Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? (38211 Views)

Peak Milk And Dano Milk Battle Each Other On Twitter. See What Happened / Tin Milk In Nigeria Vs Tin Milk Abroad: Canada Based Nigerian Man Bemoan (photo) / Tiger Nuts, Health Benefits And How To Prepare The Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 12, 2015
Djicemob:
Normally you'd use for example three spoons of milk and one spoon of milo.

#CaseClosed #ThreadClosed

You know the answer and you are here writing an article on milk and milo. undecided

Yes i didnt read the novel

Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Exponental(m): 1:54pm On Nov 12, 2015
pap, corn flakes, and garri use milk only without bournvita.
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by MissSlimbody(f): 1:55pm On Nov 12, 2015
prettythicksme:
lmao!!!Op can u mix bournvita with morning oats,golden morn,custard,cornflakes huh? even tho u do use it,it can never b like milk grin

I use milk and milo for all you mentioned above and even garri.

My case don tire my mama cheesycheesy
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 12, 2015
Uncleodi:
This has been an age long Puzzle for me. I am some one that like beverages a lot but I keep noticing that every where I have been and all the families I have visited, that the Milk always finish before the Milo.

Importance of Milk in Diet

Although milk from the cow is processed, it is not an engineered or fabricated food. It is about 87 percent water and 13 percent solids. The fat portion of the milk contains fat soluble vitamins. The solids other than fat include proteins, carbohydrates, water soluble vitamins, and minerals. These nutrients in milk help make it nature's most nearly perfect food.

Milk products contain high quality proteins. The whey proteins constitute about 18 percent of the protein content of milk. Casein, a protein found only in milk, contains all of the essential amino acids. It accounts for 82 percent of the total proteins in milk and is used as a standard for evaluating protein of other foods. Protein is needed to build and repair body tissues and to form antibodies which circulate in the blood and help fight infection.

Milk also contains the following nutrients: calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium. The calcium found in milk is readily absorbed by the body. Phosphorus plays a role in calcium absorption and utilization. Phosphorus is needed in the proper ratio to calcium to form bone. Milk provides these two minerals in approximately the same ratio as found in bone. Milk is also a significant source of riboflavin (vitamin B2) which helps promote healthy skin and eyes, as well as vitamins A and D.

In adults, a calcium deficiency, along with other factors, may result in bone deterioration called osteoporosis. The recommendations for calcium are 1,000 milligrams for adults, 1,300 milligrams per day for adolescents, 500-800 milligrams per day for young children and 1,200 milligrams per day for adults over 51 years of age. One serving of milk has about 250 milligrams of calcium. It is difficult to obtain adequate calcium without milk and milk products in the diet. About 73 percent of the calcium available in the food supply is provided by milk and milk products. The following daily consumption of milk group foods is suggested by the government's U.S. Dietary Guidelines:

Children 1-8 years old, 2 servings
Children 9 years and older, 3 servings
Adults, 3 servings

Now, let's review the well marginalised / underutilised MILO. grin

Milo is a chocolate and malt powder that is mixed with hot or cold water or milk to produce a beverage popular in many parts of the world. Produced by Nestlé, Milo was originally developed by Thomas Mayne in Sydney, Australia in 1934. It is marketed and sold in many countries around the world.

Most commonly sold as a powder in a green tin, often depicting various sporting activities, Milo is available as a premixed beverage in some countries, and has been subsequently developed into a snack bar and breakfast cereal. Its composition and taste differ in some countries.
Milo contains 1,760 kJ (421 calories) in every 100 g of the powder, mostly from carbohydrates, mainly sugar. Carbohydrates can be used for energy by the body, which is the basis of Milo being marketed as an energy drink.

Milo dissolved in water has a Glycemic Index (GI) of 55, the same as Coca-Cola.
However, milk has a much lower GI of 30 - 33, so mixing a very small amount of Milo into a mug of milk yields an overall GI closer to 33, and mixing a large amount of Milo into a mug of milk will give a GI closer to 55.

