Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,377 members, 7,850,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:30 PM

Lies We Often Tell - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lies We Often Tell (760 Views)

Lies We Told Our Parents So They Have Our Backs / Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us / The Lies We Were Told When We Were Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lies We Often Tell by bomakris(f): 10:58am On Apr 21, 2009
Most at times we tell little and big lies, Oh! it escape my mind that there is nothing like little or big lies, all lies are lies so there is no difference.

However, people tell lies for thier selfish reasons, to prevent thier love ones been hurt etc.

I could remember i once told a lie to my Mum, my conscience was pricked but i still have to tell the lie cos if she knows the truth of the event that took place she will be devasted and heartbroken. I don't want her to feel that way so i was left with no option than to tell a lie.

I won't go further but i want to know your own perspective of why people tell lies instead of the truth?
Re: Lies We Often Tell by ifyalways(f): 12:30pm On Apr 21, 2009
lol @post.Talk abt safe lies shocked .i too have lied to protect my loved ones from being hurt cheesy
Re: Lies We Often Tell by Iranoladun(f): 1:07pm On Apr 21, 2009
Safe lies, small lies, big lies; lies always come back to haunt you unless you say the truth you may know no peace! In fact loved ones may feel devastated when they discover they've been lied to & may never trust you again.
Re: Lies We Often Tell by oluwdashmi(f): 3:53pm On Apr 21, 2009
Generally, we lie cos we have not perfected our ways before God cos if our ways are perfect, we will say the truth no matter the condition
Re: Lies We Often Tell by iice(f): 6:40pm On Apr 21, 2009
Rarely lie unless it's to protect a loved one. . .which they rarely need anyway cheesy
People like to ask me things about people. . .my motto. . .if you want to know, carry your mouth to the person cheesy
Re: Lies We Often Tell by iice(f): 6:42pm On Apr 21, 2009
Iranoladun:

Safe lies, small lies, big lies; lies always come back to haunt you unless you say the truth you may know no peace! In fact loved ones may feel devastated when they discover they've been lied to & may never trust you again.

It's more like protecting them. . .eventually i tell them but when the iron is hot as they say, i let it cool instead of letting them strike. . .for my family - we take no nonsense grin

(1) (Reply)

Swearing By Your Dead Parents / Father Of Triplets Moans ' God, This Blessing Is Too Much!' / Nigeria 'lesbian Wedding' Denied

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.