Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,310 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London (2376 Views)

Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London / Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London / Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by Tdarry: 9:49am On Oct 05, 2015
The United Kingdom has said that it has not given up on its efforts to extradite former Bayelsa State governor, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, back to Britain to face trial, the Sun Newspaper is reporting today.
The UK said it had already contacted the Federal Government requesting Mr. Alamieyeseigha’s extradition, and was awaiting a response to the request.
The British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Andrew Pocock, told the paper in an exclusive interview that the former governor, who recently got state pardon from his criminal conviction in Nigeria, still has an outstanding case of money laundering to answer to in the UK and that the UK government will not give up until Mr. Alamieyeseigha is brought to justice.
Mr. Alamieyeseigha, then a serving governor, made a dramatic escape from the custody of the British authorities when he fled back to Nigeria from detention in September 2005. He would later be convicted on similar money laundering charges on July 26, 2007 in Nigeria after he was impeached as governor.
Although his recent state pardon by President Goodluck Jonathan hit the UK authorities as a rude shock, Mr. Pocock dismissed insinuations that London was planning to sanction Nigeria over the matter. According to him, “that is not the way we do things”.
The High Commissioner also revealed that UK had earlier requested for Alamieyeseigha’s extradition, but did not get any response.
Mr. Pocock said the UK had asked the Attorney General and Minister for Justice for Alamieyeseigha’s extradition and was still awaiting his position on the issue when President Goodluck Jonathan all of a sudden announced he has been extricated of all wrong doing via the state clemency.
The move to pardon him even when the application for his extradition to Britain was still pending was like daring the applying nation that feels strongly that Alamieyeseigha has a case to answer in their country.
According to Mr. Pocock, “The former governor skipped bail in the UK on a charge of money laundering and returned to Nigeria. So, he has an outstanding charge in the UK, which is there for him to answer.
“We have already discussed it and the Nigerian government knows our views. But we would like to see him return and answer charge in the UK.”
On UK’s past and present efforts to see that Alamieyeseigha is extradited to the UK, Mr. Pocock said: “Yes. I think we asked in the past. I am very sure we asked in the past. But I am not sure we got a formal response. So, we are still waiting for a formal response from the Nigerian government.
“We have asked the Attorney General. He will have to tell us what his position is on extradition. I haven’t had a reply yet, but we still wait for it,” the British envoy added.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/127349-britain-writes-fg-requests-ex-convict-alamieyeseighas-extradition-to-london.html
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by bonechamberlain(m): 9:55am On Oct 05, 2015
this is what the British wanted, to rule Nigeria by proxy, they have gotten it, almost all our cases are now decided in Britain under this govt. and by the way which independent minded country still extradite its citizens to foreign powers for persecution in this age. imagine the American or British govt sending its citizens to Nigeria for trial.

it's high time we put our judiciary in order and cancel some of this nation nosensene agreement we have with other countries.

2 Likes

Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by benedictnsi(m): 9:55am On Oct 05, 2015
bonechamberlain:
u people better leave this man.

Make he no die abi grin

1 Like

Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by bonechamberlain(m): 10:00am On Oct 05, 2015
benedictnsi:

Make he no die abi grin
grin
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by Cadamlk: 10:07am On Oct 05, 2015
bonechamberlain:
u people better leave this man.
person go thief pot of soup;shey na hugary make am.Police go carry am shine.If dem nor shoot am,dem go put am for prison for ten years without trial.Meanwhile our dear politician wen thief money wen we suppose take built capital and human resources..........con dey dey render human being useless as per hungary ,joblessness,poverty....so tey sickness wen nor suppose dey pkoof person dey kpoof am.Na those kain people you like make dem dey waka freely?

4 Likes

Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by SonOfTheLion(m): 10:08am On Oct 05, 2015
GBESE DE! grin This kind Buhari Government grin even me wey i nor do anything now come dey fear again grin

