Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,584 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja (8261 Views)

Scarcity Of International Passport Booklet Caused By High Dollar Rate - Joe Abah / NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants In Edo State / Nigerian Appreciates Woman For The Visa To America She Granted Him 32 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by cutesammie(m): 12:58am On Oct 05, 2015
Hello all,
I recently got married and we are in the process of doing a name change on my wife's international passport in order to process her residence permit asap. For the past one month, we have been waiting for the passport to get printed but we are being told that the 32 page passport leaflet is not available because the president has not signed it's release. Meanwhile, I told them to print her new passport on 64 page leaflet instead but they said its not possible because her previous passport has been encrypted to the 32 page leaflet, and the only option is to wait until the 32 page leaflet has been approved by the president. Like seriously? How long do we have to wait before the president approves the new leaflets? Is it only us or are there other people experiencing the same problem? What can we do in this situation? Your advices and suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks all.

@Moderator,
Please put this on the front page. Thanks and God bless.
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by euromoney(f): 1:11am On Oct 05, 2015
This is getting serious..
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by segzyj(m): 2:39am On Oct 05, 2015
Brb
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by cutesammie(m): 8:11pm On Oct 05, 2015
Hmmm. No replies and the moderator did not push this to the front page even after sending him a PM. Nigeria we hail thee undecided
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by sheguru(f): 7:38am On Oct 06, 2015
It's really not only you ooo!! Ave been waiting for the past 4 months too!! At first I thought my agent is trying to play funny but he kept insisting that oo, reading this from you am certain that's the case. How long do we really have to wait? I applied for renewal and change of POB sinceeee last week in April .
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 06, 2015
is the 64page leaflet available for new epassport renewals? [currently have 32page]
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 06, 2015
sheguru:
It's really not only you ooo!! Ave been waiting for the past 4 months too!! At first I thought my agent is trying to play funny but he kept insisting that oo, reading this from you am certain that's the case. How long do we really have to wait? I applied for renewal and change of POB sinceeee last week in April .
is it possible to apply for the 64page leaflet if you're renewing your passport [from 32page]?
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by sheguru(f): 7:44am On Oct 06, 2015
@iterator24, I feel when you go to renew, ask them for the leaflet available and pay for that one. I think the 65 pages is currently available.
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 06, 2015
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by sheguru(f): 4:19pm On Oct 06, 2015
@
LasoulMacuby:

FIRST THE PRESIDENT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SIGNING ANY PASSPORT BOOKLET, THE PROBLEM IS THAT OFF LOGISTICS. THE BOOKLETS ARE NOT PRINTED IN NIGERIA, AND NOT EVEN BY IMMIGRATION, BUT ITS TECHNICAL PATNERS CALLED IRISH. YOU WERE NOT INFORMED PROPERLY ELSE YOU WOULD HAVE GONE FOR THE 64 PAGES. ITS JUST A DIFFERENCE OF 5K

So what if one needs the passport urgently and wants to get the 65 pages, what needs to be done?
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by Lysian: 4:13pm On Oct 07, 2015
I got the same information today at NIS office.
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by thegreengooner(m): 8:38pm On Oct 07, 2015
LasoulMacuby:

FIRST THE PRESIDENT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SIGNING ANY PASSPORT BOOKLET, THE PROBLEM IS THAT OFF LOGISTICS. THE BOOKLETS ARE NOT PRINTED IN NIGERIA, AND NOT EVEN BY IMMIGRATION, BUT ITS TECHNICAL PATNERS CALLED IRISH. YOU WERE NOT INFORMED PROPERLY ELSE YOU WOULD HAVE GONE FOR THE 64 PAGES. ITS JUST A DIFFERENCE OF 5K

I guess you mean Iris!

http://www.irissmart.com/epassport
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by sheguru(f): 10:49pm On Oct 07, 2015
LasoulMacuby:

IF ITS A NEWW PASSPORT, YOU JUST COME DOWN TO NIS OFFICE. WHEN COMING, GET A GUARANTOR (THIS IMPLIES THE DATA PAGE OF THE PERSON PASSPORT AND NAT I.D OR DRIVERS LICENSE). BUT IF RENEWAL JUST COME WITH THE OLD PASSPORT, MAKE UR OFFICIAL PAYMENT OF 24,500 FOR 64 PAGES AND GET UR APPROVAL. BANGGG!!! THE PROCESS JUST STARTED. BUT HAVE UP TO 35K AND U ARE GOOD TO GO. . .

My passport is already at their abuja h/q office for some months now and its for a renewal. My question ave already paid for 32pages but since it's not available can I opt for the 65 pages? What's involved to make it happen?
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by cutesammie(m): 6:21am On Oct 14, 2015
sheguru:

My passport is already at their abuja h/q office for some months now and its for a renewal. My question ave already paid for 32pages but since it's not available can I opt for the 65 pages? What's involved to make it happen?

