Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering (31179 Views)

Arrest For Hate Speech: Arewa Youth Council Gives Gov. Masari 48 Hours Ultimatum / Ex-ministers Angry With Jonathan For ‘abandoning’ Them With EFCC / Willy Obiano Warns Nnamdi Kanu: Steer Clear Of Anambra Elections Or Risk Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by ojoadeola: 1:00am On Oct 04, 2015
Diezani: Three more ex-ministers risk arrest for graft, money laundering
•Disquiet in Jonathan’s camp
•How Diezani’s collaborator surrendered to UK agency
•Her business partners go underground

Three more ministers of the Goodluck Jonathan era are facing possible arrest in the aftermath of Friday’s detention of ex- Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, in London for alleged corruption.

Although Alison-Madueke and the four other suspects arrested along with her were granted bail same day, tension has already gripped the Jonathan camp following what sources described as threat by the once powerful ex-minister to open up on certain deals which she was directed to execute.

She is said to be good at keeping records, including handwritten notes.

A source in one of the anti-graft agencies said last night that Mrs. Alison-Madueke is “just one of the few cases of ex-ministers under investigation.”

“We have at least about three issues at hand but I will not disclose their names,” the source said, adding, “do not forget that these three cases are outside the matter of ex-Minister Stella Oduah which is stuck in court. We have made our position known on this.

“The depletion of the $1billion in Sovereign Wealth Fund by about $700million is one of the priority cases with anti-graft agencies. There are also the issues of reckless granting of tax waivers to oil firms.”

The ex-ministers are believed to have been implicated by Permanent Secretaries.

They are likely to be quizzed in connection with alleged reckless granting of waivers, depletion of the Sovereign Wealth Fund by $700m without the knowledge of the National Economic Council, and “questionable contracts.”

The camp of the former president was in disarray yesterday following the arrest of the ex-Minister of Petroleum Resources, investigation showed.

Sources said London was thought to be a safe haven for after leaving office in May.

Apart from being a Chevening Scholar, courtesy of the British High Commission, it was learnt that security agencies in the UK did not give her any inkling as she was shuttling between Nigeria and the UK.

A source, who spoke in confidence, said: “Those in Jonathan’s camp felt the ex-president’s visit to President Muhammadu Buhari had created a window for mutual talks and negotiation on alleged graft findings by the new administration.

“They did not know that Buhari really meant business to retrieve looted funds.

“Actually, some ex-ministers, including Diezani, have already placed their counsel in Nigeria on standby in case of any invitation by anti-graft agencies. Their plan was that the matter would be settled in Nigerian court.

“But the arrest of the ex-Minister in London has added a new dimension to the anti-corruption agenda of the Buhari administration.

“Those in Jonathan’s camp were shocked by Diezani’s arrest. They have been desperately trying to get in touch with the ex-Minister since yesterday without success.

“As at today (yesterday), they are worried that Diezani has cut off contact with everyone, creating fears that she might spill the beans.

“The fear in Jonathan’s camp is that Diezani might be given the James Ibori treatment. They are suspecting that she might be tried and convicted in the UK.”

A former presidential aide said: “None of us has been able to reach out to Diezani because all her lines are off. She has also not called to share her travails with anybody.”

How she was nabbed

It was gathered yesterday that the voluntary surrender to the National Crimes Agency (NCA) by a Nigerian oil baron laid the foundation for a comprehensive investigation, and arrest of Diezani.

The said oil baron, according to sources, was allegedly fronting for the ex-Minister and may be holding some looted funds in trust for her.

It was learnt that following surveillance and monitoring by security agencies, the oil baron confided in a former Head of State who encouraged him to open up to the NCA on all such slush accounts.

“The oil magnate voluntarily surrendered to NCA because he knew the game was up. He was not having peace where he was staying in the UK. But the former Head of State assisted in cracking this financial crime.”

Mrs. Alison-Madueke and her alleged accomplices are expected to be arraigned in a London court tomorrow.

The suspects were questioned for several hours by security agents in London.

This came four months after Prime Minister David Cameron pledged Britain’s support for president Muhammadu Buhari’s war against corruption.

Hours after the ex-minister’s arrest, operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) sealed off her high brow Asokoro,Abuja residence for a search.

Sources said the anti corruption agency had a court warrant to conduct the search.

http://thenationonlineng.net/diezani-three-more-ex-ministers-risk-arrest-for-graft-money-laundering/

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by DaBullIT(m): 1:08am On Oct 04, 2015
All I ever wanted was a high profile politician to be tried and Jailed

Not only will that leave a record and warning

I am sure they'll start spilling the beans on and about each other's secrets

the more the merrier the better for Nigerians

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by Paulpaulpaul(m): 1:49am On Oct 04, 2015
These women are disgrace to womanhood how would someone see the level of poverty on the street of Nigeria and still comfortably steal from the masses?