2 Likes

Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by bonechamberlain(m): 10:10am On Oct 05, 2015
Cadamlk:
person go thief pot of soup;shey na hugary make am.Police go carry am shine.If dem nor shoot am,dem go put am for prison for ten years without trial.Meanwhile our dear politician wen thief money wen we suppose take built capital and human resources..........con dey dey render human being useless as per hungary ,joblessness,poverty....so tey sickness wen nor suppose dey pkoof person dey kpoof am.Na those kain people you like make dem dey waka freely?
na wa o, this ur pidgin pass me o.
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by boujaye: 10:10am On Oct 05, 2015
Tdarry:
The United Kingdom has said that it has not given up on its efforts to extradite former Bayelsa State governor, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, back to Britain to face trial, the Sun Newspaper is reporting today.
The UK said it had already contacted the Federal Government requesting Mr. Alamieyeseigha’s extradition, and was awaiting a response to the request.
The British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Andrew Pocock, told the paper in an exclusive interview that the former governor, who recently got state pardon from his criminal conviction in Nigeria, still has an outstanding case of money laundering to answer to in the UK and that the UK government will not give up until Mr. Alamieyeseigha is brought to justice.
Mr. Alamieyeseigha, then a serving governor, made a dramatic escape from the custody of the British authorities when he fled back to Nigeria from detention in September 2005. He would later be convicted on similar money laundering charges on July 26, 2007 in Nigeria after he was impeached as governor.
Although his recent state pardon by President Goodluck Jonathan hit the UK authorities as a rude shock, Mr. Pocock dismissed insinuations that London was planning to sanction Nigeria over the matter. According to him, “that is not the way we do things”.
The High Commissioner also revealed that UK had earlier requested for Alamieyeseigha’s extradition, but did not get any response.
Mr. Pocock said the UK had asked the Attorney General and Minister for Justice for Alamieyeseigha’s extradition and was still awaiting his position on the issue when President Goodluck Jonathan all of a sudden announced he has been extricated of all wrong doing via the state clemency.
The move to pardon him even when the application for his extradition to Britain was still pending was like daring the applying nation that feels strongly that Alamieyeseigha has a case to answer in their country.
According to Mr. Pocock, “The former governor skipped bail in the UK on a charge of money laundering and returned to Nigeria. So, he has an outstanding charge in the UK, which is there for him to answer.
“We have already discussed it and the Nigerian government knows our views. But we would like to see him return and answer charge in the UK.”
On UK’s past and present efforts to see that Alamieyeseigha is extradited to the UK, Mr. Pocock said: “Yes. I think we asked in the past. I am very sure we asked in the past. But I am not sure we got a formal response. So, we are still waiting for a formal response from the Nigerian government.
“We have asked the Attorney General. He will have to tell us what his position is on extradition. I haven’t had a reply yet, but we still wait for it,” the British envoy added.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/127349-britain-writes-fg-requests-ex-convict-alamieyeseighas-extradition-to-london.html

Buhari/APC conspiracy theory thought that by removing Alams, they will be able to win the governorship election. Alams is going no where. fa fa fa, faowl. We will chase out the Westerners and their businesses from Niger Delta, Buhari will go on his knees and beg. nonsense
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by Cadamlk: 10:33am On Oct 05, 2015
bonechamberlain:
na wa o, this ur pidgin pass me o.
Bros na true naaaa!! All those youths wen be criminal wen you dey see so,you believe say na all of them like be criminal?Na because joy nor dey the land.This country get all the milk and honey wen Bible dey talk so teeey I con begin think wether na Naija be the promise land wen God dey talk .......Even the milk and honey sef ,as e plenty reach,na some few people dey hijack am con begin flex with their families and friends.Bros e good?

Wetin dey tire me for dem be say as dem go school reach,dem get the brain to move the country forward ooo but na to thief na hin sweet them pass.Dey go dey there dey behave like senior monkey.....Na only senior monkey dey carry the big bunch of banabana make hin chop first make others dey look am.Na wen he don chop tight belle he go leave the reminant for others and nor go care if dem belleful or not.
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by Movic1(m): 10:37am On Oct 05, 2015
Hehehehe. E b like say na London buhari go build the Corruption court. Sentence them in london and send them back home to serve their punishment. London prison no dey show for Body.

Nigeria o gba Nonsense labe Buhari
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by bonechamberlain(m): 11:03am On Oct 05, 2015
Cadamlk:
Bros na true naaaa!! All those youths wen be criminal wen you dey see so,you believe say na all of them like be criminal?Na because joy nor dey the land.This country get all the milk and honey wen Bible dey talk so teeey I con begin think wether na Naija be the promise land wen God dey talk .......Even the milk and honey sef ,as e plenty reach,na some few people dey hijack am con begin flex with their families and friends.Bros e good?

Wetin dey tire me for dem be say as dem go school reach,dem get the brain to move the country forward ooo but na to thief na hin sweet them pass.Dey go dey there dey behave like senior monkey.....Na only senior monkey dey carry the big bunch of banabana make hin chop first make others dey look am.Na wen he don chop tight belle he go leave the reminant for others and nor go care if dem belleful or not.
hahahaha ok sir.
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:03am On Oct 05, 2015
Choi, I wonder which kind disguise him go take enter this time, maybe he should ask Diezani for her latest set of lipstick and wrapper; since very soon she will be exchanging them for prison uniform.

