Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,418 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

“You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment (1607 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg: FFK And Reno Omokri Spar On Facebook Over Comment About Hausa / Akpabio Refuses To Apologise To Goje In The Senate Over Comment / “you Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment by lolaxavier(m): 5:55am On Oct 01, 2015

National coordinator of Oodua Peoples Congress ,OPC, Otunba Gani Adams has cautioned the Governor of Ogun State, Ibukunle Amosun from making frivolous allegations against ethnic militias in Nigeria.

In a statement he signed and made available to DAILY POST on Wednesday, Adams described the statement credited to Amosun that OPC and other groups had secession tendencies as “unfortunate and frivolous”

“I would have ignored the comment as the ranting of an ant but coming from a Governor of a state in Yoruba land who is supposed to know the import and magnitude of secession to the sovereignty and unity of Nigeria, I have to make our stand clear,” he noted.

“The statement is not only shameful and unexpected, but a brazen act of blackmail which is totally false. The fact is that for 12 years, OPC has not done anything or embark on any act that is secessionist in nature.

“We have not through act or deed, mentioned secession or break up of this country. It is indeed shocking how the Governor of Ogun State came about his so called ‘secessionist tendencies’ of OPC. He must be hallucinating.”

Adams said it amounts to libel for Amosun to label OPC as a secessionist group, insisting that OPC is a socio-cultural group determined to protect the territorial-cultural integrity of Yoruba people within the confine of a truly Federal Republic of Nigeria. “This is why I participated in the National Confab with resolved for Regionalism not breaking up of the country “

“It is sad that people like Governor Amosun who were hiding their heads and carousing under the comfort of their families during the Abacha tenure of terror when we were fighting for the re-establishment of democracy in Nigeria are the ones reaping where they did not sow “

“We don’t even begrudge them for this but they are now assaulting our integrity with aggressive and intimidating verbal cholera to project us who were in the trenches as felonists and secessionists.”

Adams advised Amosun to look for a more better and presentable onions to sell and position himself for a national recognition and respect instead of telling brazen lies and outright falsehood against OPC.

“I expected him to read the statement of the Governor of Ondo State, Dr Segun Mimiko who publicly testified to the confidence in the conduct of OPC members and how people feel secure with them.”

“I am not disappointed in him. It is the effect of what they called folio de grandeur, stupidity of greatness. But Amosun should remember that Governor’s tenure is temporal but Yoruba race and its development will outlive him.”

Adams further appealed to members of the OPC not to be demoralized with the Amosun’s “condemnable statement”.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/30/you-hid-when-abacha-was-terrorizing-nigerians-opc-blasts-amosun-over-comment/
Re: “You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment by Bondesniger(m): 6:01am On Oct 01, 2015
The man is one of the omo mommy
If he show the maybe he must have being used for pratical
Re: “You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment by ORACLE1975(m): 6:02am On Oct 01, 2015
angry grin
Re: “You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment by Chanchit: 6:07am On Oct 01, 2015
This Amosun just keeps making news for the wrong reasons nowadays, and ifwe talk now he go take police dey find us up and down. Oya carry police go arrest Adams too.

2 Likes

Re: “You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment by lolaxavier(m): 6:17am On Oct 01, 2015
I'm not sure it was advisable trying to be a hero during Abacha's regime, at least based on the way the tyrant kept eliminating his opponents.
Re: “You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment by Niyeal(m): 6:19am On Oct 01, 2015
I wil blast Amosun later when I hear his side of the story.

1 Like

Re: “You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment by tyson99(m): 6:19am On Oct 01, 2015
Chanchit:
This Amosun just keeps making news for the wrong reasons nowadays, and ifwe talk now he go take police dey find us up and down. Oya carry police go arrest Adams too.
grin
Re: “You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment by ckmayoca: 6:26am On Oct 01, 2015
Ah saying ' Amosun is reaping where he did not sow" simply prove this guy dey beef Amosun ni oooo. He contested for gov and if u sad about it, come out and contest too.

1 Like

Re: “You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment by lincolnj88: 6:28am On Oct 01, 2015
grin cowardice as usual ...
yoruba action words includes
Hid....amosun
Ran...
Fled
Drank rat poison....awolowo
And so on

2 Likes

Re: “You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment by pet4ril(f): 6:31am On Oct 01, 2015
Before nkor grin grin
Re: “You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment by AnambraDota: 6:34am On Oct 01, 2015
lincolnj88:
grin cowardice as usual ... yoruba action words includes Hid....amosun Ran... Fled Drank rat poison....awolowo And so on

Ogundipe - Fled.

Obasanjo - Hid.

Oladipo Diya - Wept.

Awolowo - suicide.

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: “You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment by lincolnj88: 6:48am On Oct 01, 2015
AnambraDota:

Ogundipe - Fled.

Obasanjo - Hid.

Oladipo Diya - Wept.

Awolowo - suicide.

grin grin grin grin
grin lmao

1 Like

Re: “You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment by Haywhymido(m): 6:49am On Oct 01, 2015
AnambraDota:

Ogundipe - Fled.

Obasanjo - Hid.

Oladipo Diya - Wept.

Awolowo - suicide.

grin grin grin grin
ode, fajuyi

2 Likes

Re: “You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment by truefact: 7:15am On Oct 01, 2015
Why are fetish yorubas are afraid of break up? Can't they govern themselves? What is their fears of having only yorubas country? This people are truly diabolical cowards
Re: “You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment by lolaxavier(m): 7:32am On Oct 01, 2015
truefact:
Why are fetish yorubas are afraid of break up? Can't they govern themselves? What is their fears of having only yorubas country? This people are truly diabolical cowards

Don't kill yourself because of hate.
Re: “You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment by lolaxavier(m): 8:23am On Oct 01, 2015
Niyeal:
I wil blast Amosun later when I hear his side of the story.

Re: “You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment by Awaye20(m): 11:32am On Oct 01, 2015
Amosun........ I rest my comments
Re: “You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment by T8ksy(m): 1:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
lolaxavier:

Don't kill yourself because of hate.

That advice unfortunately, is a bit too late now. He is already a walking dead , an unavoidable consequence of his inherent hate - filled mindset towards those he had been conditioned to perceive as his enemies by his myopic and du.mb forebearers.
Re: “You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 01, 2015
And for 55 years and still counting, Nigeria has refused to confine itself to the true tenets of FEDERALISM.
Re: “You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment by lolaxavier(m): 8:43am On Oct 02, 2015
T8ksy:

That advice unfortunately, is a bit too late now. He is already a walking dead , an unavoidable consequence of his inherent hate - filled mindset towards those he had been conditioned to perceive as his enemies by his myopic and du.mb forebearers.

Easy on this grammar smiley

(1) (Reply)

11 Million Muslims Violently Murdered Since 1948.. 90% By Fellow Muslims / Putin Flew One Of D Supersonic War Bird That Drop Some Of D Bombs In Syria Today / Tinubu’s Name Pops Up On Long List Of Alleged Looters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.