Milo is high in calcium, iron and the vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12. Milo is advertised as containing "Actigen-E", but this is just Nestlé's trademarked name for the vitamins in the Milo recipe.

Milo contains some theobromine, a xanthine alkaloid similar to caffeine which is present in the cocoa used in the product; thus, like chocolate, it can become mildly addictive if consumed in quantities of more than 15 heaped teaspoons per day.

So, despite the high energy value of Milo, alot of people will still exhaust their Milk before the Milo maybe because it tastes better...

So what's ur take on this? Comments needed.
angry

Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 12, 2015
MissSlimbody:

I use milk and milo for all you mentioned above and even garri.

My case don tire my mama cheesycheesy
Ur case no dey here cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 12, 2015
remembering boarding schoool, GSM...garri.sugar and Milk, GGSM....garri,groundnut,sugar and milk,

milk has more portfolio.
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by femo86(m): 1:59pm On Nov 12, 2015
jumper524:
the same reason rice is mucher than the beans

No be only MUCHER, Na MUCHEST grin grin grin

angry grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by noblealuu: 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2015
debbydee:
you will use milk from virtually everything.
garri
pap
flakes
tea

............add yours

........ add yours? okay I put it in INDOMIE too. cool
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by activefibre1(m): 2:06pm On Nov 12, 2015
u b marketer?
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by UpLoyo: 2:10pm On Nov 12, 2015
Sorry to burst your bubble, but how old are you? It's November 2015. 49 days left before 2016 and the I'm guessing all you've set out to accomplish in 2015 has been checked marked and even your goals in life has been fulfilled that you have nothing else better to spend your time on than to be asking such a ridiculous question at your age. You question would be excusable if yo're between the ages of 5-9, otherwise this is just pathetic. Please just rate your mentality with some of these below, someone like you actually asked these questions:

http://www.livin3.com/50-thought-provoking-questions-about-life

1. When was the last time you tried something new?

2. What makes you want to do better?

3. What do you love to do? Do you do it often? If the answer is no, why not?

4. What can you do today that you could not do a year ago?

5. Where do you see yourself in one year? five years? ten years?

6. Do you like your job?

7. What would you do different if you were reborn?

8. Have you done anything lately worth remembering?

9. What are you excited about?

10. What's your biggest problem?

11. When was the last time you traveled somewhere new?

12. What would you regret not doing?

13. What makes you smile?

14. If the average lifespan was 50 years, would you do anything differently?

15. What do you want most out of life?

16. What impact do you want to leave in the world?

17. What do you want to be remembered by?

18. If all came back around to you, would it help you or hurt you?

19. If you had the chance to go back in time and change one thing, what would you change?

20. What stands between you and happiness?

21. If a doctor gave you one year to live, what would you try to accomplish?

22. What do you like most about yourself?

23. What do you have that you cannot live without?

24. When you close your eyes what do you dream of?

25. If you could as one person, dead or alive, one question, who would you ask and what would you ask?

26. If your life was a movie, what would be the title?

27. What does success mean to you?

28. If you could ask for one wish, what would it be?

29. What do you owe yourself?

30. When you think of "home" what do you think of?

31. How could you describe yourself in 5 words?

32. How do you spend most of your free time?

33. What did you want to be when you where younger?

34. What are you doing to pursue your dreams right now?

35. What are you most scared of?

36. What are you looking forward to?

37. What has been the greatest adventure of your life?

38. What are you most proud of?

39. Where would you like to live? Why haven't you moved?

40. If you left your current life in order to pursue your dreams, what would you lose?

41. What is your greatest strength? What is your greatest weakness?

42. What did life teach you yesterday?

43. Whose life have you had the greatest impact on?

44. What makes you special?

45. What do you want most?

46. How many people do you love? What are you doing for them?

47. If you had 24 hours to live, who would you be with 23 hours from now?

48. What bad habits do you want to break?

49. When did you not speak up when you should have?

50. How would you describe the next 5 years of your life in a sentence?

But you're more concerned about Milo and Bournvita...wao, Pls get a mentor as soon as you can before it's too late.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by crackhouse(m): 2:10pm On Nov 12, 2015
Useless thread.
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by MzOnajin1(f): 2:11pm On Nov 12, 2015
KingTom:
Egbon mucher ke? You funny o grin
lol, like much mucher muchest
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by brownlolly(m): 2:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
Cos Bournvita is not as tasty as Milo.