Stella Odua you better start de do press up. I love this body grammar.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by larrymoore(m): 2:47am On Oct 04, 2015
mummy see where greed is taking you?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by daomi(m): 2:50am On Oct 04, 2015
Brb
Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by MKO4ever(m): 2:52am On Oct 04, 2015
I will not be surprised if some people plan and kill this woman fast before she exposes them in court

33 Likes

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by MayorofLagos(m): 3:38am On Oct 04, 2015
I thought Diezani went very early one morning, in company of Marilyn Ogar, both dressed like Hajiya in purdah seeking Abdulsalami's help to intercede with Buhari. Did Salami not secure some relief? What the heck!

It is an act of corruption to ban Nairalanders.

Mods watch yaself! angry

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by ionsman: 3:56am On Oct 04, 2015
These people never expected Jonathan/Pdp to leave aso rock soon.

That's all I can deduce from this whole thing.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by Nobody: 3:57am On Oct 04, 2015
always a milf..I'll lick that place, if needs be

8 Likes

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by Kaydem(m): 3:59am On Oct 04, 2015
Whosoever is found wanting should go to jail... Next!

8 Likes

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by eyesofgod: 5:10am On Oct 04, 2015
I cant understand the disquiet from the camps of the Wailes, Biafra, PDP, our oyel group and most of all Pa Chukwudi. If the Deziani's saga were to be playing out in Nigeria, Chukwudi would have been convulsing, our oyel group, wailer and PDP would've descended into witch-hunting frenzy while the biafrans would've been killing themselves for who barks loudest.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by oluwafemi113(m): 5:11am On Oct 04, 2015

There's trap everywhere even if they start going to china instead of UK or US. At a time there will be no space for corrupt people. Sometimes ago, the Nigeria chamber invited her and she refused to respect the law of Nigeria, so she is waiting for a superior law! All others should be preparing while JEG will be among the last turn.

20 Likes

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by StOla: 5:16am On Oct 04, 2015
ionsman:
These people never expected Jonathan/Pdp to leave aso rock soon.

That's all I can deduce from this whole thing.

You think say Orubebe demonstrated for fun.

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by pet4ril(f): 5:18am On Oct 04, 2015
Paulpaulpaul:
These women are disgrace to womanhood how would someone see the level of poverty on the street of Nigeria and still comfortably steal from the masses?

Stella Odua you better start de do press up. I love this body grammar.
money they say is the root of all evil, that's why you see some of them comfortably owing their employees and pocket the money..... but one thing I know, God will give them a greater load that will be too heavy for them to carry that all their money will be spent..... nonsense people angry sad

25 Likes

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:23am On Oct 04, 2015
I see Okonjo-Iweala resigning from her newly-secured job in the US and returning to Nigeria.

Stella Oduah won't join her colleagues in the Senate to go to the US or UK on legislative study leave.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by Nobody: 5:35am On Oct 04, 2015
Assuming she used the money to develop Bayelsa state where she is from, nobody will arrest. she will only have been accused of Tribalism.

The problem i have with Nigeria corrupt politicians, is dat they dont care about development of thier people.

As a niger deltan, i agree the oil money belong to us but not to individual niger deltan. If you really love ur people u should channelled the money to develop niger delta.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by emilyone(f): 5:44am On Oct 04, 2015
I wonder how Stella odua got into the Senate despite all the atrocities she has committed when she was a
Minister.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by idu1(m): 5:53am On Oct 04, 2015
O boy this woman fit join ibori for prison o...

10 Likes

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by kennybabs1980: 5:55am On Oct 04, 2015
Alison Madueke's lawyers will buy her an order of perpetual injunction restraining her from prosecution should she be tried in any Nigerian court, but this style of using foreign courts will do the job, Buhari - Bringing criminals to justice since 1984, Sai Baba!

57 Likes

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by arbitter: 5:56am On Oct 04, 2015
If and when that happens i expect our resident halfwits to rewrite their 'Dont Give Buhari Credit epistles'. Its honestly just too laughable.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by onismate: 6:00am On Oct 04, 2015
Mention the three ministers name that will be arrested and I will believe. The story is from thenation newspaper owned by Tinubu. Tinubu's dubious oil deal with conophilips no body is saying anything about it, no one is being arrested even when Tom ikimi said it but APC agents and oil thieves are walking freely on the road.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by omenka(m): 6:11am On Oct 04, 2015
Although Alison-Madueke and the four other suspects arrested along with her were granted bail same day, tension has already gripped the Jonathan camp following what sources described as threat by the once powerful ex-minister to open up on certain deals which she was directed to execute.
When I opined on the other thread that a fortified wall of security personnel be built around the woman to preempt any possible "incident", people laughed at me saying I watch too much movies and read too many Hardly Chase novellas. You guys don't have a clue as the reach of this woman's deals- hell, if she sneezes tomorrow, I can't imagine the number of powerful Nigerians that would catch cold.

