Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,395 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed (1290 Views)

Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan / Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed / Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by Paulpaulpaul(m): 1:17am On Oct 04, 2015
I read through the post of Tonyebarcanista - "Diezani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed" and it saddened my heart that those that should see life from the egalitarian angle are the ones whose vision is blurred by partisan politics. This counter thread is as a result of a clear-visioned nigerian with the moniker: 'StOla'. His comment echoed still. The vocal question is, Why did Jonathan and PDP allowed Diezani to rob Nigeria dry?

BUHARI SHOULD BE PRAISE/HAILED BECAUSE HE SOUGHT FOR HELP TO FIGHT THOSE THAT SEEMED ABOVE THE LAW

However, if Tonyebarcanista can't list and comment on corruption cases in Jonathan administration, it's high time we stopped taking him so serious. For the record, these are cases that were swept under carpet in Nigeria's desert experience under the leadership of President Jonathan(disclaimersmiley : this doesn't undermine what good things Jonathan did to this nation at least he conceded defeat quickly to save face)

1. N195 Billion Maina Pension Scam

2. Kerosene Subsidy Scam

3. $6bn Fuel Subsidy Scam - Farouqgate.

4. 123bn Naira Fraud – Stephen Oronsaye

5. Police Pension Fund Fraud

6. Stella Oduah car purchase scandal (255m bulletproof car)

7. NNPC missing $20billion naira

8. $15 million in Private Jet Arms Scandal (Oritsajafo and arm deal)

9. Crude Oil Theft Scandal

10. Ekiti Gate

11. Mohammed Abacha N446 Billion case

12. N7Billion Bribe to Christian Religious Leaders - The gate of hell will be declared opened if....

Source: www.naij.com/402850-top-12-corruption-cases.html

Now back to the main issue, should any nigerian irrespective of his or her religion, ethnic group, sex or social standing be supporting those that looted and stole our commonwealth? The answer should be NO if we are well meaning nigerians.

Jonathan should have witch-hunted some people instead of being ironical - Stealing is not corruption, then what is corruption? Jonathan might had good intention but good intention without good attention leads to nothing but frustration. There is a gulf between intention and reality, the reality of PDP cum Jonathan-led administration is nothing but nightmare to this nation.

Lalasticala should stop moving Tonyebarcanista's post to the front page because it belittles nigerian youths. This is a forum and anything here has gone global. I must say I adore his composite and analytical prowess but he should please put Nigeria first.

To satisfy my curiosity, I want the following questions be answered:

Should this rate of unemployment be sustained?
Should infratrutural development be in squalor?
Should the health sector remain in shambles?
Should our education that is equal to non remain?
Should we be going backward?

The most wicked thing ever done is not wickedness of an evil man but the silence of the saints.

God bless Nigeria.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by mormoni(m): 1:18am On Oct 04, 2015
..,,!!??__--++@@::;;''""/*#
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by DaBullIT(m): 1:50am On Oct 04, 2015
Good point

1 Like

Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by daomi(m): 2:31am On Oct 04, 2015
Ff
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by daomi(m): 2:31am On Oct 04, 2015
Brb
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by Realdeals(m): 6:12am On Oct 04, 2015
Okay
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by Ofunaofu: 6:24am On Oct 04, 2015
op thank you for putting the record straight
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by LadyExcellency: 6:28am On Oct 04, 2015
the op should stop repeating this mantra that stealing is corruption when in actual sense, it's completely untrue.

Even on Nairaland board, nobody can be banned for calling or referring to any member as "corrupt" notwithstanding how many times you report to the Moderators or to Seun but try calling someone a thief without empirical evidence and see yourself in jail without mercy by the Moderators.