Your post is too long OP.
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Larryomooba(m): 2:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
Corn flakes
ephemm:
while Milo often go only with tea,

Milk goes with tea, garri, pap (akamu) or custard

QED
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Esmart24(m): 2:29pm On Nov 12, 2015
Melinde:
Some add beverage just to blend the colour of the tea.
einstein... The tea nobi beverage before?
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by ikorodureporta: 2:31pm On Nov 12, 2015
Uncleodi:
This has been an age long Puzzle for me. I am some one that like beverages a lot but I keep noticing that every where I have been and all the families I have visited, that the Milk always finish before the Milo.

Importance of Milk in Diet

Although milk from the cow is processed, it is not an engineered or fabricated food. It is about 87 percent water and 13 percent solids. The fat portion of the milk contains fat soluble vitamins. The solids other than fat include proteins, carbohydrates, water soluble vitamins, and minerals. These nutrients in milk help make it nature's most nearly perfect food.

Milk products contain high quality proteins. The whey proteins constitute about 18 percent of the protein content of milk. Casein, a protein found only in milk, contains all of the essential amino acids. It accounts for 82 percent of the total proteins in milk and is used as a standard for evaluating protein of other foods. Protein is needed to build and repair body tissues and to form antibodies which circulate in the blood and help fight infection.

Milk also contains the following nutrients: calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium. The calcium found in milk is readily absorbed by the body. Phosphorus plays a role in calcium absorption and utilization. Phosphorus is needed in the proper ratio to calcium to form bone. Milk provides these two minerals in approximately the same ratio as found in bone. Milk is also a significant source of riboflavin (vitamin B2) which helps promote healthy skin and eyes, as well as vitamins A and D.

In adults, a calcium deficiency, along with other factors, may result in bone deterioration called osteoporosis. The recommendations for calcium are 1,000 milligrams for adults, 1,300 milligrams per day for adolescents, 500-800 milligrams per day for young children and 1,200 milligrams per day for adults over 51 years of age. One serving of milk has about 250 milligrams of calcium. It is difficult to obtain adequate calcium without milk and milk products in the diet. About 73 percent of the calcium available in the food supply is provided by milk and milk products. The following daily consumption of milk group foods is suggested by the government's U.S. Dietary Guidelines:

Children 1-8 years old, 2 servings
Children 9 years and older, 3 servings
Adults, 3 servings

Now, let's review the well marginalised / underutilised MILO. grin

Milo is a chocolate and malt powder that is mixed with hot or cold water or milk to produce a beverage popular in many parts of the world. Produced by Nestlé, Milo was originally developed by Thomas Mayne in Sydney, Australia in 1934. It is marketed and sold in many countries around the world.

Most commonly sold as a powder in a green tin, often depicting various sporting activities, Milo is available as a premixed beverage in some countries, and has been subsequently developed into a snack bar and breakfast cereal. Its composition and taste differ in some countries.
Milo contains 1,760 kJ (421 calories) in every 100 g of the powder, mostly from carbohydrates, mainly sugar. Carbohydrates can be used for energy by the body, which is the basis of Milo being marketed as an energy drink.

Milo dissolved in water has a Glycemic Index (GI) of 55, the same as Coca-Cola.
However, milk has a much lower GI of 30 - 33, so mixing a very small amount of Milo into a mug of milk yields an overall GI closer to 33, and mixing a large amount of Milo into a mug of milk will give a GI closer to 55.

