Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Foreign Ministry Faults Uk, Us Visa Policies - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Foreign Ministry Faults Uk, Us Visa Policies (718 Views)

I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Us Visa Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Ministry Faults Uk, Us Visa Policies by miquest: 3:27pm On Apr 20, 2009
Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Joe Keshi, weekend described as humiliating the visa policies of the British and US embassies in Nigeria.
“First of all, asking us to bring our bank statement and all sorts of unthinkable documents is very humiliating. It is becoming increasingly frustrating the way they treat Nigerians and they also engage Nigerian government officials in the most humiliating processes,’’ Keshi told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Sunday.
“In other continents, the British and American interest had been affected,Nigerians have never attacked any of their interests; neither had any of their interests in Africa been attacked nor destroyed, yet we suffer some of the most humiliating policies on visas.
Some people will say I am being undiplomatic but this is an issue I am very passionate about,’’ he added.
The Permanent Secretary said the ministry was already engaging the embassies on the matter ``even though some of the issues are not resolvable by the missions in Nigeria. You cannot force them to change their laws. You can only dialogue with them,” he said.
He, however, advised Nigerians to cultivate the habit of staying at home and contribute to the development of their country, adding that government officials should also be modest by cutting down on their foreign trips.

I have always though that the Visa policy needs to be addressed in this country, In other African countries it's very different but in Nigeria it's just something else entirely, I hope people can understand my point,

An d please we all know that the policy has nothing to do with the Nigerian Government so people shouldn't blame the government as they enjoy doing,
Re: Foreign Ministry Faults Uk, Us Visa Policies by vikiviko(m): 5:08pm On Apr 20, 2009
Visa applications are almost the same everywhere in the world, your bank statement is a must provide anywhere in the world.You have to show how financiallly comfortable you are .Its a requirement.

Perhaps the treatment of Nigerains is different in the record numbers of refusals everyday.

But i still Govt can interfere by telling them to soften their immigration policies, even to get Nigeria visa form abroad is not easy.

I pesronally know aof a case where a Danish woman was refused thrice on cases of lack of funds for 2 weeks tourist visit to Nigeria.She was given appeal and she won .

So the issue is dimensional in so many ways, govt , applicants, embassy, host etc

(1) (Reply)

Any Information About Malaysia? / Flight To Us Through Uk / Is Canada Ticket Up To N245,000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.