Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,636 members, 7,851,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:50 PM

Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps (36562 Views)

Ongoing Protest Against Senators In Minna (Photos) / Saraki: CCB Member Says Chairman Breached Bureau’s Procedure / Saraki's CCB Trial Live On Channels TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by sirTesco(m): 1:43pm On Oct 03, 2015
sammyj:
This is a welcome development since we have many Saraki's in that National assembly which is why they are backing the Senate president on this asset saga. Before I forget I am calling out the wailing wailers to come and eat their regular food. !! shocked grin
pls enogh of this wailing wailers food here on NL. Its becoming more annoying. Am not one shall but just my view.
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by ALISMILE(m): 1:45pm On Oct 03, 2015
amusadele:
There is nothing as interesting as this government of the domestic animal call Buhari. On daily bases, my prayer keeps becoming materialised. May nature strengtened the hearts of the senators and reps. so that there willl be total confusion, misunderstanding and at the end, Buhari will go down completely failed. Just in case you are wondering who is my self? Why am I so bitter about Buhari? Let me tell you that Buhari has continue to undermind others, because he feels that he is Fulani and can do and undo, and nothing will happen. So what some of us prefer to do is to pray that since he is not the Almighty that can do and undo and go free, he should be told that people are not very pained. If GEJ had appointed his kingsmen as INEC boss, these Buharis would have killed every south south people because he feels he can do and undo and go free. He will fail.
please!please! Please! Read tru ur post again and see if u made any point!
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by Cityguy: 1:47pm On Oct 03, 2015
Mogidi:
CCB has now become Buhari's personal attack dog, to use on perceived opponents?.

Will the ever increasing probes put food on our tables, will it increase electricity production, will it uplift the economy?
Don't know why it has to focus on northern senators backing Saraki. What of the pawns that are serving the other powers-that-be? This is not healthy. However, there's no need for them to panic. If rules are followed, I understand the Bureau ought to point their attention to any discrepancy which they would correct. Anything outside of this would mean a dummy's prolly heading a supposed distinguished body such as the Bureau.
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by ALISMILE(m): 1:48pm On Oct 03, 2015
sirTesco:

pls enogh of this wailing wailers food here on NL. Its becoming more annoying. Am not one shall but just my view.
denying ur natural birth? Wen has it become a tin of shame to be a wailer?be proud of ur birth son!
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by sirTesco(m): 1:51pm On Oct 03, 2015
sammyj:
This is a welcome development since we have many Saraki's in that National assembly which is why they are backing the Senate president on this asset saga. Before I forget I am calling out the wailing wailers to come and eat their regular food. !! shocked grin
pls enogh of this wailing wailers food here on NL. Its becoming more annoying. Am not one shall, but just my view.
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by bobestman(m): 1:54pm On Oct 03, 2015
Going after all PDP members are your enemies is not how to move the nation forward.Stop Boko haram first for they kill everyday.
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by Pricelezz(m): 1:55pm On Oct 03, 2015
Good move rejuvenated CCT.
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by sirTesco(m): 1:55pm On Oct 03, 2015
Mogidi:
CCB has now become Buhari's personal attack dog, to use on perceived opponents?.

Will the ever increasing probes put food on our tables, will it increase electricity production, will it uplift the economy?
If all our public funds are looted, how will our economy look like?
Before u enters into a strong man's house, first u get him down.
Learn to reason beyond ur nose.
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by Ghandi12: 1:56pm On Oct 03, 2015
I keep urging President Buhari to turn the EFCC/ICPC/DSS/CCB into revenue recovering/making bodies. These bodies have the potential of competing with NNPC and LNG in the next 2 years. While they dispense justice they should tilt more to confiscating illegally acquired wealth and properties.

The greatest weakness of any thief is when caught and confronted with incontrovertible evidences. It does not have to come public for the remorseful ones who are ready to cooperate - the plea bargaining should simply be about recovering at least 90% of what they looted. But impenitent and arrogant ones should be made examples of.

Worth of most public officers before and after service are just not explicable. How can someone who has only earned salaries for less than a decade without any proof of lawful inheritance or business success be boasting of hundreds of Billion. If what is being circulated as Senator Saraki's wealth, for example, is true then I am afraid others in his wavelength wont be far-off from this absurdity.
The disparity between the 'normal' and 'absurd' worth can easily be worked out at a round table - let them forfeit the the disparity to the State peacefully or be disgraced or/and pelted as the case may be.

