Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

25 Prisoners Regain Freedom In Anambra, Get N1m Each - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25 Prisoners Regain Freedom In Anambra, Get N1m Each (662 Views)

Recession:After Suspension Of Taxes,communities in anambra get 20m projects each / Udom's N1m Gift: Woman Dies During Stampede (photos) / 25 Prisoners Regain Freedom In Anambra, Get N1m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 Prisoners Regain Freedom In Anambra, Get N1m Each by usj(m): 6:37am On Oct 03, 2015
Twenty-five prisoners in Anambra State on Thursday regained freedom following
the amnesty granted to them by the state governor, Willie Obiano, to mark the
55th anniversary of the country’s independence.
Obiano also announced a lifeline of N1m to each of them.
The beneficiaries of the governor’s amnesty were from Awka, Onitsha and Aguata
prisons.
Those from Awka prisons were Obumneme Okafor, Chibike Nwogwu, Daniel
Philemon, Ude Chidiebere, and Innocent Okeke.
Okeke was sentenced to death, but was later commuted to life imprisonment
before he was finally freed on Thursday by the governor in the exercise of his
constitutional powers of prerogative of mercy.
In Aguata prisons, the six inmates, who benefited from the gesture included
Chinedu Onyebuchi, Okwudili Offor, Emmanuel Enemchukwu, Nwafor Reuben,
Camilus Ikensor and Cyril Ogufuba.
The list of 14 others from Onitsha prison was not published at the time of going
to press on Friday.
The state governor, who noted in his Independence Anniversary speech that he
saw hope in Nigeria, said he had to release the inmates in the spirit of the
moment.
He said, “Brothers and sisters, I see hope for Anambra State. I see hope for
Nigeria. It is along this line that I have decided to give hope to the hopeless
amongst us by exercising my powers of prerogative of mercy and granting
amnesty to 25 prisoners serving different terms in the three prisons in Anambra
State.”
Obiano also said government would give the 25 beneficiaries of the amnesty
training in the state vocational skill acquisition centre after which they would be
given N1m as a lifeline to enable them become self-employed and contribute to
the society.
Earlier, the Attorney General of the state, Mr. Chude Nnadi, said the inmates
were qualified for the amnesty because some of them had only three months left
in prison.

http://www.punchng.com/city-news-feature/25-prisoners-regain-freedom-in-anambra-get-n1m-each/
Re: 25 Prisoners Regain Freedom In Anambra, Get N1m Each by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 03, 2015
Happy for you guys... smiley

Bet governor please....there is something called 'probation'

Money, girls and space can enter person head oo embarassed
Re: 25 Prisoners Regain Freedom In Anambra, Get N1m Each by gozmok1(m): 6:40am On Oct 03, 2015
Re: 25 Prisoners Regain Freedom In Anambra, Get N1m Each by gozmok1(m): 6:41am On Oct 03, 2015
Willie is working Anambra light of the Nation
Re: 25 Prisoners Regain Freedom In Anambra, Get N1m Each by Magician1503(m): 6:45am On Oct 03, 2015
Good
Re: 25 Prisoners Regain Freedom In Anambra, Get N1m Each by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 03, 2015
Good gesture from Obiano again. This man has sense of humor unlike another dullard called Okowa in Delta State. My Delta people una see una life embarassed
Re: 25 Prisoners Regain Freedom In Anambra, Get N1m Each by mensdept: 6:55am On Oct 03, 2015
Stelvin101:
Good gesture from Obiano again. This man has sense of humor unlike another dullard called Okowa in Delta State. My Delta people una see una life embarassed

How is this a good gesture? Releasing criminals and giving them public funds as if you are father christmas? Before that donating to the military that is also killing your people.

I thought they said Igbo are not cowards and it was Yoruba, but Obiano's 2nd term has cowardice written all over it.

1 Like

Re: 25 Prisoners Regain Freedom In Anambra, Get N1m Each by Agbgift(f): 7:01am On Oct 03, 2015
Just hope they use the funds wisely.
Re: 25 Prisoners Regain Freedom In Anambra, Get N1m Each by Lanceslot(m): 7:11am On Oct 03, 2015
Good gesture My Governor, keep making Anambra state a better place for all.... Anyi Ndi Anambra Kwu Gi Na Azu. Anambra Adigo Mma.
Re: 25 Prisoners Regain Freedom In Anambra, Get N1m Each by stuff46(m): 7:15am On Oct 03, 2015
mensdept:

How is this a good gesture? Releasing criminals and giving them public funds as if you are father christmas? Before that donating to the military that is also killing your people.

I thought they said Igbo are not cowards and it was Yoruba, but Obiano's 2nd term has cowardice written all over it.

Earlier, the Attorney General of the state, Mr. Chude Nnadi, said the inmates were qualified for the amnesty because some of them had only three months left in prison.

Dundee, read well before you spit trash.
Re: 25 Prisoners Regain Freedom In Anambra, Get N1m Each by NextGovernor(m): 7:15am On Oct 03, 2015
mensdept:

Sometime is advisable you keep quite if you don't know what to say. People like you carries wrong informations. Obiano is in his 1st term and hasn't ended.
Re: 25 Prisoners Regain Freedom In Anambra, Get N1m Each by realtestament(m): 7:18am On Oct 03, 2015
So criminals are now paid, and the loyal ones go empty handed...chai some nigerians sha...smdh

#I Love dis country grin

(1) (Reply)

ABOMINATION!(father Sexually Abuse His 4yrs Daughter) / See What These Politicians Are Doing To Themselves (video) - Cramjones / Prof Anthony Anwukah Should Go To The Senate And Take Bow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.