Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? (2237 Views)

Sahara Reporters Leak Email Of How Ruben Abati Plotted To Rubbish SR / Saraki’s Loyalists To Rubbish Buhari’s Ministerial List As Rivals Plot His Remov / APC Plans To Rubbish Saraki/ekweremadu — PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by ilaugh1: 2:20pm On Apr 21, 2009
something is not right here - why is it that the Nigerians who live outside Nigeria contribute and comment with so much venon in them whereas the contributions of Nigerians living in Nigeria are always subtle- the Nigerians in Nigeria always see things good about their country, they are more hopeful but the ones lost in the diaspora, speak with lost hope, their thinking is so rubbish and sickly that you often wonder if they ever see good food to eat - do they love Naija more than the people living in it or what is the matter? The frustration?

They are the ones who compare Nigeria with everywhere they have been, they are the ones who comes out first to rubbish anything planned, they are the ones who only see corruption, they are the ones who see failed facilities, they are the ones who knows when government policies will fail or work - they are the all knowing goons scattered and battered with frustrated life all over the globe.

They are the ones who curse the country, they are the ones who knows what is good, what is their problem, can they just shut up and let nigeria be?
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by yousouph(m): 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2009
Every Nigerian living abroad whether in Ghana or UK loved Naija the way everybody living in the nooks & crannies of the country does. The criticism is basically on what each person sees in his/her place of abode. If you are there, same critique will come out of your mouth, pen or whatever obtainable. Naija is our home
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by hoeyeadoe: 2:56pm On Apr 21, 2009
As your name implies, I laugh. I do not know where you got your statistics from but i've concluded your post is a matter of opinion and quick observation.

What makes a person decide in 1983 after 10 years of living in Nigeria that Nigerians are indeed happy people, smiling while suffering.

It is because, he has seen two different societies, weighed their potential and concluded that one could be better off if only such knew what to do.

On the one hand, it's perhaps the anguish that makes the diaspora talk very bitterly about Nigeria. They are in a new environment- an environment that creates an opportunity for individuals to maximize their potential but obviously sees non- indigens as second class citizens. A society that has with little resources and much effort made a respectable name for itself in the game of living.  Why cant Nigeria be like this, why do I have to work my ass out here and still sponsor the queen and her family to throw royal parties ere n dere, Why cant things just work out right in my belovd country, Why, WHy n Why,

Their displeasure is the question of why and why not and we all get that depending on how thoughful we are.

On the other hand, Nigerians in Nigeria are perhaps very hopeful cos they are locked in the system. E go beta has becum our watchword, we are so hopeful and expectant like we have an option. Do you ghet? It's only natural,  parliamentary system to military rule then rigged democratic election followed by a successful transmission from one democracy to another without military intervention ( however badly rigged it was). Then, the ultimate amazement, judges are displayin their competence overuling elections abbl, tht's perhaps a step in the right direction for most people.
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by ElRazur: 2:59pm On Apr 21, 2009
i_laugh:

something is not right here -  why is it that the Nigerians who live outside Nigeria contribute and comment with so much venon in them whereas the contributions of Nigerians living in Nigeria are always subtle- the Nigerians in Nigeria always see things good about their country, they are more hopeful  but the ones lost in the diaspora, speak with lost hope, their thinking is so rubbish and sickly that you often wonder if they ever see good food to eat - do they love Naija more than the people living in it or what is the matter? The frustration?

You seem to forget that your perception do not equate to facts. Perhaps you should therefore stop presenting them as facts. As most will tell you, we love Nigeria in our own ways. Living in NIgeria or outside Nigeria do not make a difference to how patriotic we are to the nation.

i_laugh:

They are the ones who compare Nigeria with everywhere they have been, they are the ones who comes out first to rubbish anything planned, they are the ones who only see corruption, they are the ones who see failed facilities, they are the ones who knows when government policies will fail or work - they are the all knowing goons scattered and battered with frustrated life all over the globe.

They are the ones who curse the country, they are the ones who knows what is good, what is their problem, can they just shut up and let nigeria be?

You see from my brief encounter with you, you seem to have a problem with anyone constructively criticizing nigeria. Why is that?

The problem with Nigeria is that we have had over 40years to get things right and time and time again, we have showed that we really do not care about the good of the naiton, but our selfish need born out of greed and ingrained corruption.

If people have been abroad, it hurts them to see that we cannot even provide basic things needed in this day and age. Surely, it is only human nature to ask questions as to why we cannot achieve such things in our very own country.

Once again you displayed a big irony in your post. You do not want people to criticize nigeria constructively - this is your 2nd thread from yesterday saying something alone similar lines. This is precisely one of the problems we face and one of the factors that have hindered our development.

