Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,179 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? (3417 Views)

Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? / Names Of OLD, 60,70,80s Music Artist (Home/ Intl.) / Jeremiah Nyang- Nigerian Music Artist, Do You Know Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by layi(m): 6:36pm On Oct 28, 2005
Have u met any 'popular' music artist one-on-one or probably just seen him/her physically? Tell us a thing or 2 about them like his/her carriage, dress sense, height, oratory skills,crib, wheels (cars) etc.

NB: Could be Nigerian and foreign artist but emphasis on the word 'popular'.
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by tamia(f): 6:51pm On Oct 28, 2005
one day my friend and i were Downtown Atlanta and we saw Jermaine Dupri he was off da hook! i like him so much. immediately i saw him i started screamin' so hard that i tho't i was going to pass out! well everythin' turned out well but we didn't get autographs because he was wit' alot of people!!!!!!!!!! ( when i told ma sista we saw JD she was like "omigosh was he wit' Janet" n i was like nope he wasn't)

Still in Atlanta we saw Ciara she visited her high skool friend and she  had baby sited my friends friend!! so it was my friend's friend who took us to c her !! well its hard to c these people so u gotta use any means u got

i hope i c more people!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by mycutiepie(f): 7:01pm On Oct 28, 2005
I haven't seen or meet any international celebrities embarassed but have met with some nigerian artistes such as the plantahun boiz when they were still together. I had wanted to put together a show on my campus and had gone to their the producer- Nelson Brown. Nelson was so nice and respectful, had a nice office too. He was the one that gave me all trio numbers. But i like Faze most, so i called faze, he talked so nice and respectful... we set a date to meet with them all including their manager in a Mr Biggs, festac. All is history but one thing i always remember, was how faze and i hopped on this bike that it don die finish ... lipsrsealed anyways, he paid the fare.

i gotta go shopping, to be continued!!!
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by casper(m): 7:08pm On Oct 28, 2005
yeah i have seen LLOYD BANKS of the popular G-unit group live in a shopping mall.

and i know from what i saw that he regretted coming out that day because his hands were weary from signing autograghs on girls breast and all that.
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by tamia(f): 7:22pm On Oct 28, 2005
casper:

yeah i have seen LLOYD BANKS of the popular G-unit group live in a shopping mall.

and i know from what i saw that he regretted coming out that day because his hands were weary from signing autograghs on girls breast and all that.

dang! girls neva stop amazin' me!
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by layi(m): 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2005
That happens in Nigeria as well. Styl Plus and tuface are tired of signin on lady's boobs. Tuface's case is worse. They rush him..some grab his hand and dip in the forbidden place. Things happen o!
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by hipcaramel(f): 7:49pm On Oct 28, 2005
plantashion boys came to my school when they were still together. It was a bad site. Guys were beefing them because all the girls were screaming "i love you". These are girls they've been chiking for how long., and then some popular guys come and steal the show without even spending a dime on the chics (guys you know how it is and ladies, can we really help it?).

Stly-plus also came. Tunde took it upon himself to dish out hugs to all and sundry. Really cool sha. Faze came just before i left and i must say the camera does favour some people. He is so not what he looks like on TV. I personally do not like his looks at all. He just doesnt do it for me at all.

i've seen samsong, gave him a ride in my car when he came to perform in my school. he's cool, has good carriage and all. maybe it's just me, but i kind of see him as a proud person. i could be wrong sha. i've seen a few others. some expect you to drool over them. that just doesnt do it for me at all.
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by O(m): 8:20pm On Oct 28, 2005
Yeah, saw daddy shoki once.
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by whiteshark(m): 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2005
everytime... we are alwys hanging....
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by fabian(f): 11:28am On Oct 31, 2005
.....Met! I met Dr. Alban once in Lagos (at Ikoyi) My friends and I walked up to him and a friend of mine was like, ''Hello" He was so unfriendly, but I owe him no grudges cos I guess he's human too.
Met Mode9 and Nnenna last week, Mode's just there, Nnenna was friendlier!
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by vexxy(f): 1:37am On Nov 01, 2005
Mine are all American artists but the list goes as follows:

Queen Latifa (I actually had breakfast with her in Las Vegas)
Boys II Men
Immature now known as IMX or whatever
Juvinial and the Hot Boys
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by babadudu(m): 2:36am On Nov 01, 2005
Fela (RIP) at the former famous white house (kalakuta).... musically talented and runs his mouth from moring till night....non-stop.