If all past and serving public officers take advantage of this opportunity just imagine how much money that will be repatriated into the State cover.
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by mart2k(m): 1:56pm On Oct 03, 2015
I pray and hope that the CCT office will not be burnt someday.
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by Mogidi: 2:08pm On Oct 03, 2015
sirTesco:

If all our public funds are looted, how will our economy look like?
Before u enters into a strong man's house, first u get him down.
Learn to reason beyond ur nose.

You can see how bad our economy is doing since Buhari concentrated wholly on probes. It makes a good headline and it keeps the public entertained, but seriously someone needs to address our dwindling economy.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by sirTesco(m): 2:10pm On Oct 03, 2015
ALISMILE:
denying ur natural birth? Wen has it become a tin of shame to be a wailer?be proud of ur birth son!
U don't know how to talk.
U need good education.
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 03, 2015
ALISMILE:
and hw do u knw he is not doing that? The President has told us that Oder is more vital than speed!
that man is overly obsessed with corruption that he fails to understand that there are other important aspects of the country that needs urgent solutions..he had better be focused and have good plans...
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by kaybext(m): 2:31pm On Oct 03, 2015
Like seriously, I never knew some agencies function in Nigeria until this year...Nice one! will love to see more agency work
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by bashydemy(m): 3:13pm On Oct 03, 2015
Pa Chukwudi44 come ooooo you see say Saraki case is growing everyday... PMB is such a brilliant leader..

I bear no ill will against anyone on past events. Nobody should fear anything from me. We are not after anyone. People should only fear the consequences of their actions-- PMB October 1st 2015 independence day speech
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by kaFANEN(m): 3:18pm On Oct 03, 2015
kennybabs1980:
•Bureau scrutinises records of ex-govs,others •Northern lawmakers under pressure
Written by:
Taiwo Adisa - Abuja

.It emerged on Friday that despite the perceived rapprochement between the Presidency and the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, a move aimed at splitting Saraki’s support base in the Senate and the House of Representatives has been flagged off.

Investigations by Saturday Tribune showed that the Code of Conduct Bureau, which keeps the records of public officers, has commenced the vetting of the records submitted by senators and members of the House of Representatives.

Investigations revealed further that the Bureau is concentrating on new Senators and Rep members while the files of former governors in the Senate is also being examined.

It was gathered that the leadership of the Bureau had set aside the forms submitted by Senators and members of the House of Representatives following the hype over their investigation by the CCB.

It was learnt that aside from keeping the files away from the prying eyes of the public, the Bureau has also commenced detailed scrutiny of the files to determine those that would be referred to the Code of Conduct Tribunal.

An alarm was raised last week, following the commencement of the trial of Saraki at the CCT but the Bureau, through its spokesperson, Iyabo Akinwale, insisted on Monday that the CCB was not specially investigating anyone.

When contacted, Akinwale said, “I am not aware of anything like that.”

Investigations, however, revealed that the files of former governors in the Senate have come under scrutiny, while that if newly elected senators and Rep members are also being examined.

A source said that the experience of the CCB has confirmed that newly elected persons into office have the tendency of making faulty and anticipatory declarations.

The source said that the powers of the CCB have been renewed through the Criminal Administration law which was passed under the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

The source said that the Bureau is already planning to operate under the auspices of the CCT Act and the Criminal Administration Act to ensure it barks and bite at the same time.

“The Bureau will not overlook infractions to the law just because some persons are making a noise in the media. A number of newly elected senators and former governors already have their files separated for further action. It is being vowed that some of those who are seen as making anticipatory declarations are not to be treated as having made mistakes,” the source said.

When asked why the focus is on members of the National Assembly, the source insisted that the Bureau should start from somewhere, adding that its officials believe they can now operate better with the Criminal Justice Administration Act.

Sources in Abuja also told Saturday Tribune that lawmakers from the North who are backing Saraki have come under intense pressure from the people who are already seeing them as working against the interests President Buhari.

Family members of some of the lawmakers are said to have started forwarding messages of threat to their lives to the lawmakers, who believe however that the Buhari-Saraki saga would end soon.

www.tribuneonlineng.com/saraki-ccb-fresh-move-against-senators-reps
Nigeria has become so intresting overnight, my gut tells me;its a good thing.
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by ALISMILE(m): 3:21pm On Oct 03, 2015
IzonOwei:
that man is overly obsessed with corruption that he fails to understand that there are other important aspects of the country that needs urgent solutions..he had better be focused and have good plans...
remove corruption from nig and evry oda tin will naturally fall into shape! I can bet u dis!
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by bashydemy(m): 3:27pm On Oct 03, 2015
chukwudi44:
Good move!! This would further unite the senators against their common enemy!!
hahaha this Chukwudi44 will never stop making me laugh hahaha... You mean they will unite and fight the Presidency? They will unite and fight the CCT? guy wake up Change is here... Everybody will be their loads themself now and leave Saraki to face his wahala....