Do you expect us to not say anything on a public forum for god sake? If you know what a forum means, then you wont be quick to try and shut people up. It is a typical naija mentality and it sucks to be honest.
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by ilaugh1: 3:11pm On Apr 21, 2009
El Rufai

You have mixed gaari with hot water and mistakenly called it amala and you hgave swallowed it with grass soup thinking it was vegetable soup, you have then gone to the toilet to poo poo but in the process you have made the mistake of poopooing inside your bath instead of inside the toilet bowl and while wiping the poo from your butt hole, you have mistakenly used sand paper instead of toilet tissue, and when you realised, you wanted to wipe your butt with water and instead of using the cold water tap switch you mistakenly used the hot water instead, now the hot water burnt your butt hole so much that while you got to the clinic, the man said you need an herbalist in Nigeria to cure the burns and you told him, Nigeria ke, over my dead body will i go there, meanwhile your butt hole rots and smells each time you want to poo - the lesson of this is that, never write off Naija my lovely country.
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by ilaugh1: 3:36pm On Apr 21, 2009
ElRufai

You come to me as a child who bread had just been taken away from him and is crying on his way to school. You are just simply a nomenclated azure and a teetotaler with a pot belly and frugal hombolus.
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by ElRazur: 4:28pm On Apr 21, 2009
What a fool.
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by blacksta(m): 4:56pm On Apr 21, 2009
ElRazur:

Can you not see how ignorant you are? You really are a foolish person with such response. Do you know the etiquette of debating on a forum? I lost all respect for someone like you as you carry on making a fool of yourself and being an slowpoke.

You claimed to have lived in the UK, are you really sure about this? Your mentality will suggest you probably hang with "awon omo oni le" somewhere in Ojuwoye market.

I dont see how your logic or post even adds up. You asked for a response, you got one and now you revert to talking .b.ul.l.Poo.

Who is more ignorant? You or RichyBlack?

I dont know if you think you make a case with your post, but a lot of people here see you for what you are. An idiotic person. I mean, what kind of response is your post? Only a fool will make one like that.

What more do you have? What more can you do apart from talking shhiiiitt and showing the forum how idiotic you are? Go on surprise me.

ELRazur

You will soon learn not to waste your time with this guy.  His Brain is very far from his Ideology
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by hoeyeadoe: 4:58pm On Apr 21, 2009
lmbaooooo, what d heck r yu guys on abt, plz get a grip.
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by labiyemmy(m): 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2009
i_laugh:

El Rufai

You have mixed gaari with hot water and mistakenly called it amala and you hgave swallowed it with grass soup thinking it was vegetable soup, you have then gone to the toilet to poo poo but in the process you have made the mistake of poopooing inside your bath instead of inside the toilet bowl and while wiping the poo from your butt hole, you have mistakenly used sand paper instead of toilet tissue, and when you realised, you wanted to wipe your butt with water and instead of using the cold water tap switch you mistakenly used the hot water instead, now the hot water burnt your butt hole so much that while you got to the clinic, the man said you need an herbalist in Nigeria to cure the burns and you told him, Nigeria ke, over my dead body will i go there, meanwhile your butt hole rots and smells each time you want to poo - the lesson of this is that, never write off Naija my lovely country.

I_laugh

What is that, take it easy on the man.
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by sosisi(f): 5:34pm On Apr 21, 2009
One needs to be out of that soured agidi called Nigeria to really appreciate the magnitude of the filth therein
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by lucabrasi(m): 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2009
@post
no they dont,an overwhelming majority just want to rubbish the country more hence the reason they never see anything good in the country and even if they do acknowledge it,they do so with cautious cynisycm, for you to know the nigerian diasporians in this category
1.they have been away for upwards of ten years or more

2.didnt have a middle to high standard of living hence the fixation of nigeria still being as they left it in their sub-conscious

3.they rarely call friends and family at home,neither do they even pick up international calls due to their imbibed western culture that" im working hard for my money and not nder any obligation to shell out to any family or friend"this had had an effect of them being totally disconnected

3.they rely on nigerian social networks,pointblank,sahara e.t.c for news and happenstances on nigeria hence they never get involved in issues that isnt reported on these mediums cause they honestly have no idea.

