Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Live Pictures Of Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Live Pictures Of Lagos (8396 Views)

Photo Of Lagos Traffic In 1982 / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by Skywalker5(m): 10:48pm On Apr 20, 2009
WTF  its fucking Live  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Omo Fashola is hot

With this kind of people in office. Naija would be Hot spot. cant wait to see Naija for real now
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by rahyme: 11:10pm On Apr 20, 2009
Sky-walker:

WTF  its fucking Live  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Omo Fashola is hot

With this kind of people in office. Naija would be Hot spot. cant wait to see Naija for real now

NO be fashola be dis oooo
Its the innovation of a private coy & its been available for a while now even b4 fashola came on boar
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by SamMilla1(m): 11:36pm On Apr 20, 2009
interesting!
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by gbolio4(m): 11:47pm On Apr 20, 2009
Make una wait small, NEPA go soon carry light, den na pitch black square una all go dey view
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by OneNaija(m): 12:10am On Apr 21, 2009
Lagos

Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by mrmetoo1: 12:13am On Apr 21, 2009
dem don take light. thats all i've been waiting for. . . lol
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by Nobody: 1:55am On Apr 21, 2009
Nice concept by Swift network. . . Refreshes every 3 seconds. . . One thing I still don't get is why a private company would just install Street cameras. . . for what purpose? Security? Survey? what?

If the Lagos state Govt. decides to embark on such a project as this, then maybe swift could be consulted. . . Lol, am guessing, that was why they did it! tongue
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by spikytang(m): 1:59am On Apr 21, 2009
This is inspiring, Naija can be a better place, No be only film we go de watch am
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by tbaba83(m): 3:20am On Apr 21, 2009
Very soon area boys go soon move dat camera, lol
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by rahyme: 3:51am On Apr 21, 2009
jassie:

Nice concept by Swift network. . . Refreshes every 3 seconds. . . One thing I still don't get is why a private company would just install Street cameras. . . for what purpose? Security? Survey? what?

If the Lagos state Govt. decides to embark on such a project as this, then maybe swift could be consulted. . . Lol, am guessing, that was why they did it! tongue

SWIFT NETWORKS currently provides 24 X 7 camera points to monitor the growing traffic in Lagos metropolis. Among the areas currently covered include:
Eko Bridge
Ikeja - Mobolaji Bank Anthony
Lekki Expressway
http://www.swiftng.com/lagos.asp
tbaba83:

Very soon area boys go soon move dat camera, lol
lol, Thats been taken care of, they are installed in secure locations
Ikeja - Mobolaji Bank Anthony camera, installed on Don Etiebets place housing Intercontinental Bank
Lekki Expressway, installed on shoprite
Eko Bridge, not too sure abt that

So let any area boy bring it on AND get his ass smoked, grin grin grin, ooops my bad
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by spikedcylinder: 7:33am On Apr 21, 2009
This was not installed by Fashola.

Again it was installed by Swift Network. There is one along lekki and on eko bridge.

Installed by a private coy!

Is Swift doing it for free?
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by FBS: 8:00am On Apr 21, 2009
brilliant!!! but for what purpose?
Why would a private coy just install cameras?
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 21, 2009
OneNaija:

Lagos
I post from this street.
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by naomi92(f): 12:23pm On Apr 22, 2009
He don try, bt which of d part of Lagos is dis?
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by Shagati(m): 12:35pm On Apr 22, 2009
naomi 92:

He don try, bt which of d part of Lagos is dis?

Mobalaji Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja
Corner of Joel Ogunnaike (Lagos Country Club Junction)
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by deb(m): 2:28pm On Apr 22, 2009
This was not installed by Fashola.

Again it was installed by Swift Network. There is one along lekki and on eko bridge.

Installed by a private coy!

Whatever!
Credit still goes my Governor for beautifying the city. What would swift camera be capturing if Fashola had
not done his work? Let me guess; dirty street with dead street light and all the other rubbish that Tinubu and his ancestors left behind? cheesy wink
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by deb(m): 2:36pm On Apr 22, 2009
NO be fashola be dis oooo
Its the innovation of a private coy & its been available for a while now even b4 fashola came on boar

This kind statement is common in naija. Na wa o.