Femi ...... I was surprised when Femi started smoking ganja....yes believe!
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by salako: 4:57pm On Nov 01, 2005
I've met tony tetulia a few times 2face twice, JJC & 419 crew lots of times. Sunny Ade once came to my house. Obesere, Shina Peters & Styl-plus briefly. actually i once saw Eedris as well.
on the US side i met Usher & Timberlake and Outkast.
not bad ehe!
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by Manta(m): 6:11pm On Nov 01, 2005
It was my second semester in my second year during Tiv day celebration in school when Bravo D- this Nigeria artist with a self invented dance step called Pachanga had to perform and I was opportuned to meet him life.

He spoke niece with his baritone voice, clothed in the Tiv traditional attires and accepted to each snap shot as there were many requests.
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by sj(f): 8:47pm On Nov 01, 2005
iv met rugged man and i saw 50cent and his clique at d silverbird galleria
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by Oracle(m): 5:30am On Nov 02, 2005
I'v seen tuface,lagbaja and Lucky Dube
in calabar last year
they came 4 a new year concert or so
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by elphem(m): 10:39am On Nov 02, 2005
I once saw Tuface at Guinness Nigeria Headquarters when he came to sign contract of the New Guinness Extra Smooth. He is really cool and gentle. But man the guy is just trying to adjust 'flow in good english' maybe thats why he kept to himself.
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by IAH(f): 11:13am On Nov 02, 2005
I saw dem Plantation boys from a distance during the "Lipton Tea Partea" show held in OAU. I was at the back and they were on stage so I guess I can't call that "meeting".
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by sexyb219: 1:26am On Nov 03, 2005
yea i have met a a popular music artist before. but he's a canadian artist. I saw this man in the mall were i was shopping.
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by tamia(f): 9:51pm On Nov 16, 2005
sexyb_2_19:

yea i have met a a popular music artist before. but he's a canadian artist. I saw this man in the mall were i was shopping.
gurl wats his name?
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by Ciaralover(f): 7:03pm On Jan 19, 2006
I wanna meet!!! I know she gonna love me cause i am down to earth like her!!!
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by Ciaralover(f): 7:07pm On Jan 19, 2006
I Post the last message. I meant i wanna meet ciara not i wanna meet meet. Anyway 50 CENT is so sexy i dont wanna see him cause if i do i will DIE Bcuz he is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Fine. grin rolleyes kiss cheesy
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by layi(m): 7:15pm On Jan 19, 2006
W00t!! 50 cent? U use finochromic glasses or what? No spite intended but methinks fiddy is far from fine o.
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by smartsoft(m): 1:16am On Jan 20, 2006
Seen Pastor Goody Goody kind of friendly At surulere.. making call in a business center,.. Seen Essence in the studio, many times, full of pride. Seen Soji Isreal.. cheesy kind of future in the video sha... Seen Segun Obe.. lot of times.. nice man to be with and humble. Seen David Mell, Nice guy Seen and many more, Seen Asha too at White House Ikeja
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by layi(m): 1:24am On Jan 20, 2006
I met almost all Nigeria top artists at the last Rhythm unplugged.
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by naijacutie(f): 6:12pm On Jan 21, 2006
I was clubbing in downtown Houston with my exboyfriend when we ran into Method Man and Scarface. They were really friendly and showed us much love and didn't act all snobby as some rappers have a tendency of doing. Also ran into Fantasia Barrino who gave me the biggest hug ever and thanked me for being a fan of hers. All good experiences with celebrities so far...
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by ghettochyk(f): 8:48pm On Jan 23, 2006
i didn't get to meet him but bow wow used to go to my school-----tru story. he wasn't famous then.
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by snazzydawn(f): 8:49pm On Jan 23, 2006
I met 2face in September last year when he came for a concert in Uyo.He is sooooooooooo handsome with his tiny teeth and sexy body!!!I was his African queen at the concert and danced with him after the show at the club-----we exchanged numbers and communicate often.
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by bebe6(f): 12:10am On Jan 24, 2006
W00t!! 50 cent? U use finochromic glasses or what? No spite intended but methinks fiddy is far from fine o.

@ layi
*laughs*
she had to mean from the shoulders down wink
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by opemogaji(m): 11:14pm On Jan 26, 2006
have meet elephant man, usher, juelz santana, and ja rule
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by Teezy(f): 12:03am On Aug 08, 2006
ive met weezy baby! grin n cam'ron, T.I. n paris hilton our dogs met lol cheesy
Re: Ever Met A Popular Music Artist? by lauryn(f): 12:10am On Aug 08, 2006
50cents,
MadLinx,
Scarface,
JayZ,
Rihanna,
Ciara,
Nas,
Olivia,
Usher,
JD
Janet
Nelly
I don tire abeg, i'll continue later

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yahoozee / Idi Nla Terry G / Which Nigerian Female Singer Has The Best Singing Voice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.