4.they have been away for too long,and hearing how expensive properties are,basic standard of livng e.t.c ar in nigeria,they ll criticise in a strangely mistaken believe that nigerians in nigeria will fight for the liberation of that country,things will be ok and nigeria will become this egalitarian dream of theirs then they can move back home

more to come,
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by asha80(m): 6:17pm On Apr 21, 2009
Yes and No
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by yeswecan(m): 6:38pm On Apr 21, 2009
I disagree with the poster. We all love Naija there is no place like home
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by sucessful1: 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2009
@POSTER

u who claim 2 luv 9ja,how do u prove ur luv 4 9ja,wat hve u done 4 her,2 make her better. undecided cry tongue
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by OneNaija(m): 8:27pm On Apr 21, 2009
@: i_laugh I truly Support you very much.don't mind them. They think they are on top of the World when travelling outside the Country.Anyway some of them Are Useless and Arrogant that why some of them Involved in Crime, 419 in Oversea and Given Nigerians Bad name. Stupid Ppl
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by LadyT(f): 8:32pm On Apr 21, 2009
OneNaija:

@: i_laugh I truly Support you very much.don't mind them. They think they are on top of the World when travelling outside the Country.Anyway some of them Are Useless and Arrogant that why some of them Involved in Crime, 419 in Oversea and Given Nigerians Bad name. Stupid Ppl

Im glad you said some or what I would have verbally done to you.

Please many of you in Nigeria are so greedy and selfish. Many dont want to work before they chop. Rich are getting richer poor are getting poorer. Why wont we talk when we can see what is happening to our people.
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 21, 2009
Here we go. The same old cries of neglect from I laugh. Do bore me more.
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by ElRazur: 8:51pm On Apr 21, 2009
OneNaija:

Huh? Please drop names with convincing proofs, then people will take you serious.
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by sbo(m): 9:10pm On Apr 21, 2009
lucabrasi:

@post
no they dont,an overwhelming majority just want to rubbish the country more hence the reason they never see anything good in the country and even if they do acknowledge it,they do so with cautious cynisycm, for you to know the nigerian diasporians in this category

2.didnt have a middle to high standard of living hence the fixation of nigeria still being as they left it in their sub-conscious

3.they rarely call friends and family at home,neither do they even pick up international calls due to their imbibed western culture that" im working hard for my money and not nder any obligation to shell out to any family or friend"this had had an effect of them being totally disconnected

3.they rely on nigerian social networks,pointblank,sahara e.t.c for news and happenstances on nigeria hence they never get involved in issues that isnt reported on these mediums cause they honestly have no idea.

4.they have been away for too long,and hearing how expensive properties are,basic standard of livng e.t.c ar in nigeria,they ll criticise in a strangely mistaken believe that nigerians in nigeria will fight for the liberation of that country,things will be ok and nigeria will become this egalitarian dream of theirs then they can move back home

more to come,

While some of the points you noted might be true, I will be quick to point out to you that the fact that someone has lived all his life in Naija does not make him better informed than a diasporean (even though I hate the word!) and vice-versa. Unfortunately, the situation in Nigeria is so bad that, every govt project/plan is now treated with some form of cynicism. This is because we have never had a honest leadership, most projects are embarked on based on selfish interest and without an iota of transparency.

I can assure that if every Nigerian is given an opportunity to travel overseas just for one day and return there will be major revolution. They don't even need to visit Europe, a country is Malaysia is good enough.

How can someone in Nigeria that has never seen water running through taps, except for boreholes/wells or seen electricity for more than 2 hours a week criticise the govt when they are making noise about 6000mw. For an average Nigerian (and I mean AVERAGE), basic necessities of life have been turn into luxury, and that is why we present our leaders with awards when they undertake mundane projects such as road maintainence, which should be a rolling programme in any govt. We don't need a party manifesto to tell us you will generate 6000mw of power of rehabltate roads
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by iLaugh: 11:13pm On Apr 21, 2009
i_laugh:

ElRufai

You come to me as a child who bread had just been taken away from him and is crying on his way to school. You are just simply a nomenclated azure and a teetotaler with a pot belly and frugal hombolus.
Just like your mother and father bleeped and your mother ended delivering you under the bridge in Oshodi.

Mad man of Nairaland.
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by LadyT(f): 11:16pm On Apr 21, 2009
i Laugh:

Just like your mother and father bleeped and your mother ended delivering you under the bridge in Oshodi.

Mad man of Nairaland.

You are just so stupid. Who is giving you money for the internet cafe?
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by iLaugh: 11:24pm On Apr 21, 2009
LadyT:

You are just so stupid. Who is giving you money for the internet cafe?
Have you missed your period? You need a good Bleep.
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by blacksta(m): 7:39am On Apr 22, 2009
I_laugh

most of your thread is about having sex with both male or female, are you sex starved and also why cant you have a reasonable debate without raining insults

Na wa o
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by ikeyman00(m): 8:45am On Apr 22, 2009
hahhaha

f^^^ transgendered
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by ElRazur: 9:02am On Apr 22, 2009
People something is not right.

I_laugh and i_laugh are clearly two different account. The former have a higher post count and the former appears to be a new account? Is he suspended or something? Gosh only if am a mod around here. There will be much discipline and people will learn the etiquette of forums.

