Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Nigerians On Twitter React To Buhari Making Himself Minister Of Petroleum(pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians On Twitter React To Buhari Making Himself Minister Of Petroleum(pics) (1132 Views)

Aisha Buhari Calls Fayose A Mad Dog; Nigerians On Twitter React / Al-Jazeera Portrays Nigerian Women As Prostitutes: Nigerians On Twitter React / Nigerians On Twitter React To DSS Invasion Of Dasuki's Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians On Twitter React To Buhari Making Himself Minister Of Petroleum(pics) by chimere66: 4:27am On Oct 01, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday said he would head the Ministry of Petroleum Resources.

He disclosed this while addressing some reporters in New York on Tuesday, after addressing a Global Leaders’ Summit on Countering ISIL and Violent Extremism.He said the step is being taken as part of efforts to sanitise Nigeria’s oil industry which is said to be plagued by corruption, massive fraud, and crude oil theft. He also said that the first step in sanitizing the petroleum sector has already begun with the appointment of a new management for the NNPC.Speaking further,he revealed that the prosecution of those who misappropriated NNPC’s funds is already in the works.

In his words:

“I will remain Minister of Petroleum.

“I will appoint a minister of State for Petroleum”.

Nigerians on twitter community have reacted on President Buhari making himself the Minister of Petroleum.See their reactions above

Re: Nigerians On Twitter React To Buhari Making Himself Minister Of Petroleum(pics) by chimere66: 4:28am On Oct 01, 2015
Reactions above
Re: Nigerians On Twitter React To Buhari Making Himself Minister Of Petroleum(pics) by sannirules(m): 4:30am On Oct 01, 2015
No matter what He or anyone does, People must always talk.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter React To Buhari Making Himself Minister Of Petroleum(pics) by 48noble(m): 4:46am On Oct 01, 2015
If it doesn't mean double salary/allowances then I'm cool with it
Re: Nigerians On Twitter React To Buhari Making Himself Minister Of Petroleum(pics) by merbenko: 5:07am On Oct 01, 2015
Where is my spectacle?
Re: Nigerians On Twitter React To Buhari Making Himself Minister Of Petroleum(pics) by fastguy10: 5:22am On Oct 01, 2015
Is it nt money we all will leave it here n go
Re: Nigerians On Twitter React To Buhari Making Himself Minister Of Petroleum(pics) by Sanchez01: 5:56am On Oct 01, 2015
By 'react' you meant 'kicked' against it, shey? All I see in the picture is almost all of them saying yes while one or two persons reacted. As long as their reaction does not hinder the progress of Nigeria, I'm good.

I think the impending clampdown on the sector is the reason the President took the mantle. I guess he's trying to prevent cases of disappearing files when full auditing commences, according to Kachikwu.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter React To Buhari Making Himself Minister Of Petroleum(pics) by tyson99(m): 6:13am On Oct 01, 2015
I know PMB will sanitize that sector
Re: Nigerians On Twitter React To Buhari Making Himself Minister Of Petroleum(pics) by RockMaxi: 6:36am On Oct 01, 2015
tyson99:
I know PMB will sanitize that sector

Well I share in your sentiments but don't expect too much because PMB will operate by proxy and that is dangerous.

Re: Nigerians On Twitter React To Buhari Making Himself Minister Of Petroleum(pics) by jimi4us: 6:44am On Oct 01, 2015
The man still dey form commando, dull President wey no get sense.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter React To Buhari Making Himself Minister Of Petroleum(pics) by onojaduru: 7:04am On Oct 01, 2015
He wants to be careful.Our major source of income comes from that sector
Re: Nigerians On Twitter React To Buhari Making Himself Minister Of Petroleum(pics) by IamPatriotic(m): 7:36am On Oct 01, 2015
What a nice move, PMB has been making me believe in Nigeria since May 29th, we'll certainly not have another Dieziani at the NNPC towers. As expected, Saraki's new family and friends will foolishly criticise the president, their bitterness is understandable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians On Twitter React To Buhari Making Himself Minister Of Petroleum(pics) by ITSAWRAPWORLD: 10:12am On Oct 01, 2015
I may not trust his judgment 100% but I trust him on this

Fellow Nairalanders, please check out our incredible offer below
Re: Nigerians On Twitter React To Buhari Making Himself Minister Of Petroleum(pics) by omolami: 10:40am On Oct 01, 2015
Buhari is not the first president to fight corruption. All government since I was born many years ago have been.

(1) (Reply)

El Rufai Goofed, Should Quote Figs Spent on Indep Day Celeb As FCT Minister / As Efcc/benue Investigate Ex-gov Suswam, He Opens Up Sen Akume's Can Of Worms / Fulani Treaders Clash With Yoruba Natives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.