Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper (30863 Views)

How Senate Rules Were ‘amended’ For Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Elections – Clerk / Senate: PDP May Field Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Replacement / APC Considers Akume, Remi Tinubu As Saraki’s Replacement - NationalMirror (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by HungerBAD: 3:33am On Oct 04, 2015
■ North-central to retain Senate presidency
■ The likely candidates
■ Saraki dismisses plot

The All Progressives Congress (APC) leadership has begun discreet consulta­tions and consideration of some Sena­tors to replace Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki.

Plans have reached an advanced stage to re­place Saraki, against the backdrop of his arraign­ment on a 13-count perjury charge at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT).

Sunday Sun gathered that some Senators met with some APC top shots in Asokoro District of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) last Wednes­day to consider the options.

Present at the meeting were all members of the Senate Unity Forum (SUF) opposed to Saraki. According to sources, Senator Barnabas Gemade, chairman of the Adhoc Committee on Works chaired the meeting, which started at 3:00pm. It was gathered that the meeting agreed that the Senate Presidency should be retained in the North-central.

A ranking member of the SUF disclosed how “it was agreed that the APC should produce the Senate President and the deputy Senate President and the need for all members of the party to close ranks in the chamber.

“We also agreed that the position should re­main in the North-central because we still have ranking Senators from the zone…We will, abide strictly with the Senate rules in the choice of new leaders.” Ranking APC senators from the North-central zone include Chief Barnabas Ge­made, Chief George Akume, Senator Abdullahi Adamu, Shaaba Lafiaji and Mohammed Ohiari. The new scenario means Senator Ahmad Lawan has been ruled out of the Senate Presidency race. He is from Yobe State in the North-east.

Several factors were stacked against him. The election of Speaker Yakubu Dogara, a Christian from Bauchi State, in the North-east and the ap­pointment of Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Babachir David Lawal were two major factors which knocked him out of the race. Lawal, hails from Hong Local Government Area, Adamawa State.

With the APC still smarting from the elec­tion of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) senator, Ike Ekweremadu as deputy Sen­ate president, the party is looking towards the South-west to replace him in the proposed new leadership. Another source privy to last Wednes­day’s meeting said the SUF was mandated to “reach out to their colleagues in the chamber be­cause, with the relative advantage in numbers in the chamber, the APC is still fragmented…That is not good for the image of a party that is the ma­jority in the National Assembly and the Execu­tive arm of government.

“We view the election of a Peoples Demo­cratic Party (PDP) deputy in an APC-dominated Senate as a mis-match…that will be corrected,” he said. The source was, however silent on La­wan’s fate. The senate president has, however, denied the plot, describing it as “hogwash” and the figment of the imagination of those behind it.

Special Adviser to the Senate President on Media and Publicity, Alhaji Yusuph Olaniyonu, who spoke to Sunday Sun regretted that the press had been gripped by the orgy of recycling stories. “How can the press report on Tuesday that the Senate president enjoys the overwhelming sup­port of members, only to turn around the next day to say there is a fresh plot to remove him. Let me say that the fresh plot remains only a wish and will never materialize.”

Olaniyonu said that those who were not happy with the rousing confidence vote Saraki secured last Tuesday were doing everything to stir up ten­sion and create discontent where there was none. He said the nation was getting wary of “incessant fresh plots” that had never seen the light of the day. The Senate president’s spokeman said that the senators had resolved to put behind the past and begin to work in the national interest.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/apc-shops-for-sarakis-replacement/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by fromnigeria(m): 3:34am On Oct 04, 2015
Replaced or Not.

Just make Nigeria a better place than Malysia and Libya etc

*Modified*
If i be FTC only on weekends it means something.
#GodBlessMyEndeavor

To those who lost their lives to BokoHaram, RIP,
There won't be BokoHaram in your next world or country.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by Aromas: 3:53am On Oct 04, 2015
gringringringrin I think I was told that all the Alfa's in Ilorin were given huge amount of money to share within themselves to pray for Saraki, but the misery out it is that he was later stoned at Eid Praying ground. This man done spoil hin Papa reputation politically.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by ionsman: 4:00am On Oct 04, 2015
Nothing will happen to Saraki....

According to Pa abobaku chukwudi.... grin

25 Likes

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by Kaydem(m): 4:02am On Oct 04, 2015
Lol. Bad news for all the Pa Chukwudi led Abobaku's.

18 Likes

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by Firefire(m): 4:05am On Oct 04, 2015
Interesting... let him return all the loots, no story.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by eyesofgod: 4:30am On Oct 04, 2015
Na wa

Too many vultures cycling over the head of Saraki. When he eventually falls there wont be enough to go round.

5 Likes

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by HungerBAD: 4:36am On Oct 04, 2015
Firefire:

Firefire last last you don see the Light?i know say you too smart to dey wail.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by olatade(m): 4:48am On Oct 04, 2015
Just impeach him already abeg!!!no time to check time angry

7 Likes

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by oluwafemi113(m): 4:50am On Oct 04, 2015
Saraki must go

Saraki must go! He is one of the enemies of the masses and a puppet to the cabals.: Infact all APC youth in any location should recall back any erring senators in thier respective constituencies.
We sent them to the Senate for the interests of the electorates. Not to go to Abuja to start working for the interests of the cabals.

Saraki must go

12 Likes

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by BALLOSKI: 5:14am On Oct 04, 2015
Good!

If true, that will be too sumptuous a news.

Vote of confidence won't help him in court.
Like my people say, "fanta can't cure piles".

Gamade for SP.

