Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence (6880 Views)

6 Major Problems Nigeria Has Been Struggling With Since Independence / Buhari Is Currently Nuking The Country, The Worst President Since Mankind (pics) / SEE List Of INEC Chairmen Since Independence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by MyParadise(m): 1:11pm On Oct 01, 2015
Nigeria is 55 today and many president both military and civilian have led, leading and still will lead this great nation. Who among the past president was a better president of Nigeria?

Make your choice here

Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa
Chief Benjamin Nnamdi Azikiwe
Major General Johnson Thomas Umunnakwe Aguiyi Ironsi
General Yakubu Gowon
General Murtala Ramat Mohammed
General Olusegun Aremu Okikiola Matthew Obasanjo
Shehu Usman Aliyu Shagari
Major-General Muhammadu Buhari
General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida
Chief Ernest Adegunle Oladeinde Shonekan
General Sani Abacha
General Abdulsalami Alhaji Abubakar (rtd.)
General (rtd.) Olusegun Aremu Okikiola Matthew Obasanjo
Umaru Musa Yar'Adua
Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan ( Acting President)
Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan
Muhammadu Buhari

Cast your Vote of Confidence on the Past and Present President how was/is the better president of Nigeria since independence
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by gabe15(m): 1:16pm On Oct 01, 2015
non day are all theifs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by menix(m): 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2015
The best is yet to come..

The only past leader I know is Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu..

7 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by olaafirst: 1:23pm On Oct 01, 2015
Musa yardua but he did not go far

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by MyParadise(m): 1:25pm On Oct 01, 2015
gabe15:
non day are all theifs
guy you funny oooo

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by T8ksy(m): 1:47pm On Oct 01, 2015
menix:
The best is yet to come..

The only past leader I know is Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu..

This is how people fails simple exam question, o !

The Op asked for the best Nigerian President and this one is talking about the only "past leader" he knows as if Ojukwu was ever a Nigerian President.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by Cope1(m): 1:50pm On Oct 01, 2015
Non cos we av leadership crises in dis country.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by menix(m): 1:53pm On Oct 01, 2015
T8ksy:

This is how people fails simple exam question, o !

The Op asked for the best Nigerian President and this one is talking about the only "past leader" he knows as if Ojukwu was ever a Nigerian President.

See this anuofiarian mumu oo, my 1st sentence answered the OP's queshion..

The 2nd aired my own view abi opinion of who I admire..

I have 7 easy suicidal recommendation incase u re hurt by my view..

7 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by dododawa1: 1:53pm On Oct 01, 2015
Sai BUHARI

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by juman(m): 2:18pm On Oct 01, 2015
Non
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by Geraucald(m): 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2015
Umar Musa Yar'adua

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by CSTR2: 3:06pm On Oct 01, 2015
Nnamdi azikiwe.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by T8ksy(m): 3:42pm On Oct 01, 2015
menix:

See this anuofiarian mumu oo, my 1st sentence answered the OP's queshion..

The 2nd aired my own view abi opinion of who I admire..

I have 7 easy suicidal recommendation incase u re hurt by my view..

Incase, English compression is not your fortepiano, let me break down the OP's question further for you. The Op wanted to know who (in our opinion) is the best Nigerian President TILL DATE. So in essence, your first line of retort did not really tackle the OP's simple question.

As for your second line, it's Out Of Point. No one (asked or) is interested in your views of a leader you admire more so as the orangutan lookalike can not in any ramification be considered as a Nigerian leader but a local champion in alaibo land.

