Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

How To Combat DOG Rivalry - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How To Combat DOG Rivalry (1023 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Combat DOG Rivalry by jaibang(m): 10:07am On Oct 01, 2015
Hello house can you assist me with tips on how to handle dog rivalry. I just brought a 2 months old puppy to the house and my older dog wants to tear her to pieces.
Any advice and suggestions are welcomed.
Re: How To Combat DOG Rivalry by leksmedia: 10:12am On Oct 01, 2015
Truth is the dog will wanna show dominance , but for the first week, make sure you chain the big dog for like a week, then always make her see the puppy bring the small puppy and let them breed together in your presence do that till they get comfortable with each other
Re: How To Combat DOG Rivalry by Apitch(m): 1:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
Take them on a long walk
Re: How To Combat DOG Rivalry by jaibang(m): 2:26pm On Oct 01, 2015
I appreciate these suggestions, I will try them
Re: How To Combat DOG Rivalry by jaibang(m): 5:44pm On Oct 02, 2015
The big dog is still very angry especially when he sees her eating, she believes the food is meant for him
Re: How To Combat DOG Rivalry by Richybang: 7:52am On Oct 03, 2015
it's the cause of jealousy mine is having same problem i got a 2 month old bb and my older dog won't let him be any time he is close to me she goes for him any time he sees my older dog close to me he barks madly but won't go for her maybe because he is small what I Did was any time am about to feed them same time and it's helped me now they play together allow your dog to sniff the ass of the little dog with muzzle on and see his or her reaction it can't harm the dog with muzzle on if the little one licks the big one the pup is friendly with the older same goes to the older one let them be together for some days out of cage but with muzzle on incase until much progress is made
Re: How To Combat DOG Rivalry by jaibang(m): 10:42am On Oct 03, 2015
Thanks, will keep trying and hope they resolve their differences soon
Re: How To Combat DOG Rivalry by hardbody: 10:55am On Jun 28, 2016
I notice this is an old post but i am just seeing it now and can relate with it because i was in the same predicament recently and i never found a way round it. I had brought this cute puppy and tried to introduce him to my Alsatian. Unknown to me, the Alsatian behaved as if it was perfectly okay because i was there. No sooner had i turned my back than the Alsatian raised the puppy with her fangs, smashed her on the floor and was almost using the forelegs to stomp him. Of course i reacted and beat the alsatian up in anger. I had to keep the puppy indoors for days on end. At last i had to let him go. I sent him back to the person that sold him to me.

The real issue now is, how do i get another dog to live with her. Even an adult dog. She is always fighting every other dog, I dont even know whether she wants to die a virgin, sorry a Nun in dog world

(1) (Reply)

Silver And Black Male German Shepherd Puppy For Sale!!! / Pls I Need Help On Transporting A Dog From Lagos To Jos / Female Neapolitan Mastiff Pup.it Will Make Shout Wow..top Heavy Quality(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.