2 Likes

Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by sweetgala(m): 11:21am On Oct 05, 2015
bonechamberlain:
this is what the British wanted, to rule Nigeria by proxy, they have gotten it, almost all our cases are now decided in Britain under this govt. and by the way which independent minded country still extradite its citizens to foreign powers for persecution in this age. imagine the American or British govt sending its citizens to Nigeria for trial.

it's high time we put our judiciary in order and cancel some of this nation nosensene agreement we have with other countries.

In the last few years , both the UK and US have extradited their citizens to be charged for crimes in or against those nations, the citizens themselves have a right to legal process to dispute the extradition which the court has a right to grant or reject.

Maybe if you follow International politics you would know better. It has nothing to so with national sovereignty but to do with international law, treaties and agreements.

Mr Alameiseya was charged to court in the UK and under disguise jumped bail and came to seek refuge under a corrupt government in Nigeria getting a lesser charge and punishment and eventually a pardon to contest for senate. Even if the earlier money laundering case is struck off as already resolved in Nigeria the charge of obstruction of justice, and leaving the country without prior notification of the courts and thereby illegally to prevent justice can be layed against him and getting a charge to stick wouldn't be a problem.

1 Like

Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by sweetgala(m): 11:24am On Oct 05, 2015
Cadamlk:

Now I know why with all the money in the SS ,the place can never progress. The citizens love corruption and bed it with pleasure.

As much as lagosians loved BRF when his latest bruhaha began he was condemned without delay or prejudice

2 Likes

Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by OlujobaSamuel: 11:39am On Oct 05, 2015
Cadamlk:

your head dey der, na dose wey dey defend dem I pity most. wer u gt am wrong b sey dis senior monkey no even dey drop wen don bellefull, na wen dey think sey dey go nid u to go get more dey go giv u one wey don dey spoil.

1 Like

Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by bayulll01(m): 12:24pm On Oct 05, 2015
bonechamberlain:

Av lost fate in our judiciary since,they are the most uselesss corrupt institutions on earth,awon ole jati jati

1 Like

Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by dayo4(m): 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2015
The drama has just begun. . .
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by dammytosh: 12:39pm On Oct 05, 2015
We will send him back soon.

Witch hunting is no longer enough to protect criminals.
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by bonechamberlain(m): 12:58pm On Oct 05, 2015
sweetgala:

In the last few years , both the UK and US have extradited their citizens to be charged for crimes in or against those nations, the citizens themselves have a right to legal process to dispute the extradition which the court has a right to grant or reject.

Maybe if you follow International politics you would know better. It has nothing to so with national sovereignty but to do with international law, treaties and agreements.

Mr Alameiseya was charged to court in the UK and under disguise jumped bail and came to seek refuge under a corrupt government in Nigeria getting a lesser charge and punishment and eventually a pardon to contest for senate. Even if the earlier money laundering case is struck off as already resolved in Nigeria the charge of obstruction of justice, and leaving the country without prior notification of the courts and thereby illegally to prevent justice can be layed against him and getting a charge to stick wouldn't be a problem.

countries only extradite to other countries which they have agreements ( such agreement should be cancelled in Nigeria), and most times the extradition is done if such person isn't a citizen of that country i.e if he commits a crime in one country and runs to another where he has no citizenship, the country he runs to can decide to extradite him to the country he committed the crime. Brazil for instance don't extradite anyone within its borders whether citizen or not.

countries should take responsibility of court matters relating to its citizens.

can u give an example where the u.k or u.s extradited "its citizens" to one another.
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by dekdek: 12:59pm On Oct 05, 2015
Alams the thief should be extradited with immediate alacrity to answer for his crimes in UK. He is of no use to us. General Buhari as a matter of urgency grant the prayers of the British govt.

2 Likes

Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by sweetgala(m): 2:09pm On Oct 05, 2015
bonechamberlain:

countries only extradite to other countries which they have agreements ( such agreement should be cancelled in Nigeria), and most times the extradition is done if such person isn't a citizen of that country i.e if he commits a crime in one country and runs to another where he has no citizenship, the country he runs to can decide to extradite him to the country he committed the crime. Brazil for instance don't extradite anyone within its borders whether citizen or not.

countries should take responsibility of court matters relating to its citizens.

can u give an example where the u.k or u.s extradited "its citizens" to one another.

Stop spewing jargon, the extradition is part of international agreements and I see no reaon why Nigeria should wave it's right to engage the agreement.