Goodluck Jonathan was absolutely correct, in our world, Stealing as we know it, is an abomination and deserves stricter punishment than lumping it with generic term called corruption for which 99.9% of Nigerians including Mr President is corrupt to a certain degree.
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 04, 2015
Bu Fashola's N78 million website was not regarded as corruption hence he was rewarded with a ministerial nomination!! Sylva and Audu were also rewarded with APC governorship tickets yet some fools want Saraki to resign smh!!
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by WHOcarex: 6:44am On Oct 04, 2015
Brain. Op get am
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by henchamb(m): 7:07am On Oct 04, 2015
Who takes tonye the protection seeker serious.
All these counter threads glorifies his lies
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by Sibrah: 7:29am On Oct 04, 2015
Buhari govt has had substantial input in the on going wave of anti corruption crusade against percieved corrupt officials & ex officials.
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by Paulpaulpaul(m): 8:02am On Oct 04, 2015
Sibrah:
Buhari govt has had substantial input in the on going wave of anti corruption crusade against percieved corrupt officials & ex officials.

My point exactly
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by Paulpaulpaul(m): 8:04am On Oct 04, 2015
chukwudi44:
Bu Fashola's N78 million website was not regarded as corruption hence he was rewarded with a ministerial nomination!! Sylva and Audu were also rewarded with APC governorship tickets yet some fools want Saraki to resign smh!!

Why not wait and see? Saraki shouldn't resign he should wait and be booted out of office.

2 Likes

Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by goodlifehyd(m): 8:08am On Oct 04, 2015
grin
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by Paulpaulpaul(m): 12:04pm On Oct 04, 2015
LadyExcellency:
the op should stop repeating this mantra that stealing is corruption when in actual sense, it's completely untrue.

Even on Nairaland board, nobody can be banned for calling or referring to any member as "corrupt" notwithstanding how many times you report to the Moderators or to Seun but try calling someone a thief without empirical evidence and see yourself in jail without mercy by the Moderators.

Goodluck Jonathan was absolutely correct, in our world, Stealing as we know it, is an abomination and deserves stricter punishment than lumping it with generic term called corruption for which 99.9% of Nigerians including Mr President is corrupt to a certain degree.

Must we engage in grammatical embroidery? A corrupt individual is a thief, a liar, a truce breaker, a cheat and call it all names. Do you know that these people may not necessarily deep their hands into the national treasury to steal? Collecting bribe is not stealing but it is a corrupt practice.

So, corruption is the blanket word for what we have here. Let's get it right.

1 Like

Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by LadyExcellency: 7:35am On Oct 05, 2015
Paulpaulpaul:

Must we engage in grammatical embroidery? A corrupt individual is a thief, a liar, a truce breaker, a cheat and call it all names. Do you know that these people may not necessarily deep their hands into the national treasury to steal? Collecting bribe is not stealing but it is a corrupt practice.

That means you are a thief by commission.

Tell me the truth have you been involved in any form of shortcut in school exams by asking your colleague a question even during test? What of your tax forms, are you 100% perfect in asserts/income declaration?

I put it to you that you are not only corrupt but a thief at one time or the other hence remove the veal and know your status.
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by Paulpaulpaul(m): 7:40am On Oct 05, 2015
LadyExcellency:

That means you are a thief by commission.

Tell me the truth have you been involved in any form of shortcut in school exams by asking your colleague a question even during test? What of your tax forms, are you 100% perfect in asserts/income declaration?

I put it to you that you are not only corrupt but a thief at one time or the other hence remove the veal and know your status.

The same thing is applicable to you. Either by omission or commission, human must err because we aren't perfect and can never be. But then, it shouldn't be to the detriment of a large number of people.
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 05, 2015
Yes oo! Let the clueless one know wherever he is
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by LadyExcellency: 8:07am On Oct 05, 2015
Paulpaulpaul:

The same thing is applicable to you. Either by omission or commission, human must err because we aren't perfect and can never be. But then, it shouldn't be to the detriment of a large number of people.

God bless you.

Do you know that mismanagement of funds (misappropriation of funds) is not same as looting or corruption?