4 Likes

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by 2kris(m): 5:18am On Oct 04, 2015
Counting ur eggs before the are hatched is what comes to mind.the kind electric wey go shock apc ko na press him still dey do

6 Likes

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by RockMaxi: 5:19am On Oct 04, 2015

Saraki might just be the time bomb for APC, he is too stuborn to go down disgraced. wink

17 Likes

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by ADULTBASE(m): 5:23am On Oct 04, 2015
angry angry HIT LIKE IF YOU KNOW CHELSEA CAN STILL WIN THE EPL AND MAN.U WILL RELEGATE!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by lurther: 5:24am On Oct 04, 2015
Mtscchhhweeeew. This was how they speculated after saraki went to the CCT and the senate resumed from their recession. After all the speculations of Saraki going down, they were all shocked to see 83 senators endorse Saraki, with just 23 from the southwest left.

They have started again.... I see 100 senators endorsing Saraki in the next seating after the much awaited trial.

Meanwhile... why APC use the media to attack Saraki... Saraki is playing the behind the scene politics.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by Volksfuhrer(m): 5:26am On Oct 04, 2015
Saraki, your time has come to do the needful: RESIGN.

2 Likes

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by kennybabs1980: 5:52am On Oct 04, 2015
Pope
Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by onismate: 6:03am On Oct 04, 2015
Firefire:
This series should be titled "GAME OF THRONES AND POWER: NASS. THE RETURN OF THE SP.
Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by Nelkoko: 6:26am On Oct 04, 2015
Hope say na wheelbarow dem cari go d shopping?

2 Likes

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 04, 2015
ionsman:
Nothing will happen to Saraki....

According to Pa abobaku chukwudi.... grin

Lolz so for your mind the 23 senators in the unity forumn can impeach Saraki and elect a new senate president? How stupid can one really get? Can you spot empty propaganda when you see one?

9 Likes

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 04, 2015
Firefire:

Bros Saraki is not accused of looting!! If you want someone to return loot then try Fashola

14 Likes

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by omenka(m): 6:41am On Oct 04, 2015
WhatEver it is, they shouldn't tinker with Akume. Although he knows me on a personal basis, more or less an uncle, but his candidacy is a no no for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by modath(f): 6:45am On Oct 04, 2015
Firefire:

Alllllll shocked , you are wicked o you want to kill him?

Where do you want him to find it? cheesy Burj Al Arab presidential suites & manipulating SP seat cost a lot of money my bro...

50% sef is something... But if it's true he has only been amassing the loot to launch a presidential bid then 75% is feasible..

2 Likes

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by modath(f): 6:48am On Oct 04, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bros Saraki is not accused of looting!! If you want someone to return loot then try Fashola

Your radar accuracy for Saraki story is like an airport's security K9 unit... shocked

Be sniffing person fried snail & kilishi from yards & yards away... grin

3 Likes

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by kennyman2000(m): 6:54am On Oct 04, 2015
Not surprised
Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by IamPatriotic(m): 6:59am On Oct 04, 2015
My point has always been without any prejudice to the igbos, why a PDP DSP in an APC control government? it is not abnormal and it should not be accepted and Saraki has to pay for the abnormalities.
Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by dridowu: 7:01am On Oct 04, 2015
All i want is good governance to the entire Nigeria saraki or no saraki

2 Likes

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 04, 2015
IamPatriotic:
My point has always been without any prejudice to the igbos, why a PDP DSP in an APC control government? it is not abnormal and it should not be accepted and Saraki has to pay for the abnormalities.
Go ahead and remove him and quit making noise on Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 04, 2015
modath:

Your radar accuracy for Saraki story is like an airport's security K9 unit... shocked

Be sniffing person fried snail & kilishi from yards & yards away... grin
Oloribruku ode why don't you try and fault my statement!! I am yet to read any comments from you zombies criticising the nomination of Fashola as minister after stealing over N200million on websites and boreholes

2 Likes

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 04, 2015
omenka:
WhatEver it is, they shouldn't tinker with Akume. Although he knows me on a personal basis, more or less an uncle, but his candidacy is a no no for me.

Lolz as if APC even have the numbers to decide the Senate presidency even if Saraki drops dead today grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by modath(f): 7:15am On Oct 04, 2015
chukwudi44:

Oloribruku ode why don't you try and fault my statement!! I am yet to read any comments from you zombies criticising the nomination of Fashola as minister after stealing over N200million on websites and boreholes

You this sad excuse of a man deep into his 40s, was cracking a Joke not knowing your abobaku contract has taken over your sense of reasoning alongside that of humour..

The day Saraki parts with that seat, you should drown your sorrows with a cyanide laced alomo, ni iwo agbaya alainironu, atokumaku, amono orun malo,alatenuje,asiere yi... Gbogbo ibi ti aye koju si,eyin lo ko si..

Come back at ME, ya hear.. Ko ni da fun e!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 04, 2015
modath:

You this sad excuse of man deep into his 40s, was cracking a Joke not knowing your abobaku contract has taken over your sense of reasoning alongside that of humour..

The day Saraki parts with that seat, you should drown your sorrows with a cyanide laced alomo, ni iwo agbaya alainironu, atokumaku, amono orun malo alatenije asiere yi... Gbogbo ibi ti aye koju si eyin lo ko si..

Come back at ME, ya hear.. Ko ni da fun e!!
The day Saraki parts I would drown with sorrows like you said but you have to endure your own sorrows until then

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari / Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document / Speaker:femi Gbajabiamila Tours South East With 103 Elected New Lawmakers(photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.