Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,443 members, 7,826,703 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Nigeria At 55: Buhari Demands Discipline Among Citizens - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria At 55: Buhari Demands Discipline Among Citizens (428 Views)

Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others / Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had / Tension In Military As Buhari Demands Records Of Weapons Procurement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria At 55: Buhari Demands Discipline Among Citizens by abat4real37(f): 11:04am On Oct 01, 2015
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari, addressed the nation in the early hours of Thursday, October 1, in commemoration of the country’s 55th Independence Anniversary.
He congratulated the citizens and emphasized the need to celebrate the anniversary.
“No temporary problems or passing challenges should stop us from honouring this day,” he said, also highlighting the uniqueness of the country. “Let us remind ourselves of the gifts God has given us. Our Creator has bequeathed to us numbers – Nigeria is the ninth most populated country on the planet. We have in addition arable land; water; forests; oil and gas; coastline; and solid minerals”
Blocking leakages in the management of these resources has been a major part of President Buhari’s drive to improve the economy and he noted that his admistration’s anticorruption campaign was not to witch-hunt anyone.
“As I said in my inaugural speech, I bear no ill will against anyone on past events. Nobody should fear anything from me. We are not after anyone. People should only fear the consequences of their actions. I hereby invite everyone, whatever his or her political view to join me in working for the nation,” he said.
While reeling out the efforts of his government at improving the economic situation of the country and the successes recorded by the military in its war against Boko Haram insurgents, he asked for support and a change of attitude among Nigerians for the new administration to fulfil its promises.
He also asked for patience as the promise of “change” remained on course but would require strategic execution with the cooperation of all Nigerians.
“There is no cause to be anxious. Our government set out to do things methodically and properly.
“Change does not just happen. You and I and all of us must appreciate that we all have our part to play if we want to bring change about.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/10/01/full-text-president-buharis-independence-day-speech/
“We must change our lawless habits, our attitude to public office and public trust. We must change our unruly behaviour in schools, hospitals, market places, motor parks, on the roads, in homes and offices. To bring about change, we must change ourselves by being law-abiding citizens.”
He added,“Better results for our country is what the APC government for change is all about.”

Re: Nigeria At 55: Buhari Demands Discipline Among Citizens by chocolateme(f): 11:05am On Oct 01, 2015
K
Re: Nigeria At 55: Buhari Demands Discipline Among Citizens by dunkem21(m): 11:06am On Oct 01, 2015
grin ..

..Waaooh ..Wonderful speech. Discipline has been inculcated in our morals from birth and that's why we will support your government ..with innovative ideas and creative input ..

..However, it should be noted that your men have shown the country the highest form of indiscipline by coining derogatory names for the revered position of a President ..no need to mention names ..

..but SHEPOPOTAMUS ..haba ..

..We will want the change from Indiscipline to Discipline to start from ministerial materials like Alhaji Lai Lalasticlala!

Re: Nigeria At 55: Buhari Demands Discipline Among Citizens by stnwani(m): 11:07am On Oct 01, 2015
If Buhari demands discipline from Nigerians,then Nigerians demands good governance from him.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 55: Buhari Demands Discipline Among Citizens by frankay430(m): 11:08am On Oct 01, 2015
ok
Re: Nigeria At 55: Buhari Demands Discipline Among Citizens by Xpaz: 11:22am On Oct 01, 2015
h
Re: Nigeria At 55: Buhari Demands Discipline Among Citizens by pet4ril(f): 11:29am On Oct 01, 2015
Discipline in what aspect I know if a tree is bad, the fruits it will produce will probably be bad as well.... leaders are are supposed to be example to their followers angry

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Living In Lagos In The Country Of Western Nigeria, Celebrate Nigeria / No Independence Day Celebration In Ekiti, Ondo- The Nation / Must Read For Everybody: See How To Identify Suicide bombers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.