Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,809 members, 7,844,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! (48541 Views)

Your Committee On Restructuring Has No Igbo Leader – Muslim Group Blasts APC / Buhari Must Return Arabic Words To Naira Notes! – Muslim Group Demands / FG Urged To Return ‘arabic Ajami' To Naira Notes- Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by klerry(m): 5:24pm On Oct 02, 2015
Though he's a professor, he needs to receive common sense!

2 Likes

Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by Kagarko(m): 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2015
omooba969:

@bolded,
Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslims!
cool

I see.
So Adolf Hitler was a Muslim.
Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by free2ryhme: 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2015
danjumakolo:

I do agree that arabic is a language and is akin to Islam.
But the arabic meaning on the note is simply translating hausa tribe which is the lingua franca in the north.Majority of the people who stay in the villages cannot read in English but in arabic.For example, twenty naira means Naira Ashirin in hausa which is translated as نايرا العشرين in arabic....this does not mean Islam.It only aid our locals to read and know the value of any new note printed.

But if hausas and yoruba Muslims prefer it written in arabic,I expect other igbos and yoruba xtians tell to the gvt so that the inscription on the note in yoruba and igbo shud be written in hewbrew...
Myopic reasoning who told u ibos and yorubas has Hebrew heritage
Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by Enahi(f): 5:27pm On Oct 02, 2015
Oh my God shocked I never knew some people can be this daft. Please who made this man a
Professor? They should Strip him of his Proffessorship please, he belongs in the zoo. What arrant nonsense

1 Like

Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by omooba969(m): 5:28pm On Oct 02, 2015
Kagarko:

I see.

Come off it du.mmy, you know what I mean but rather choose to be blind to it. cool
Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by Henry22(m): 5:29pm On Oct 02, 2015
this is the problem that MOHAMED has brought upon us in this world........in the next world to come if there will be any i pray may there never be the mohamedian spirit.

1 Like

Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by IamAtribalist: 5:33pm On Oct 02, 2015
cool Arrest this Islamic fundamentalist now and throw away the keys!

1 Like

Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by successinlife: 5:33pm On Oct 02, 2015
Kagarko:

I see.

Adolf Hitler is not a terrorist,he is an over ambitious person with bad intention of rulling the world.Hitler declared war and he was ready to engage anybody in field war,it is different from sambisa,afghanistan,yemen,al shabab etc mode of terrorism.Both are bad but hitler is ready to engage all commers to free fight.Hitler was overpowered because he was not doing suicide bombing and hide,he was an expansionist and power drunk.

I would have waved aside your question but i have to answer it for you to understand some basic truth.Europeans are not religious,Europeans are not religious fanatical.Now in a layman explanation,Muslim countries will never give nationality without the the applicant conversion or change his name to comform with arabic names,it is also very very rare if not for a specific gain.You can see a westerner with a xtian name and he never believe there is God or he can be a muslim,budhist,please tell me if this is the case in arab countries.European will never kill for the sake of a religion.I am talking from experience,i think you can go on and do your findings.To directly answer you,Adolf hitler might have been a pagan,don't judge europeans by their names.They practise homo which a basic non european xtian considered a sin.

5 Likes

Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by mohammedmagnus: 5:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
Am a muslim and i think buhari should not give ear to this guys. for peace sake
Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by successinlife: 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2015
klerry:
Though he's a professor, he needs to receive common sense!

In El rufai's word,he should buy sense for himself.

1 Like

Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by BirabilPaul(m): 5:36pm On Oct 02, 2015
of what use is Arabic Symbol on Nigerian currency...is Nigeria an Arab nation? upon all that Nigeria is going tru in the hand of those Arabic spoken torrists -BH...
No need for this Arabic tins. Something everybody can read and understand.

UNDERSTAND??

Prof, please more useful suggestion for National interest...CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by TheFreeOne: 5:36pm On Oct 02, 2015
aduje:
;DI am seeing half-informed Prof. for the first time. Dr Akintola is a Professor of what? Please I need to know.

I won't be surprised if he's a professor of Islamic studies and a silent jihadist.

The dude is a disgrace to 'professorship'.
Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by longayink: 5:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
danjumakolo:

I do agree that arabic is a language and is akin to Islam.
[b]But the arabic meaning on the note is simply translating hausa tribe which is the lingua franca in the north.Majority of the people who stay in the villages cannot read in English but in arabic.[/b]For example, twenty naira means Naira Ashirin in hausa which is translated as نايرا العشرين in arabic....this does not mean Islam.It only aid our locals to read and know the value of any new note printed.

[b]But if hausas and yoruba Muslims prefer it written in arabic,I expect other igbos and yoruba xtians tell to the gvt so that the inscription on the note in yoruba and igbo shud be written in hewbre[/b]w...

Highlighted.

I agree with you that majority of the people in the north of Nigeria cannot read English language - but place more premium on Arabic things - 55 years after Nigeria's independence;

but take note: majority of people in the old southeast region can read English, increasingly place more premiums on Western values - 55 years after Nigeria's independence;
so why then must both groups so different from each other remain FORCED together in One Nigeria?

