Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,085 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

PESTLE Analysis - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / PESTLE Analysis (7629 Views)

Project & Data Analysis Using SPSS, Eviews, DAD, STATA Others / Statistical Packages Training And Data Analysis / The 7 Biggest Banks In Nigeria - The Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PESTLE Analysis by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 21, 2009
Please is there anyone in the house who can help me with details of PESTLE Analysis of the fast food industry by describing the key feautures of each of the six elementsof it's global business environment
Re: PESTLE Analysis by Sagamite(m): 12:40am On Apr 28, 2009
I just saw this, hope it is not too late. A quick brainstorm here, so not comprehensive but I think it should be a good start.

P - Focus on Foreign trade regulations (importation laws), Migration laws

E - Focus on Disposable income, GDP per capita, investment in infrastructure (helps to keep cost down), unemployment rates, currency strength, Tourism levels

S - Focus on Population demographics (growth and proportion that are kids are the key ones), Consumerism levels, lifestyle changes (are people working longer hours), Social mobility (rise in the Middle class band)

T - Focus on Productivity-related technology available locally

L - Focus on Employment laws, Regulation on junk foods (e.g. ban on advertisement to children)

E - Focus on Ecological/Green policies (on packaging, waste control and energy usage), Fairtrade regulations (to aid local farmers)

Also understand that in this industry the competitive logic is building a strong Customer Loyalty and superior Advertising. Companies in the space must have good understanding of product lifecycle (which products are customers craving for), customer quality demands (in food, service, appearance etc) and firm positioning (what market segment are they targeting).
Re: PESTLE Analysis by abriya(m): 9:39am On Jan 21, 2011
Hello Sagamite & NLanders,

Kindly help me with the key features of PESTLE and PORTER Analysis for Real Estate Development in Nigeria as well as any link or material you think would help.

Thanks.
Re: PESTLE Analysis by Sagamite(m): 9:52am On Jan 21, 2011
Are you asking about Commercial RE development or Retail RE development?
Re: PESTLE Analysis by abriya(m): 10:04am On Jan 21, 2011
@ Sagamite,

I am looking at Residential RE development but won't mind any info on Commercial RE development (maybe for future use)

Thanks.
Re: PESTLE Analysis by Sagamite(m): 10:05am On Jan 21, 2011
OK, I will try and put for both and you can cognitively pick the ones that apply to pertinent work.
Re: PESTLE Analysis by Sagamite(m): 11:03am On Jan 21, 2011
P - Focus on credit regulations (banking regulation, credit profile accessibility, mortgage laws, usury laws), Tax laws, Migration laws, Social Housing Policy (This would be ZERO for Nigeria), Consumer protection acts (also ZERO), SME laws

E - Focus on Disposable income, GDP growth rates, GDP per capita (compare with peer and advanced nations), Unemployment rates (compare with peer and advanced nations), Interest rates, LIBOR rates, Inflation rates, Average Real Estate Prices growth rates, Debt service as a % of income, Average House Price to Average Income Ratio (compare with peer and advanced nations), Real Estate construction per 1000 inhabitant growth (I really doubt you will have access to all these in Nigeria, but good luck)

S - Focus on Current population size (compare with peer nations), Population Growth rate, Average Household size, House Owner to Tenancy ratio, Trust and Reliability

T - Focus on Credit Assessment-related technology available locally

L - Focus on Building and Planning laws, Health and Safety regulations

E - Focus on Ecological/Green policies

Also understand that in this industry the competitive logic is building a strong Customer Understanding, Technology (CRM especially) and superior Project/Cost Management. Companies in the space must have good understanding of financial/investment management (how to attract funds and utilise it efficiently), customer changing taste (in design functionality, status etc) and Regulation (being proactive in understanding likely future direction of government laws and policy on rates and building).

If you have any questions "why" any of the above is relevant please ask. They are alot, since you asked for the industry as a whole, that is why I did not specify usefulness of each.
Re: PESTLE Analysis by abriya(m): 11:12am On Jan 21, 2011
@ Sagamite,

Many Thanks.

Will keep you posted.

Have a great day.
Re: PESTLE Analysis by Sammiejo: 6:54am On Dec 22, 2011
@Sagamite
pls could you help with PESTLE for the yogurt market in Nigeria
Are you into marketing research and intelligence?
Re: PESTLE Analysis by Sagamite(m): 8:35am On Dec 22, 2011
Sammiejo:

@Sagamite
pls could you help with PESTLE for the yogurt market in Nigeria
Are you into marketing research and intelligence?

The PESTLE for the yogurt market will be the same as for the fast food market above.

I am into shaping businesses.
Re: PESTLE Analysis by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 23, 2011
Really good, Sagamite.
Re: PESTLE Analysis by louisadiks: 10:16pm On Mar 13, 2012
@Chukwudi44
Beloved it is unfortunate that you like many others in your circle are sunken and deep drunk in ignorance in a world of so much spiritual knowledge available to us at this time. You needed to be pitied. Jesus Christ said if you call darkness light how great is that darkness. If you think Christianity is a world of guesses and foul play you will end up in hell and cry out like the king in HELL who asked Lazarus in Abraham’s bosom for water to drink. My advice to you is to go back to the Bible but before you do so go to the library and study the difference between Criticism and Ignorance .A little knowledge is dangerous. Get to know the TRUTH; for this only shall set you free. WHERE DID YOU SEE LENT IN THE BIBLE? WE HAVE BEEN FOOLED FOR LONG; NOW IS THE TIME FOR GOD TO UNVEIL THE TRUTH AND PUT THE DECEIVERS TO SHAME.I SHALL PRAY FOR YOU TO HAVE YOUR EYES OPENED AND ENLIGHTENED.I LOVE TO SEE INTELLIGENT AND TRUTH SEEKERS ON STAGE PLEASE.LOUISADIKIBARASIKA BASSEY OKOKON
Re: PESTLE Analysis by bechex(m): 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
Hello is there anyone in the house who can help me with details of PESTLE Analysis of the Grocery industry by describing the key feautures of each of the six elements
Re: PESTLE Analysis by mahyourwah: 6:17am On Dec 02, 2014
Hi, could u please help with a PESTEL analysis for Iman Cosmetics

(1) (Reply)

Udom Emmanuel Reinstates 403 Sacked Workers / What Is The Salary Level For ABO And BO Levels In UBN / Any ICAN Tutorial Center In Ughelli, Or Warri?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.