My wife was also in this same situation. Yes, you can opt for the 64 pages (nothing like 65). If you read my post, you will see that we opted for the 64 pages but they found it difficult to do due to some technical problems. They were able to resolve the problem later and it was possible to print the 64 pages. However, we paid extra for the 64 pages and the passport came out yesterday.
sheguru:
@

So what if one needs the passport urgently and wants to get the 65 pages, what needs to be done?

What you need to do is to contact your agent and tell him or her that you want them to issue a 64 page instead. The agent will tell you how much you will pay extra. I won't advice you to continue waiting for the 32 page leaflet, unless you don't need your passport urgently. That is my 2 cent. All the best.
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by sheguru(f): 8:46am On Oct 14, 2015
cutesammie:

My wife was also in this same situation. Yes, you can opt for the 64 pages (nothing like 65). If you read my post, you will see that we opted for the 64 pages but they found it difficult to do due to some technical problems. They were able to resolve the problem later and it was possible to print the 64 pages. However, we paid extra for the 64 pages and the passport came out yesterday.

What you need to do is to contact your agent and tell him or her that you want them to issue a 64 page instead. The agent will tell you how much you will pay extra. I won't advice you to continue waiting for the 32 page leaflet, unless you don't need your passport urgently. That is my 2 cent. All the best.

How much were you charged extra? I just did that and am being charged like 25k?
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by cutesammie(m): 11:45pm On Oct 15, 2015
sheguru:

How much were you charged extra? I just did that and am being charged like 25k?

I was charged the same amount as you.
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by feda01: 3:55pm On Oct 16, 2015
It's now available.....
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by obiaguna(m): 8:45am On Oct 20, 2015
Hello, how much does it cost to get a new passport, 32 pages at any of the Lagos offices.
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by sheguru(f): 9:24am On Oct 23, 2015
cutesammie:

I was charged the same amount as you.

Thanks cutesammie for your replies, how long did it take from when you paid for the 64pages till when it became ready for collection? Ave made payments
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by faith73: 3:54pm On Jan 07, 2016
Name change-Hi everyone in the house,I am 38 years old male a UK resident and I have my Biometric Residence Permit. I then applied for a Nigerian passport and want to effect a name change.
My first name is Ayomide Olusegun Ojo ( On my Residence permit it states Ayo Olusegun Edward)Edward is my father's name and Ojo is the family name.
I would like to know how I can effect the change in Abuja. Changing it on my residence permit is easier for me in the UK,
The Nigeria house in London said they can't accept the deed poll(Document to show name change)that I should go to Abuja.
Please I would appreciate if anyone in the house can shed more light on this. Thanks
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by lollmaolol(m): 9:23pm On Aug 07, 2016
There's another shortage of the NIS passport 32 data page booklet .... please anyone with useful information??
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by sobastical: 9:28pm On Aug 07, 2016
For real? Abeg oo I don't have 35k for that 64 pages.
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by PrinceAbinibi: 12:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
Yes I need help too they are saying there is no booklet available it is past 3 weeks now, what can one do?
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by 9jatatafo(m): 11:29am On Jan 14, 2017
go to passport office and do the needful and your passport will be out
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by 9jatatafo(m): 11:36am On Jan 14, 2017
sobastical:
For real? Abeg oo I don't have 35k for that 64 pages.

This country is as corrupt as corruption itself. I bet you if you go to passport office with your 35k for the 64 pages passport in 3 days you will get it but if you decide to go the official way then O.Y.O. for you. this is the true life story. I am was amazed when I went to passport office in Lagos. Those rotten immigration officers will ask you at the gate who are you looking for or who is helping you? very sad. if you go the official way and do it yourself, it will take months before you get the passport. you must have inside man and get a VIP file
Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by Michaelbay: 6:15pm On Mar 19, 2017
even in abuja headquarters they dont have the booklet. the problem nigeria is facing due to scarce of booklets in the country is the change in foreign currency and the IRIS TECHNOLOGY company Malaysia producing this booklets need nigerian government to sign a new contract deal before they can produce effectively. this company used to import at least 100,000 booklets every month into nigeria but now the nigerian government doesn't want to sign the new contract.

1 Like

Re: 32 Page Passport Booklet Not Available @NIS HQ Abuja by sekmight: 10:44am On May 11, 2017
hi everyone,
I did my capturing for 32pages international passport two months ago and due to the scarcity of 32pages passport am yet to collect it. I don't know if I can convert it to 64pages. please I need your reply

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Relocate To Saudi Arabia? / Help!!! Directions To Nysc Camp Lagos From Oshodi / Stripped Completely By British Immigration Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.