So as far as they are concerned, she poses a lot of threat to them, and she's dispensible so why wouldn't they rather do away with her before she rats them out??

This drama is gonna be a very long and interesting one regardless.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by kennybabs1980: 6:14am On Oct 04, 2015
emilyone:
I wonder how Stella odua got into the Senate despite all the atrocities she has committed when she was a
Minister.
its very simple, she got a cash and carry judge, (they are numerous in Nigeria especially Yeebos), who sold an order of perpetual injunction restraining any antigraft agency from investigating, arresting or prosecuting her anywhere in Nigeria, and remember that GEJ was lubricating her oversized pussy, so she had protection directly from the C-I-C, but her cup is now filled and running over and with the new sheriff in town, let her just travel to London and her own don finish be that, innocent looking thief!

13 Likes

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 04, 2015
eyesofgod:
I cant understand the disquiet from the camps of the Wailes, Biafra, PDP, our oyel group and most of all Pa Chukwudi. If the Deziani's saga were to be playing out in Nigeria, Chukwudi would have been convulsing, our oyel group, wailer and PDP would've descended into witch-hunting frenzy while the biafrans would've been killing themselves for who barks loudest.

Olodo stop spamming my mentions,i was not a minister under GEJ.Diezani's case would come up in the UK court so chill and wait for the trial to commence.

1 Like

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by tjesssie: 6:22am On Oct 04, 2015
I think i'm tired of all this money theft gists oredy. PUT SOMEBODY INTO LIFE INPRISONMENT OR DEATH BY HANGING,then i'll be sure its all not jes smelling gists...

4 Likes

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by kennybabs1980: 6:25am On Oct 04, 2015
chukwudi44:

Olodo stop spamming my mentions,i was not a minister under GEJ.Diezani's case would come up in the UK court so chill and wait for the trial to commence.
Pa Chukwudi, a well known defender and advocate of criminals and criminality, have you woken up this morning? good morning o!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 04, 2015
kennybabs1980:
Pa Chukwudi, a well known defender and advote of criminals and criminality, have you woken up this morning? good morning o!

I am a well known advocate of the rule of law and an independent NASS(not one controlled from bourdillin or aso rock) if oppostion to dictatorship and godfatherism to you is corruption,then i am proudly corrupt.

I trust the british legal system.If Diezani is found guilty then so be it.If she is acquitted then goodluck to her.

7 Likes

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by Miranda11: 6:34am On Oct 04, 2015
I still dey shout ooh, make dis probe no be selective ooh, no be only Dieziani chop Naija oil money, make dem probe from Buhari's tym as petroleum commissioner till date. Make everyone dead or living wey der hand dirty with oil money go thru probe. No be only southerners suppose dey on trial, afterall d oil industry don spoil since d 70's eh no start with Dieziani. How Buhari go probe GEJ Govt and eh no go probe OBJ, IBB, ABUBAKAR, Abacha dem.

My peeps make we think dis thing well well oh. North no go chop and we smile and when south chop na prison. No ethnicity dey above d law ooh na dis kind thing dey bring problem for country.

7 Likes

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by WHOcarex: 6:37am On Oct 04, 2015
Sharp sharp. No time
Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by alaoeri: 6:40am On Oct 04, 2015
onismate:
Mention the three ministers name that will be arrested and I will believe. The story is from thenation newspaper owned by Tinubu. Tinubu's dubious oil deal with conophilips no body is saying anything about it, no one is being arrested even when Tom ikimi said it but APC agents and oil thieves are walking freely on the road.
The name TINUBU sends jitters down the spine of you ppl that's why you can't do without mentioning his name, GEJ ruled for over 5years yet he can't established a genuine case against him other than to pardoned criminals like Alamaisegha etc. Tom Ikimi should have produced evidence of Tinubu's shady deals with conophilips instead of resulting to cheap blackmail.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering by huptin(m): 6:44am On Oct 04, 2015
atbu1983:
Assuming she used the money to develop Bayelsa state where she is from, nobody will arrest. she will only have been accused of Tribalism.

The problem i have with Nigeria corrupt politicians, is dat they dont care about development of thier people.

As a niger deltan, i agree the oil money belong to us but not to individual niger deltan. If you really love ur people u should channelled the money to develop niger delta.

A thousand gbosas for you......

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akpabio’s Loyalists In Akwa Ibom Reject Him And His Move To The APC / Afenifere To Tinubu: You Can Give Your House As Cattle Colony, Not Yorubaland / War Song: PDP Asks ICC To Place Rotimi Ameachi On Watch List.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.