The mods around here hardly do anything to slowpoke like this, hence they just flourish.
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by ilaugh1: 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2009
lucabrasi:

@post

more to come,

THIS IS THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO NAIRALAND.
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by iidiot: 12:34pm On Apr 22, 2009
i_laugh:

THIS IS THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO NAIRALAND.

what do you mean cousin
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by Pataki: 2:35pm On Apr 22, 2009
What a thread! grin
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by JustGood(m): 3:23pm On Apr 22, 2009
A Nigerian in diaspora

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/article2389276.ece

A TOP eye surgeon was duped by an internet fraudster — and handed him a staggering £350,000.
Consultant Fawzia Ashkanani gave the massive sum to Nigerian Chinaenye Mokelu after he promised her a slice of his “$300million fortune”.

Dr Ashkanani, of Dumfries, even met Mokelu in London, where the conman showed her a suitcase full of FAKE cash.

Kuwaiti-born Dr Ashkanani — a consultant at Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary — fell for a phishing spam email Mokelu sent to UK bank account holders asking for help in transfering the nine-figure sum from Nigeria to Britain.

Prosecutor Andrew Jackson told a court: “He said he needed someone who had a bank account in the UK to facilitate a bank-to-bank transfer.

Replied

“Unfortunately for her, she replied to the email.

“During the course of a number of subsequent emails and telephone calls the victim was asked to transfer money into two accounts controlled by the defendant.”

Mokelu, 44, of Grays, Essex, swindled £350,000 from Dr Ashkanani, of which only £30,000 has been traced by cops.

He had used that to to pay off his mortgage and splash out on luxuries.

The dad-of-two was yesterday told at Basildon Crown Court that he faces a lengthy prison sentence after pleading guilty to conspiracy to defraud and having a fake passport.

Karl Volz, defending, said: “He says he was a very trusted lieutenant in this conspiracy.

“There are various other names involved in this case who have not been tracked down by the prosecution.”

Recorder Jeffrey Yearwood told Mokelu: “Clearly he is a very serious player as far as this is concerned. This defendant is plainly in no doubt that a significant custodial sentence is the only option.”

Mokelu was remanded in custody until June for the preparation of pre-sentencing reports
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by blacksta(m): 3:32pm On Apr 22, 2009
both party shoud be sent to jail
Re: Do These Diasporic Nigerians Love D Country More Or Just Out To Rubbish It More? by lucabrasi(m): 8:09pm On Apr 22, 2009
sbo:

While some of the points you noted might be true, I will be quick to point out to you that the fact that someone has lived all his life in Naija does not make him better informed than a diasporean

really?hows that work then, cause it seems what u r asserting is that someone who s spent years abroad will be conversant with the local politics,social issues e.t.c than a nigerian living in nigeria or a diasporian that goes back to nigeria very often
sbo:

Unfortunately, the situation in Nigeria is so bad that, every govt project/plan is now treated with some form of cynicism. This is because we have never had a honest leadership, most projects are embarked on based on selfish interest and without an iota of transparency.

im guessing you are a long term diasporian as well,because anyone that has travelled to nigeria often in the last couple of years will see and acknowledge the changes that has happened,notable mentions are rivers and lagos state including others so a blanket fail or negative is totally unreasonable
sbo:

I can assure that if every Nigerian is given an opportunity to travel overseas just for one day and return there will be major revolution. They don't even need to visit Europe, a country is Malaysia is good enough.

the issue here is not that nigerians are content with the status quo,but what gives the nigerian diasporian the right to cast vitriol on nigerians in nigeria when they r not doing much themselves i.e being in nigeria and leading by example?nigerians have something tom say for themselves ,after all they fought on the streets during the millitary era,during the hope 1993 e.t.c what have the diasporian who has been abroad for 10/15/20 years to say for him/herself?
sbo:

How can someone in Nigeria that has never seen water running through taps, except for boreholes/wells or seen electricity for more than 2 hours a week criticise the govt when they are making noise about 6000mw. For an average Nigerian (and I mean AVERAGE), basic necessities of life have been turn into luxury, and that is why we present our leaders with awards when they undertake mundane projects such as road maintainence, which should be a rolling programme in any govt. We don't need a party manifesto to tell us you will generate 6000mw of power of rehabltate roads
well,they see other countries,including neighbouring african countries and the way they r run,the fact is that everybody knows what is expected of elected officials and that they are only performing their duties but in view of the endemic corruption that has pervaded the country over the years,a politician who goes against the general norm of his peers by doing the right thing deserves to be praised so he ll be encouraged to do more,hence the reason ppl like fashola gets accolades

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who To Colect Income Tax From People Living In Ogun State And Work In Lagos / When Yoruba Are Deported From their residence in Yorubaland / Rivers State Bans Keke Napep In PHC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.