I bear no ill will against anyone on past events. Nobody should fear anything from me. We are not after anyone. People should only fear the consequences of their actions-- PMB Oct 1st 2015
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by olutunde12(m): 3:59pm On Oct 03, 2015
Ioannes:
Nigeria is becoming more interesting.

just watch, more commoners will have a smile permanently fixed on their faces at the rate at which this is going.

nothing gratifies the soul more than knowing that the man at the top has got your back as a "commoner".

God bless Nigeria.

A commoner with houses in Kano, Abuja etc who climed that his acct balance before election spending was 1M and two months later it grew to a reported 30M?
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by olutunde12(m): 4:04pm On Oct 03, 2015
ALISMILE:
remove corruption from nig and evry oda tin will naturally fall into shape! I can bet u dis!

I laugh. Is Buhari fighting corruption or bitting the hands that fed him simply because he wants to get back an office he lied he was not interested in because of tinubu?
Go and check it, there is no country where wich hunting clean corruption. The fight must be total and raw for success.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by bashydemy(m): 4:10pm On Oct 03, 2015
Firefire:
I hope somebody is reading this...

"The source said that the powers of the CCB have been renewed through the Criminal Administration law which was passed under the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan ".

GEJ fighting corruption by making necessary laws and not through media propaganda.

I hail the media noise maker, APC. cheesy

Party of professional propagandists and career looters.
hahaha see mumu, So the law was passed under GEJ and nobody was charged and prosecute during his 6yrs regime.. hahaha na camouflage law that was sign under GEJ and the law does not take any effect... But PMB review it and make the law stand.... Do you remember stealing is not corruption in the last administration?
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by bashydemy(m): 4:15pm On Oct 03, 2015
ndcide:
Yet we couldn't prob fashola?

What about buhari's assets have they been verified?

So if the senators surrenders they will be free ?

To every action, there's opposite reaction. When the retaliation starts, no one should say it's political.
if you have problem with PMB assets declaration why not go and probe it and stop making fool of yourself.
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by ALISMILE(m): 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2015
olutunde12:

I laugh. Is Buhari fighting corruption or bitting the hands that fed him simply because he wants to get back an office he lied he was not interested in because of tinubu?
Go and check it, there is no country where wich hunting clean corruption. The fight must be total and raw for success.
wat do u guys even mean by the term witch hunting? Is it that Saraki being framed for somtin he knws notin about? If he is nt guilty then fine, let him face the charges b4 him! If Saraki is found nt to be guilty, believe me all these will boost the integrity of our very soiled Senate! Sombdy is suspected to be corrupt but guys re screamin
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by kennybabs1980: 5:36pm On Oct 03, 2015
laplace12:

Another waste of time and Tinubu's resources.

This Saraki case will sink Tinubu. All these nairaland APC supporters are inconsequential.
the way OBJ sank him abi!
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 03, 2015
olutunde12:

A commoner with houses in Kano, Abuja etc who climed that his acct balance before election spending was 1M and two months later it grew to a reported 30M?

am sorry what are you talking about again?
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by zionglory(m): 6:02pm On Oct 03, 2015
Rawani:
Let the 'witchunt' continue, the Sinators should be thoroughly sniffed and smoked out.

Enough of the nauseating support for corruption, Nigerians have had enough.

File 001 - Stella Oduah
File 002 - Sani Yerima
File 003 - Godswill Akpabio

Pls dimeji bankole too

1 Like

Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 03, 2015
Mogidi:

Those are the works of body language. Probe is the first and foremost function of a democratic government.
Re: Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 03, 2015
ALISMILE:
guy it doesn't work like that..that's what you guys don't get...buhari can retrieve all the monies stolen and be bereft of policies to expand our economy and create jobs..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kaduna Train Attack: 2 Bodies Deposited At Kaduna Hospital, Many Injured / Tribunal: Tinubu, INEC Kick As Peter Obi Tenders Total Pvcs In 32 States / Rivers Gov Poll: Armed DSS Officials Storm Tribunal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.