Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:50 PM

No Record Of Diezani Arrest- London Police Spokeman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Record Of Diezani Arrest- London Police Spokeman (843 Views)

London Police Called To Arrest The Guardian’s Reporter Over Buhari / Finally! Alison-madueke Honours London Police Invitation. / How Ex-president Arranged Arrest of Diezani - Silverbirdtv.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Record Of Diezani Arrest- London Police Spokeman by shift15(m): 10:03pm On Oct 02, 2015
A London Police spokesman has told Reuters the he had no record of arrest of former Nigeria oil minister Mrs. DIezani Allison Madueke. Further confirmation sought by Reuters from National Crime Agency was not responded to.

Former Nigeria President Goodluck Jonathan’s petroleum minister, Mrs. Alison-Madueke was reportedly arrested in London on Friday, a source from Nigeria's presidency circle and another with links to her family said.

The two Nigerian sources did not say why she had been arrested but under Alison-Madueke's watch, oil-related scandals involving billions of dollars became almost commonplace in Africa's top oil producer, ranging from fuel subsidy fraud to missing crude revenues.

A statement for the British High Commission in Abuja said that five people between the ages of 21 and 60 had been arrested on suspicion of bribery and corruption offences on Friday morning.

"The crimes are being investigated by the National Crime Agency," it said, without naming anyone.

Alison-Madueke's personal assistant or a lawyer representing her could not be reached, but she has previously denied any wrongdoing.

Many Nigerians had been expecting her arrest after President Muhammadu Buhari officially replaced Jonathan at the end of May.

Buhari, a former general, won the elections at the end of March after promising to crack down on corruption, which is endemic in Africa's biggest economy.

http://believeafrica.net/no-record-of-diezani-arrest-london-police-spokeman-p679-114.htm
Re: No Record Of Diezani Arrest- London Police Spokeman by themonk(m): 10:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
Hmm
Re: No Record Of Diezani Arrest- London Police Spokeman by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
"God, who I go believe"? Quote me anywhere
Re: No Record Of Diezani Arrest- London Police Spokeman by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
We were made to understand that it is not the Metropolitan Police that arrested her so this report is true.
I wonder what your aim is Mr OP

1 Like

Re: No Record Of Diezani Arrest- London Police Spokeman by Trut(m): 10:09pm On Oct 02, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"God, who I go believe"? Quote me anywhere

Believe the zoo paid journalists and medias at your own peril
Re: No Record Of Diezani Arrest- London Police Spokeman by jumper524(m): 10:13pm On Oct 02, 2015
there is power in the sources. @op ur source is fake
Re: No Record Of Diezani Arrest- London Police Spokeman by ayukdaboss(m): 10:14pm On Oct 02, 2015
I thought Reuters, the acclaimed Source has a website?? Beleiveafrica.net
Re: No Record Of Diezani Arrest- London Police Spokeman by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 02, 2015
BREAKING : Nigeria’s Former Petroleum Minister Diezani Alison-Madueke Released

http://savinggracereporters.com/headline/breaking-nigerias-former-petroleum-minister-diezani-alison-madueke-released/

(1) (Reply)

Is It True That MTN Is Giving Free Airtime Credit This Week? / Buhari: “my People Are Useless, My People Are Senseless, My People Are Indiscipl / Please Analyse If This Is A Display Of Strength Or Weakness from N'Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.