You are not fooling anybody anymore. It's no point suggesting to have Hebrew written on Naira to please the Christians. Jews are not even Christians.

The only good suggestion is to have north of Nigeria whose majority chose Arabic language and sharia criminal laws to have a new country. Let the SW decide what its people want - whether to join north or to have a Yoruba country.

Nigeria can never form a nation. Commonly Shared value systems are the pre -requisites for nationhood. In the case of Nigeria, the value systems of the three major ethnic groups vary a lot. It is easier to have France, Germany, and Spain to form a nation, than to have Yoruba, Hausa/Fulani and Igbo to form a nation. [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by moshould(m): 5:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
I am a muslim, but i hate dos bastards wey dey protest dis nonsense, they must be kuraishi members, dirty pple wey no dey baff because of their stupid belief...

1 Like

Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by benedicts(m): 5:38pm On Oct 02, 2015
See mumu reasoning, how will that. Develop the country?

Is that d only thing that matters to their life?

Anyway, they are attention seekers and they have got it on nairaland. Aint gonna pass that level.
Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by Oblongatarh(m): 5:38pm On Oct 02, 2015
I use to hear about "Educated illiterates" but never believed it until I read this bullshit spewed out of the gu--er of a so-called professor. How is English the language of the bible? I won't b surprise to hear that this man and this group are the sponsors of Boko Haram. This Professor is a disgrace to the entire Muslim community. Is Arabic now the official language of Nigeria? I swear this man and his group must be high on cheap drugs. In Oshio baba's words I say this professor should "Go and Die"
Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by Godjone(m): 5:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
What stop the foool from using arabic to make such sinful demand? Why is the foool speaking in english? Useless sets of islamic fundamentalist. Make thunder fire their head there. Nonsense ignoramous gbegbentus

2 Likes

Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by wristbangle: 5:43pm On Oct 02, 2015
Retaarded and dim nitwits people

1 Like

Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by friends4ever(m): 5:44pm On Oct 02, 2015
WAO...THANK GOD I'M A CHRISTIAN. cool

1 Like

Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 02, 2015
free2ryhme:

Myopic reasoning who told u ibos and yorubas has Hebrew heritage

Do u want it in armaic?I thought paul who is considered to be the founder of xtianity spoke armaic or Hebrew.Or do u want it in vertican?
In any case the first naira notes in Nigeria were printed with English and arabic letters because of the importance they have in our heritage.The Europeans who did knows the value it has in the northern states.Except if you wanna tell me you are more Christian or atheian than the Missionaries
Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by scholes0(m): 5:47pm On Oct 02, 2015
This Professor Akintola or what does he call himself, must be SICK upstairs or something
Why should Arabic Ajami be returned to our official currency? is he nuts?

This is one Yoruba man I wouldn't want to associate myself or the rest of my people with ........ Pack to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Syria or Iraq if this country does not please you the way it is. (That is if they would even take you)
What happened to the religious tolerance Yorubas are well known for? Shior!! ..... My own is sha that you and the rest of your likes don't bring Boko Haram here o.... ehen!

1 Like

Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by UmuEri(m): 5:48pm On Oct 02, 2015
This people are potential terrorists. when i first saw this news, i culdnt believe my eyes, So i had to create this thread fo all to see. Islam is indeed the problem of the world.
UmuEri:
Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group Urges Buhari Featured

http://www.360nobs.com/2015/09/nigeria-at-55-muric-urges-fg-to-return-arabic-ajami-to-naira-notes/

 National news

 02 October 2015

As Nigeria celebrate her 55 Independence anniversary on Thursday, the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has urged the Federal Government to immediately return the Arabic Ajami script removed from the nation’s naira notes by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

Director of MURIC Prof. Isiaq Akintola made the call on Wednesday in his independence anniversary message to felicitate with the government and Nigerians.

"We call for the reinstatement of the Arabic Anjami which was removed from the naira by the last administration of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan after subterranean pressure from some unpatriotic religious leaders. Nigerian Muslims regard the removal as an act of hostility taken to spite Muslims. We consider it as a step taken to satisfy a section of Christians who had been secretly agitating for the removal of Arabic graphics from some official emblems used in Nigeria.

“We see the removal of Arabic from the naira as absolutely unnecessary and an action taken by Jonathan to spite Nigerian Muslims. We hereby state without any fear of contradiction that the use of Arabic as part of the graphics on our emblems does not in any way portray the imposition of Islam or its landmarks on Nigerians. This is so because Arabic stands parri pasu with English graphics wherever the former is used. “English graphics represent Westo-Christian civilisation while Arabic graphics symbolise Islamic culture. Those who insist that Arabic must be removed from our emblems nurse an agenda of domination by elimination,” Akintola said.

He said that whoever insists on the removal of Arabic Anjami from the naira and from other emblems must accept the equal removal of English graphics from the same materials, adding that after all English is the language of the Bible as it is known in Nigeria and it is on the nation’s naira and all other emblems.

He added: “By the way, apart from massaging the ego of Goodluck Jonathan and satisfying the narrow interest of Muslim-haters, what has Nigeria gained from removing Arabic from the naira? We appeal to the Federal Government to redress this wrong.”

