Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each (1016 Views)

Photos From 55th Independence Celebration In Abuja (Live) / President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text / Osinbajo At The 55th Anniversary Of NBA (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by cnwokike(m): 2:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
Twenty five prisoners from the three prisons in Anambra state have regained their freedom as well as received empowerment to the tune of one million naira each from the state government.

Governor Willie Obiano announced the prerogative of mercy and the empowerment on the prisoners serving different jail terms in Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi prisons as part of activities marking the nation’s fifty fifth Independence Anniversary and as a measure of hope to them to be able to re-integrate into the society and fend for themselves.

At a personal visit to Awka Prisons where he meets the five lucky inmates, it was a scene of overflowing emotion as the prisoners were in tears appreciating the gesture and pledged to lead a life worthy of emulation as they reunite with their families and the larger society.

The Attorney General and Anambra State Commissioner for Justice who called on the governor to perform the function of amnesty said it was the first time a sitting governor would be supervising the handing over of pardon on prisoners in the state.

The governor expressed his joy for performing the function that would give hope and bring life to the beneficiaries.

The governor signed the prison’s visitors register and had a group photograph with the released prisoners alongside other dignitaries.

Sixteen prisoners were released in Onitsha Prisons while four would regain their freedom in Nnewi prisons.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/10/02/55th-anniversary-obiano-grants-prisoners-freedom-gives-1-million-each/
Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by kemlily(f): 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
Wowwwwwww;;;;so touching .....he has a good heart cheesy
Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2015
rubbish
Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by deadZONE: 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2015
This is madness......
what moral does this teach?

we should go commit crime
and pray a blockhead would become
governor share 1m to us and set us free?

BULLSH!T.....

its high time we stop allowing Animals
rule us.....

Governor Willie Obiano your an ANIMAL
What good have u done for the faithful,
law abiding citizens? COWARD OF THE DECADE.

2 Likes

Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2015
Obiano sef

Are those people related to him? Or did they help him in becoming governor? Is there something we need to know?

We are watching ....

1 Like

Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by neolboy(m): 2:14pm On Oct 02, 2015
Make i run go anambra go commit crime make i fit collect 1million

3 Likes

Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by dustmalik: 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2015
But, this doesn't make sense at all. So, it's now profitable to commit crime?
Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by jhydebaba(m): 2:21pm On Oct 02, 2015
Very thoughtful of him. Other govs should do the same.
Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 02, 2015
This will still not guarantee your second term in the office

Hear it well
Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by Sealeddeal(m): 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2015
this Obiano is the worst thing to happen to anambra state. I dont know who that man is working for. He is behaving like someone living in fantasy land.
Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by Republlican(f): 2:38pm On Oct 02, 2015
Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by chymystique(f): 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2015
Sealeddeal:
this Obiano is the worst thing to happen to anambra state. I dont know who that man is working for. He is behaving like someone living in fantasy land.

I dont think you are from Anambra if not you wont make these statements above... @least he is better than most governors in Nigeria at the moment.
Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by babs01(m): 2:45pm On Oct 02, 2015
Obinna is doing great
Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by mightyhaze: 2:46pm On Oct 02, 2015
Xcept dis is a kind of compensation 4 ppl wrongly accused for crimes dey didt commit...I don't see d rationale behind dis act. Wot abt d strugglin ppl who hav sshunned crime 4 hardwork??wots d lesson 4 des ones. I respect obaino immensely,but I beg 2 differ on ds one
Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by AtlanticBreeze: 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2015
Sealeddeal:
[s]this Obiano is the worst thing to happen to anambra state. I dont know who that man is working for. He is behaving like someone living in fantasy land.[/s]
peter obi is the worst thing to happen to anambra state. Though I don't support the approach but its not entirely bad, afterall pope and obama visited prisons in the USA and it was highly celebrated. What if those guys were wrongly imprisoned?
Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by Maximillian1: 3:50pm On Oct 02, 2015
AtlanticBreeze:

peter obi is the worst thing to happen to anambra state. Though I don't support the approach but its not entirely bad, afterall pope and obama visited prisons in the USA and it was highly celebrated. What if those guys were wrongly imprisoned?
Gbam!
Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
AtlanticBreeze:

And you instantly assumed he is Obi's fan. For your information,sealdeal is a confused individual who wan an Ifeanyi Uba who can't run a football club to govern Anambra.
Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:59pm On Oct 02, 2015
And as for the Peter Obi bashing you are in the very tiny minority...hehe
Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by adconline(m): 4:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
AtlanticBreeze:

Uneccessary comparison. Obiano is neither Obama nor Pope.. Pope and Obama didn't give money to convicted inmates.. Obiano shouldnt have given them money..
Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by VickJames(m): 4:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
If he had given the 25million naira to three youths with one good business plan. In the next 10years, they will have employed 150 people.
Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by Ofodirinwa: 4:11pm On Oct 02, 2015
deadZONE:
This is madness......
what moral does this teach?

forgiveness.
Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by Sealeddeal(m): 4:15pm On Oct 02, 2015
AtlanticBreeze:

Obiano is a media propagandist and thats why you think he is doing anything meaningful. i cannot pin-point any meaningful thing he has done with anambra state allocation as well as the power of his office.
Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by adconline(m): 4:16pm On Oct 02, 2015
VickJames:
If he had given the 25million naira to three youths with one good business plan. In the next 10years, they will have employed 150 people.
Do Naija leaders think this way? Are u sure that they will get this money when most of them don't have bank account.
Re: 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each by VickJames(m): 4:20pm On Oct 02, 2015
adconline:

Do Naija leaders think this way? Are u sure that they will get this money when most of them don't have bank account.

He should've thought of better ways of empowering them. Like give them job in a security outfit or something. To be collecting market tax.

(1) (Reply)

Explosion Hit Lagos Sahara Report Photo / Dapo Abiodun Living In Self Delusion,says Kashamu. / Chibok Girls: Buhari May Offer Cash To Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.