Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Tafawa Balewa As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tafawa Balewa As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos (18739 Views)

Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) / Akeredolu's Dad With Fayose's Dad In 1960 (Throwback Photo) / Nnamdi Azikiwe As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tafawa Balewa As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos by Precious91(m): 1:37pm On Oct 01, 2015
I love naija
Re: Tafawa Balewa As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos by Kestolove(m): 1:38pm On Oct 01, 2015
And dox cursed erosion people of Biafra killed dix men for us...he cursed dem and d curse still follow dem
Re: Tafawa Balewa As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos by hadizadeezy(f): 1:43pm On Oct 01, 2015
ChappyChase:

If to say that Otueke man no concede defeat, you for no ever forget ham! Idiot like you....
I don't like GEJ and I won't even vote for him if he should ever contest for any post including post of a "class monitor" but coming to type those sh!t you mention above will make it look as if I never passed through secondary school!
I know
Re: Tafawa Balewa As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos by coalcoal1(m): 1:44pm On Oct 01, 2015
Happy Birthday Nigeria
Re: Tafawa Balewa As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos by ernecy(m): 1:56pm On Oct 01, 2015
ChappyChase:

If to say that Otueke man no concede defeat, you for no ever forget ham! Idiot like you....
I don't like GEJ and I won't even vote for him if he should ever contest for any post including post of a "class monitor" but coming to type those sh!t you mention above will make it look as if I never passed through secondary school!
broda!! Shud have just ignored her, let her wallow in her ignorance. .
Re: Tafawa Balewa As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos by flokii: 2:08pm On Oct 01, 2015
see how Abokii man dey raise hand.for dat second pix grin
d british soldier sef go don tire..
Re: Tafawa Balewa As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos by Dindondin(m): 2:09pm On Oct 01, 2015
h
Re: Tafawa Balewa As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos by tlops(m): 2:09pm On Oct 01, 2015
Happy Independence Nigeria!

Re: Tafawa Balewa As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos by HowAreYou(m): 2:26pm On Oct 01, 2015
Re: Tafawa Balewa As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos by webshopng1(m): 3:19pm On Oct 01, 2015
Re: Tafawa Balewa As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos by GodblessNig247(m): 3:32pm On Oct 01, 2015
hadizadeezy:
Heroes you can't easily forget

Unlike one otueke man
pls face the man from Daura and leave the man from Otueke
Re: Tafawa Balewa As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos by Sappyman(m): 6:07pm On Oct 01, 2015
hadizadeezy:

Unlike one otueke man
My sister you are very correct. The Otueke man is never our Hero. He should be forgotten for live. He created all these mess we are trying to put in place now. Just imagine the Otueke man saying steeling is not corruption. God help usoooo
Re: Tafawa Balewa As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos by mindtricks: 6:58pm On Oct 01, 2015
hadizadeezy:

Unlike one otueke man

True? They started it all, the m*ss we all are in today, which today's "leaders" are overdoing.

Did it last too long after British left that they all began showing such traits we suffer from till date.

Check history well, you will know.

Jona simply took it to the nex level.
Re: Tafawa Balewa As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 01, 2015
69MissedCalls:
it yaff teh since I see 5naira note. we still dey use am?

btw..I can see festus okotie-eboh! that is the guy that started corruption in Nigeria!

I can see him too and the guy behind him looking like a young gowon is his Chief bridesman.
Re: Tafawa Balewa As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos by rafmanyy(m): 9:23pm On Oct 01, 2015
quiinnBee:
Hmmmm! NIGERIA IS CELEBRATING 55 YEARS OF INDEPENDENCE! Amazing right? Well I came across this song some few days back and it's something everyone should read, listen to and digest.. The lyrics goes thus: The young man standing laughing But he knows where the shoe dey pain am so He no fit do anything today But one day, the tables will turn The little children on the street Working hard so they can eat Dem no fit do anything but cry But one day, the tables will turn My sister with the sexy eyes Selling her body so she can live She no fit do anything but worry But one day, the tables will turn So my brothers don't you see We must bring some sanity over here How can one person have so much While so many have none The average man doesn't ask for too much He only wants what you and I want A safe place to lay his head at night Is that too much to ask? He wants his kids to go to good schools So they can become somebody He wants them grow up healthy and strong Is that too much to ask?
u mke me rmeba beautiful nubia..a great sonq!!

1 Like

Re: Tafawa Balewa As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos by mmsen: 11:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
Sappyman:
My sister you are very correct. The Otueke man is never our Hero. He should be forgotten for live. He created all these mess we are trying to put in place now. Just imagine the Otueke man saying steeling is not corruption. God help usoooo

Which mess?

Nigeria had year on year growth during the GEJ era. One of the fastest growing economies in the world during that period

Nigeria saw roads being built and improved on.

Schools were built in the north for those interested in sending their children to school instead of sending them out to beg.

Universities were built by the Federal Government.

The revival of the agricultural industry in Nigeria.

The end of the fuel subsidy which the foolish populace protested about, only to suffer as a result of their pointless protest.

The privatization of DISCOS.

FOI was passed and used by the press so that the citizenry could partake fully in the democratic process. In their haste they removed a man who saw fit to strengthen institutions and replaced him with a man who once paraded for Sharia but was otherwise known for being a coupist who plunged the economy into the abyss once before (funny how history repeats itself) and for crying that to attack Boko Haram would be to attack the North.

I didn't care much for Jonathan (and his wife, especially) but compared to Buhari the man's a genius. At least he had good policies. What is Buhari offering Nigeria besides promising to fight 'corruption'?
Re: Tafawa Balewa As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos by morikee: 7:20pm On Oct 02, 2015
webshopng1:

wen things were normal

(1) (2) (Reply)

I’ll Retire To Daura In 2023, Says Buhari / Daniel Bwala: Church Rat, Poisoned Holy Communion Is Comment Offensive / Reno Omokri: Peter Obi Should Be Using Someone's Backyard For Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.