Milo is high in calcium, iron and the vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12. Milo is advertised as containing "Actigen-E", but this is just Nestlé's trademarked name for the vitamins in the Milo recipe.

Milo contains some theobromine, a xanthine alkaloid similar to caffeine which is present in the cocoa used in the product; thus, like chocolate, it can become mildly addictive if consumed in quantities of more than 15 heaped teaspoons per day.

So, despite the high energy value of Milo, alot of people will still exhaust their Milk before the Milo maybe because it tastes better...

So what's ur take on this? Comments needed.

...no be for my side. As i dey so, i dey use bournvita soak garri. Sometimes i go even use am as chocolate grin

Mayb na children dey finish yr milk...
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by ikorodureporta: 2:36pm On Nov 12, 2015
ephemm:
while Milo often go only with tea,
Milk goes with tea, garri, pap (akamu) or custard

QED
no b for my side...dnt u know tht with milo, bournvita, u can do without sugar?
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by tartar9(m): 2:41pm On Nov 12, 2015
because the milk gets milked sad

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 12, 2015
advertisement for peak and milo.
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by skondo09(m): 2:47pm On Nov 12, 2015
seriously, na true,
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Femich18(m): 2:48pm On Nov 12, 2015
jumper524:

Hahaha....oboy see e English..... mucher
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Ogbodavies(m): 2:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
google is your answer.
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by skondo09(m): 2:52pm On Nov 12, 2015
jumper524:

mucher?!!!
murdering english since birth
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by 3rdlegxxx(m): 2:55pm On Nov 12, 2015
jumper524:

heheh mucher na wa oo, this guy won kill me cheesy grin shocked grin
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by jumper524(m): 2:56pm On Nov 12, 2015
skondo09:

mucher?!!! murdering english since birth
bro i did that on purpose
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Mrford(m): 2:56pm On Nov 12, 2015
The reason is racism. why do you wash your white cloths first before other colors like chocolate, black, etc
Say no to racism finish your Milo/bournvita before your milk.
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by skondo09(m): 2:56pm On Nov 12, 2015
[quote author=UpLoyo post=39945446]Sorry to burst your bubble, but how old are you? It's November 2015. 49 days left before 2016 and the I'm guessing all you've set out to accomplish in 2015 has been checked marked and even your goals in life has been fulfilled that you have nothing else better to spend your time on than to be asking such a ridiculous question at your age. You question would be excusable if yo're between the ages of 5-9, otherwise this is just pathetic. Please just rate your mentality with some of these below, someone like you actually asked these questions:

http://www.livin3.com/50-thought-provoking-questions-about-life

1. When was the last time you tried something new?

2. What makes you want to do better?

3. What do you love to do? Do you do it often? If the answer is no, why not?

4. What can you do today that you could not do a year ago?

5. Where do you see yourself in one year? five years? ten years?

6. Do you like your job?
Ma bimini jamb questions
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by starwar(m): 2:56pm On Nov 12, 2015
kodlins:
Just reminded me of boarding school..

At the end of term, you could still have 2 tins of milo with tissue and sugar but the milk would be all gone
ohhhh.....no mind the Op im dey use style rememba those days in boarding sch or maybe he still dey boarding school

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by skondo09(m): 2:59pm On Nov 12, 2015
jumper524:
bro i did that on purpose
u've gotten wat u wanted, 'qoutes' right?
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by MadCow1: 3:04pm On Nov 12, 2015
As a kid, I would steal milk and lick.. Now wey I fit afford milk, I discover that I am highly Lactose Intolerant. angry

The Gods sure do have a wicked sense of Humor.
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
Milk-tea,cornflakes,goldenmorn,garri,cocoa crunches,pap,custard,oat etc

Milo-tea
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Idiataqueen(f): 3:19pm On Nov 12, 2015
Nobody is talking about lipton(baba yellow)and why does lipton do last more than a year?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Eat This Egg Barbecue? / Bizarre: Rice Dish served with Condoms? [Pix] / Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.