As per your unsolicited recommendation, I suggest you practice what you preach.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by dammytosh: 3:42pm On Oct 01, 2015
I will give it to Muritala Mohammed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by Obrigardo: 3:51pm On Oct 01, 2015
Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa - Best in Northern Politics
Chief Benjamin Nnamdi Azikiwe - Best in "I dont even know"
Major General Johnson Thomas Umunnakwe Aguiyi Ironsi - Best in South East Agenda
General Yakubu Gowon - Best in Igbo Pogrom and destruction of Nigerian unity
General Murtala Ramat Mohammed - Best in Owambe
General Olusegun Aremu Okikiola Matthew Obasanjo - Best in Bringing back the good times then
Shehu Usman Aliyu Shagari - Best in bringing in the Northern power
Major-General Muhammadu Buhari - Best in WAI and KAI - Discipline
General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida - Best in Early days of Corruption
Chief Ernest Adegunle Oladeinde Shonekan - Best in "Follow Follow"
General Sani Abacha - Best in "Killer President", Master Looter and All round Corruption Master
General Abdulsalami Alhaji Abubakar (rtd.) - Best in Bringing Sanity Back
General (rtd.) Olusegun Aremu Okikiola Matthew Obasanjo - Best in Amala Politics, Political Assassinations and Deceit
Umaru Musa Yar'Adua - Best in "Let me do my best before i go"
Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan ( Acting President) - Best in " Initial gra gra"
Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan - Best in Corruption Personified, Ethnic division, and spreading religious confusion and not forgetting CLUELESSNESS
Muhammadu Buhari - Best in "Photoshoots", Decisive words often some reek of some touch of sluggishness, Body language of past era, Much left to be seen though

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by suxkill: 4:38pm On Oct 01, 2015
The best is Umar musa yar'adua!!!

The dullest is Buhari!!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by mykemiley(f): 4:42pm On Oct 01, 2015
The saint one is not yet born...
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:58pm On Oct 01, 2015
GEJ. Best and Ever the Very Best!!

The rest are regional champions!!
GEJ
GEJ
GEJ

10 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by DMerciful(m): 5:09pm On Oct 01, 2015
GEJ.....He did institutional reforms that are sustainable and they(the cabals) saw that he is destined for greatness based on his ideology and they fear what it will be if after 50yrs of inept leadership, a minority eventually becomes the messiah so they did everything to frustrate him including turning to suicide bombers! undecided

9 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by MyParadise(m): 5:21pm On Oct 01, 2015
funny responses

lets keep the fun going
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 01, 2015
Murtala Muhammed

Umaru Musa Yar'adua

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. ...

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by neolboy(m): 7:01pm On Oct 01, 2015
President GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN

4 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by Kingsley1000(m): 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2015
ROCHAS OKOROCHA FROM 2019
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by meforyou1(m): 7:12pm On Oct 01, 2015
The first government I knew was Shagari's. So I speak from there.
From the depth of my heart, GEJ's government is the best from Shagari's era till date.
God bless the man Goodluck Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by meforyou1(m): 7:17pm On Oct 01, 2015
crixtex:
Murtala Muhammed

Umaru Musa Yar'adua

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. ...
I so love the elder Late Shehu YarAdua. The President Nigeria never had. Attended his campaigns then in Niger State from Suleja to Lapai to Agaie and ended in Bida. I believe Umaru YarAdua's tenure would have been fruitful if not for sickness and death
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 7:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
Goodluck Jonathan

Why ask people who weren't born before the civil war?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by Emphany: 7:45pm On Oct 01, 2015
Kingsley1000:
He will be a good try for the east, buh the mind of inequality and division amongst Nigerians won't permit.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by Adminisher: 7:47pm On Oct 01, 2015
In descending order of goodness;
Murtala Mohammed
YarAdua
Gowon
Obasanjo
Shonekan
Abdusalami
Azikiwe
Shagari
Tafawa Balewa
Abacha
IBB
Goodluck
Ironsi
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by MyParadise(m): 8:36pm On Oct 01, 2015
Kingsley1000:
You can't be serious grin
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 01, 2015
meforyou1:
I so love the elder Late Shehu YarAdua. The President Nigeria never had. Attended his campaigns then in Niger State from Suleja to Lapai to Agaie and ended in Bida. I believe Umaru YarAdua's tenure would have been fruitful if not for sickness and death
Yep.. yar adua wud ve been d best ever... and honestly too
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by haqueurate(m): 9:33pm On Oct 01, 2015
Yaradua
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence by MyParadise(m): 10:15pm On Oct 01, 2015
GEJ

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board. / Tension In Aba As Nnamdi Kanu Death Rumor Keep Circulating / Wike Approves ₦‎30.9 Billion For Rehabilitation Of FCT Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.