Professor Ishaq Akintola,
Director,
Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC)

http://www.360nobs.com/2015/09/nigeria-at-55-muric-urges-fg-to-return-arabic-ajami-to-naira-notes/
Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by bejeria101(m): 5:48pm On Oct 02, 2015
Una don mad finish,dis country doesnt belong to you,d moment u stop thinking with your anus the beta for you,awon omo ale
Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by Standing5(m): 5:50pm On Oct 02, 2015
ndcide:
Expected. These were some of the things That shaped the last election. I told people that these sentiments were taken to the mosque as I could verify.

I got the hint about this 2 months back. and it's coming from the presidency.

The equivalent of arabic for christians is hebrew. The so called prof is ignorant. This is the kind of crystal clear ignorance that gives Christianity an edge over islam. He even thinks it was done to spite muslims.

2 Likes

Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by cruzyteejay(m): 5:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
Hehehehehehe,where are my Muslim brothers?let them come and defend this trash

1 Like

Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by Alfranco(m): 5:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
lincolnj88:
grin when we say we d igbos are different from these animals they called us wailers

I feel your pains. Some peaceful people in this country are a victim of circumstances: colonial mistakes and religious fanatics. And worst still, it is terrible to cohabit with people who can't tell the differences between politics their acquired foreign religions that have eroded their culture and sense of humanity. How can we have peace in a country like this...

2 Likes

Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
CivilzedTyger:
I wonder why some ignorant folks believe that all muslims are terrorist, my name is Muhammad am a muslim nt a terrorist, Islam Is Peace, Jugding Islam based on what ignorant muslims do is like judging a car based on the competence of the driver. #itzcommonsense

I dont mean to attack your religion bro. But for every rule there is an exception or a reversal. Therefore, it is logical to use the action of a reasonable majority to judge the whole. Let us look at the 'majority' of islam. Look at the regions where islam is popularly practiced. The middle east, Northern Africa, Northern Nigeria. Is there peace?? How do they treat their women?? Would you describe them as violent?. It is therefore reasonable to say that you are an exception. The majority make you look bad!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
this is what happens when some people have cooked indomie on one side of their brain and bunch of intestinal worms on d other side of their brians. did christians agitate for any symbol depicts their religion on the naira note? so y are d muslims acting like dey av d guts to dictate whats goin to be printed on the naira note. imbecilic madness
Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by HrmOlolade(m): 5:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
jabbok:
Prof. Isiaq Akintola, no matter how hard you try, you will still be a yoruba muslim confined to a yoruba mosque in the eyes of hausa / fulani.
atleast n0t a Igbo, Biafra bastard like u
Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by damyzino(m): 5:59pm On Oct 02, 2015
stinggy:

Talk please.
Call them by their name, they are FOOLS!

Arabic language isn't an indigenous language in Nigeria and does not serve the same purpose as our lingua franca - English. Their argument of the bible holds no water. Bible was first written in Hebrew and a few portion in Biblical Aramaic. Early translation was to Greek and from then to English so as to gain wider readership.
It is nobody's fault that the didn't think of translating Koran to English until lately.

And btw, are there only two religions in Nigeria
MURIC members calling for the return of 'ajami' are crazy.
[an-Nasa'i ]
On the authority of Uqbah ibn Amir (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say: Your Lord delights at a shepherd who, on the peak of a mountain crag, gives the call to prayer and prays. Then Allah (glorified and exalted be He) say: Look at this servant of Mine, he gives the call to prayer and performs the prayers; he is in awe of Me. I have forgiven My servant [his sins] and have admitted him to Paradise.
Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by ovus7(m): 6:00pm On Oct 02, 2015
If english is the language of the bible why is the uneducated prof speaking english..he would have used arabic.people go jus dy find trouble were trouble nr dy

1 Like

Re: Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! by kishimi8(m): 6:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
This man was supposed to be a Professor but unfortunately, he's exhibiting so much ignorance.

1. The Languages of the Bible are Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek languages. English is but translation to serve speakers of English language. In Rome, their Bible is the Latin translation; In Spain, it is the spanish translation. In Arabic Countries, Christians use the ARABIC translation of the Bible. In Nigeria, while English translation is mostly used in urban areas, most rural areas use their local dialect translation. English is not,was not and has NEVER been the language of Christians or the Bible.

2. English language is one of the official Languages in Nigeria and the language of business. Government transact businesses in English language. Arabic is not, was not and has never been our language. Hence, there is NO reason for arabic inscription to be on national symbol, neither is there any reason for Jewish or roman inscription to be on our national symbol.

3. The man and his group are only blowing hot air. Buhari MUST not restore the arabic inscriptions but instead he should remove the arabic inscription on our military emblem. This has nothing to do with anti-islam or pro-christian.

You quoted out of context,

adding that after all English is the language of the Bible as it is known in Nigeria

The man said as it is known in nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Woman Photoshopped Herself Into Zahra And Ahmed Indimi's Wedding Photos / Abisola Kola Daisi Wears N600k Louboutin Heels (Photos) / Osun Election: Adeleke faults Osogbo, Ayedaade Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.