It is not the duty of the nation to provide such criminal or deny the extradition as such but rather the ministry of justice has a duty to facilitate the extradition.

Where an application to extradite is received the individual has a right to defend his right agaibt extradition in a court of law ,the grant is based on the concept the individual would get a fair trial and the prison conditions. In the previous GEJ administration individuals were shielded by executive order which is wrong.

So far in the last 3 years many Americans have been extradited , UK, a few Australians I know of, many Pakistani , I know ogw two Chinese . Stop trying to defend corruption
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 05, 2015
bonechamberlain:

Yes the judiciary needs to be strengthened but that that is not a reason why us should support corruption.. alameiseigha is entitled to a lawyer just like buruji kashamu.there are international laws in place. And Nigeria is a member of lots of international organizations bothering on justice and money laundering. If Nigerian courts says ni to his extradition, Nigeria is a democratic country so there is nothing the government can do. Alamco should get a lawyer.

Support supporting corruption
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by bonechamberlain(m): 2:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
sweetgala:

Stop spewing jargon, the extradition is part of international agreements and I see no reaon why Nigeria should wave it's right to engage the agreement.

It is not the duty of the nation to provide such criminal or deny the extradition as such but rather the ministry of justice has a duty to facilitate the extradition.

Where an application to extradite is received the individual has a right to defend his right agaibt extradition in a court of law ,the grant is based on the concept the individual would get a fair trial and the prison conditions. In the previous GEJ administration individuals were shielded by executive order which is wrong.

So far in the last 3 years many Americans have been extradited , UK, a few Australians I know of, many Pakistani , I know ogw two Chinese . Stop trying to defend corruption

don't display ur ignorance here, go to Google and do a thorough research on extradition, u claim to follow international politics but know nothing.

America, u.k, extradite to other countries but are they American citizens or u.k citizens.

u still haven't given me any example, u just said america, uk, Pakistan extradite. give me one example where America or UK extradited its citizens.

and no one is defending corruption.

read all my post related to this topic and assimilate.
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by egift(m): 2:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
Bundle him and send him over. Am loving this UK-Angle grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by egift(m): 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2015

And please wear him only pantt, we not want to hear of any change of cloths grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by sweetgala(m): 3:35pm On Oct 05, 2015
bonechamberlain:

don't display ur ignorance here, go to Google and do a thorough research on extradition, u claim to follow international politics but know nothing.

America, u.k, extradite to other countries but are they American citizens or u.k citizens.

u still haven't given me any example, u just said america, uk, Pakistan extradite. give me one example where America or UK extradited its citizens.

and no one is defending corruption.

read all my post related to this topic and assimilate.

In many cases both American and UK citizens have and will be extradited if a crime is committed by them abroad and there is coincidence that said individuals would get a fair trial
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by bonechamberlain(m): 4:06pm On Oct 05, 2015
sweetgala:

In many cases both American and UK citizens have and will be extradited if a crime is committed by them abroad and there is coincidence that said individuals would get a fair trial
in many cases!! it's bad u haven't been able to sight one example. ok lets leave it here.
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by tolexy007(m): 4:10pm On Oct 05, 2015
angry grin
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by dridowu: 4:14pm On Oct 05, 2015
So Alamesigha still have unfinished business in UK ? I taught the case don finish. Anyway, whoever commit crime shall face the consequence.
Good luck to Alamesigha in his unfinshed business.
The he/she governor that jump bail in UK .
Free visa, free ride, free accomdation, free medical care, free tv e.t.c all await Alamesigha in UK
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by sweetgala(m): 4:16pm On Oct 05, 2015
bonechamberlain:
in many cases!! it's bad u haven't been able to sight one example. ok lets leave it here.

http://www.friends-extradited.org/

There this bunch are a UK org who help defend British citizens from extradition, fewer Americans get extradited due to their legal process rather than a will of the state not to extradite, they would essentially have to be found guilty of the crime under US laws and process to be extradited( the merit of the case is reviewed) most other nations review the merit of the extradition request and less the case , given a fait trial and acceptable incarceration if found guilty is present
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by obailala(m): 4:22pm On Oct 05, 2015
bonechamberlain:

I would even be more than happy if they come to rule us DIRECTLY and not even by proxy. What exactly is our story of ruling ourselves if not for pain and despair?

South Africa in which many of our people run to is very well developed because they were ruled till 1990; I only can't help but imagine how wonderful Nigeria would have been if the British ruled us till 1990.

(1) (2) (Reply)

World’s Worst Disfigurement Lady Born With NO FACE Hopes For Surgical Procedure / How True Is This Picture / I Paid A Debt Today, After 20 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.