Do you know that administrative lapses on the part of a leader can earn him an indictment and not a prosecution?

A layman sees all as corruption and calls for hanging or any other capital punishment.

For me, intentions and attitudes to commit crime will always be the bases of my judgment.

In my part of the world, not all sins are abomination though some deserve severe punishment and others, reprimands but abomination deserves not only punishment but also to be ostracized
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:18am On Oct 05, 2015
Paulpaulpaul:

what then is CRIME?
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by stanech: 8:34am On Oct 05, 2015
Apc and buhari s the worst thing to happen to nigeria. So you guys are saying stealing is now corruption but still want to make amaechi minister and make audu and sylvia governors.

The efcc chairman you appointed to fight corruption has also been alleged to be a thief and has refused to appear before the senate

The Hypocrisy of apc is alarming.

I bet if deziani decamps to apc today they will sweep her persecution under the carpet.

Nigerians Behold your change
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by Phame: 8:55am On Oct 05, 2015
You guys pay too much attention to that leprous wailer and a protection-seeker.
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by wirinet(m): 9:26am On Oct 05, 2015
LadyExcellency:

What exactly are you trying to say? You are just trying to excuse the obvious gaffe by Jonathan, instead of you guys to simply say Jonathan made a mistake and misunderstood the statements of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, you are here talking rubbish.

Jonathan was not talking about stealing in isolation, and in fact had never referred to general stealing, he had always made reference to stealing as regards stealing of public funds. He had always down played official stealing which he regards as not a serious an offence (remember, how much did Jim Nwobodo stole...).

what Jonathan said was ORDINARY stealing and the call it corruption. Now does that statement look like Jonathan sees official stealing as a serious offense?
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by wirinet(m): 9:45am On Oct 05, 2015
stanech:
Apc and buhari s the worst thing to happen to nigeria. So you guys are saying stealing is now corruption but still want to make amaechi minister and make audu and sylvia governors.

The efcc chairman you appointed to fight corruption has also been alleged to be a thief and has refused to appear before the senate

The Hypocrisy of apc is alarming.

I bet if deziani decamps to apc today they will sweep her persecution under the carpet.

Nigerians Behold your change

I cannot excuse sylvia and Audu, but i am not aware of any charges against Amaechi in any court of Law. Is Amaechi declared guilty because PDP and Wike allege so?

If PDP was so sure Audu and Sylvia were guilty, why were they not conclusively prosecuted all these years of PDP rule? If they had witch hunted them and jailed them, we would have one less witch to deal with and not attempting to come back to witch rule us.
Re: Stealing Is Now Corruption: Why Buhari Should Be Hailed by stanech: 9:59am On Oct 05, 2015
wirinet:

I cannot excuse sylvia and Audu, but i am not aware of any charges against Amaechi in any court of Law. Is Amaechi declared guilty because PDP and Wike allege so?

If PDP was so sure Audu and Sylvia were guilty, why were they not conclusively prosecuted all these years of PDP rule? If they had witch hunted them and jailed them, we would have one less witch to deal with and not attempting to come back to witch rule us.

So you are now turning arround to blame PDP chai? God go help una..

Is this the change?

This is the hypocrisy I am talking about. You guys can defend a thief just the way you repackaged buhasri and present him as a saint to all nigerians. Rivers state has made enough evidence against amaechi available to efcc why are they not prosecuting him?
Wike has invited him to come explain himself why is he not coming? Did you watch his documentary on AIT?
Amaechi once said 'we steal because u don't stone us' who's we?
Have you seen his monorail project that engulfed billions?
Even a blind man knows amaechi is a thief.

(1) (Reply)

Dear Biafrans, Pls Do Not Disappoint Mazi Nnamdi Kanu / PDP Cautions Buhari, APC About Biafra Movement: Use Of Security Forces Is Not A / Former President, Jonathan Make List Of 500 Most Powerful People On The Planet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.