will’s son Trey (right). Willow and Jaden have joined their father on-screen, in I Am Legend (Willow) and Pursuit of Happyness (Jaden).

Re: Famous When They Were Born by spikedcylinder: 7:30pm On Apr 19, 2009
Ziggy_mama:

wAt about thoz wit skin lik mine? undecided

Take a chill pill. undecided
Re: Famous When They Were Born by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 19, 2009
grin Aha! . . . .ok sweets.
Re: Famous When They Were Born by spikedcylinder: 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2009
Director and poet Stephen Gyllenhaal and writer and producer Naomi Foner pose in 2005 with their actor children, Maggie Gyllenhaal, who recently appeared as Batman’s love interest in The Dark Knight, and Jake Gyllenhaal, best known for his role in Brokeback Mountain.

Re: Famous When They Were Born by spikedcylinder: 7:34pm On Apr 19, 2009
Tony Curtis, who appeared alongside Jack Lemmon and Marilyn Monroe in Some Like It Hot, is pictured in the late 50s with his wife, Academy Award nominee Janet Leigh, and their daughters, Jamie Lee and Kelly. An adult Jamie Lee Curtis would also find success in film, appearing in A Fish Called Wanda and True Lies.

Re: Famous When They Were Born by neowelsh(m): 7:35pm On Apr 19, 2009
interesting
Re: Famous When They Were Born by spikedcylinder: 7:36pm On Apr 19, 2009
Jon Voight, winner of the 1979 best-actor Oscar for Coming Home, poses with his daughter, Angelina Jolie, at the 2001 Vanity Fair Oscar party. Jolie, who this year received a best-actress nomination for her performance in Clint Eastwood’s Changeling, won an Academy Award for her supporting role in Girl, Interrupted.

Re: Famous When They Were Born by spikedcylinder: 7:37pm On Apr 19, 2009
A young Candice Bergen playfully strangles Charlie McCarthy, the puppet used by her father, the celebrated ventriloquist Edgar Bergen, 1966. Candice would find her own fame in film and television, winning five Emmys for her work on the sitcom Murphy Brown and starring in the hit TV series Boston Legal.

Re: Famous When They Were Born by spikedcylinder: 7:39pm On Apr 19, 2009
Kirk Douglas, star of the 20th-century classics The Bad and the Beautiful, Lust for Life, and Spartacus, takes a break with his son Michael in this undated photo. In 1996, Kirk would be awarded an honorary Oscar commemorating his 50 years in the motion-picture industry. Michael would also receive an Oscar, for his leading role in Wall Street.

Re: Famous When They Were Born by agabaI23(m): 7:45pm On Apr 19, 2009
I like your blogging style
Re: Famous When They Were Born by kadman(m): 1:50am On Apr 20, 2009
Spiked,you've outdone yourself - This is good work more more more

Candice Bergen was such a beauty. I think she's the most underrated actress of her generation.

I always wondered how what went wrong with Maggie Gyllenhaal. . . Now I can see who she has to blame ! grin
Re: Famous When They Were Born by SeanT21(f): 3:46am On Apr 20, 2009
Mia Farrow is a great actress.I saw her in the "The Great Gatsby" and she was awesome in it.Lovely FILM!!
Re: Famous When They Were Born by tpia: 6:22am On Apr 20, 2009
Re: Famous When They Were Born by spikedcylinder: 11:01am On Apr 20, 2009
The most amazing one was Kirk and Michael Douglas. Look how Michael looks like his father? Who knew Michael will grow up to be such a . . .err. . . sexologist? grin grin grin
Re: Famous When They Were Born by spikedcylinder: 12:00pm On Apr 20, 2009
Ingrid Bergman is the Swedish beauty known for her roles in Joan of Arc and Casablanca (opposite Humphrey Bogart). She's seen in this 1967 photo with her daughter, Isabella Rossellini (her twin is a Professor at New York University) who found success in Television and films like Death Becomes her and the epic movie Odyssey.

Re: Famous When They Were Born by kadman(m): 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2009
@ Spiked - Ingrid has another daughter Pia ( the one she had before she was exiled from USA ),I heard she's famously ugly,please can you find a pic !!
Re: Famous When They Were Born by spikedcylinder: 1:54pm On Apr 20, 2009
True. The daughter she had before she left her then husband for Rossellini. I'd check.
Re: Famous When They Were Born by spikedcylinder: 2:01pm On Apr 20, 2009
Re: Famous When They Were Born by kadman(m): 2:16pm On Apr 20, 2009
The last pics you put up are not showing,I've tried viewing with all browsers
Re: Famous When They Were Born by kadman(m): 7:14pm On Apr 20, 2009
Pia is beautiful !  shocked I might even say prettier than Isabella, I'm never going to trust gossip blogs again . I bow to your goggling skills,been looking for pics of her for ages.

(1) (Reply)

M.I & Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Harvard University Leadership Conference / Kcee Comes Last Among Entertainers Fit For Politics - PlanetRadioTV Poll / OONI Of Ife Applauds Alexreports Role In Queen Moremi Ajasoro's Contest! (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.