Fashola is the man, beautifying the city all the way. Now some happy companies are proud to stage cameras across the city.
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by xterra2(m): 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2009
Even though this isnt his,he has 1000 of solar powered CCTV located around Lagos,
SO, cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by boye1: 9:32pm On Apr 23, 2009
when i opened it,it was dark i think phcn must have taken light when i opened mine
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by Moyola(f): 11:11am On Apr 24, 2009
9z! Weldone Fash!!
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by ratinglive: 11:33am On Apr 24, 2009
This is a good thing. Imagine if a major accident occurs on any of these streets while someone is watching. A call can be placed to the relevant authorities. Also if an armed robbery happens, ? Finally the govt can use these cameras to monitor traffic rate and trends to develop the area
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by Backslider(m): 1:29pm On Apr 24, 2009
Very good thing happening in nigeria. God belss nigeria.

Now what do we benefit from this?

1) Armed robbery fighting tool
2) Alibi Evidence
3) Traffic congestion control

How will the company make money?

first of all
The police prosecution/government will pay a monthly fee for feeds into their intelligence outfit
Surveillance for military and security angences(go and ask how much your intel Bodies pay for surveillance)

private people trying to defend themselves in court as to acertain where the were at a particular time of the day can pay fees for the Videos
Motorist can subscribe using Gprs or other links to their cars to know exactly where there is traffic and it could appear on their screens.

This is a brilliant thing

But My problem is that it should be more.

There should be more companies licensed in lagos state to do so that there will be competions for data. There is alot of money in this area atleast lagos will need 50 companies before this market is staurated.

The banks should go for this every street in lagos should have this we would not need those Iron prison gate we lock ourselves in any more.
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by tshow(m): 5:59am On Apr 25, 2009
well, the moment you arrived lagos you see 2 human statue, then you should know that's the true pics of lagos, ILU AKETE-------- ILU OGBON
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by Oxone(m): 6:30am On Apr 25, 2009
Lovely!!! Atleast something is working somewhere. kudos to whoever is responsible for this cheesy smiley grin
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by shileowo: 10:55am On Apr 25, 2009
sho! but na only ikeja de show , wat abt lekki and eko bridge, abi dem need sponsor to show dat one .hey, see strategy,. anyway, i sit down watch. if the guy catch sponsor for this camera thing wey he do . na to go put webcam for my house b4 too many people get involve sharp sharp grin
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by ofala(m): 3:59pm On Apr 25, 2009
Gov Fashola For President!
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by raphy(m): 9:04pm On Apr 25, 2009
wazup!
nize one wht bout the conductors they are spoiling lagos ,i tink they should stop them.
wht do yall tink?
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by abdul20(m): 7:44pm On Apr 27, 2009
nice 1.
this is good.
ppl keep telling me i can see it now.
ninja is developing little by little.
we go reach there.
inshaAllah
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by rayray2828(m): 9:23pm On Apr 27, 2009
a step in the right direction
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by bjide1: 10:35am On Apr 30, 2009
Accept Credit Cards in Just 24 Hours! Need Assistance? Call 1-877-891-8413

Congratulations

Your Merchant Account Application Has Been Conditionally Approved.

Your Approval Code is: A778589

The next step is to activate your merchant account. You will be receiving an email shortly containing the subject: "Complete your prefilled Merchant Application." You will find a link inside which will take you to a First Data application. As you start reviewing the application, you will notice the application has been filled in for you.

You will need to verify your bank information where you would like your money deposited. If you are a Sole Proprietor you may use your personal checking account. Please remember that your DBA must match the name on your checking account where you would like your money deposited.

Please note that some Internet Service Providers may place your email containing the subject: "Complete your prefilled Merchant Application." in your spam folder. If you do not receive your email or have questions, please check your spam folder or contact our Merchant Support Center at 1-877-891-8413.

Thank you. We look forward to doing business with you.
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by buffead(f): 4:56pm On Apr 30, 2009
@b jide wat as dis got to do with da post undecided undecided
Re: Live Pictures Of Lagos by ajekpaks(m): 8:36pm On May 01, 2009
Make them put these cameras for mah hood, no be person go tell una wetin una go see

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Worst Experiences While Taking A Road Trip / Dana Air Increases Frequency To Abuja / Life Of A Nigerian Student Nurse In Canada- Lonely.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.