Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

31 Police Check Points Between Sagamu And Benin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 31 Police Check Points Between Sagamu And Benin (686 Views)

The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points / Particulars Motorist Need To Present At Police Check Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

31 Police Check Points Between Sagamu And Benin by Mashkov: 9:06am On Apr 20, 2009
I wonder what our society is turning into. I have heard it before but discarded it as mere exaggeration but saw it myself this past weekend.

I counted and noted, 31 police check points between Sagamu and Benin with at least 4 police men at each point.

Are we optimally utilizing our security resources or should we call it a sheer waste.
Re: 31 Police Check Points Between Sagamu And Benin by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 20, 2009
FROM AVU JUNCTION IN OWERRI WEST TO THE OWERRI GIRLS IS ABOUT 3 CHECK POINTS COLLECTING 20 NAIRA.
Re: 31 Police Check Points Between Sagamu And Benin by Jakumo(m): 9:55am On Apr 20, 2009
Support your local sheriff's department, and stop whimpering, you tightwad.

Would you rather be kidnapped by armed robbers and stuffed into the trunk of your car to die in unspeakable agony ?

Give, and give GENEROUSLY, especially if you do not want your hidden stack of cash to be discovered by the long harm of the law, thereby earning you an immediate death sentence.
Re: 31 Police Check Points Between Sagamu And Benin by blacksta(m): 10:05am On Apr 20, 2009
Jakumo:

Support your local sheriff's department, and stop whimpering, you tightwad.

Would you rather be kidnapped by armed robbers and stuffed into the trunk of your car to die in unspeakable agony ?

Give, and give GENEROUSLY, especially if you do not want your hidden stack of cash to be discovered by the long harm of the law, thereby earning you an immediate death sentence.

Well said - I guess it is better than armed robbers
Re: 31 Police Check Points Between Sagamu And Benin by Epiphany(m): 1:33pm On Apr 20, 2009
When i was on that road in '07, my friends and i counted 38.

How police go make their money now? They sef have targets to meet o! Just imagine them collecting N20 or more from each commercial car and the frequent 'heavy' tax they collect from drivers without particulars or new unregistered cars.

Its a real waste of manpower
Re: 31 Police Check Points Between Sagamu And Benin by Fhemmmy: 1:46pm On Apr 20, 2009
This is called madness.
31 Check point with 4 police officer, meaning 124 police office on that one road, same on some other road, so where is the resources to fight crime, protect and to serve the people of the nation.
They are getting paid and no reason why these nonsense shd be tolerated.

I thot it has been outlawed for them to block the roads.
Re: 31 Police Check Points Between Sagamu And Benin by Kobojunkie: 2:34pm On Apr 20, 2009
Roflmao!!! grin grin grin
Re: 31 Police Check Points Between Sagamu And Benin by spikedcylinder: 2:38pm On Apr 20, 2009
Maybe there is a scarcity of police stations. . . .

(1) (Reply)

A Typical Voters Register In Ekiti Esp Nigeria . Pic Included. / Our History Was Destroyed By Slavery. / How Wish There Is No Death What Would The World Have Turn Into?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.