Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,435 members, 7,861,212 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:15 AM

Why Is Happiness Shortlived - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Is Happiness Shortlived (468 Views)

Don’t Put Your Happiness In Other People’s Hands.. / Einstein's Hidden 'formula' For Happiness Written 95 Years Ago Sells For $1.5M / Does Money Make Us Happy?(the True Fact About Happiness) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Happiness Shortlived by answerspls: 10:31am On Oct 05, 2015
WHY IS IT THAT HAPPINESS DOES'NT LAST? SEE WHAT I MEAN: I WAS THE HAPPIEST PERSON ON EARTH THE DAY I PASSED JAMB, I WAS THE HAPPIEST PERSON THE DAY I GRADUATED, I WAS THE HAPPIEST PERSON THE DAY I BOUGHT CAR AND ON AND ON AND ON BUT I DISCOVER THAT I TRY HARD TO HAVE THAT LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT I HAD WHEN... BUT IT JUST CAN'T BE UPTO EVEN HALF OF WHAT IT WAS WHEN THAT PARTICULAR EVENT TOOK PLACE AND WORSE MORE IS THAT I WON'T EVEN FEEL ANYTHING IF I DON'T PUT MY MIND ON THAT PARTICULAR EVENT. DOES ANY PERSON HAVE THIS SIMILAR EXPERIENCE, HOW DO YOU RETAIN YOUR HAPPINESS OVER A LONG TIME
Re: Why Is Happiness Shortlived by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 05, 2015
It's called the Hedonistic Treadmill
The hedonic treadmill , also known as hedonic adaptation , is the observed tendency of humans to quickly return to a relatively stable level of happiness despite major positive or negative events or life changes.

Also when you are happy (read: feeling pleasure) your brain secretes Dopamine a neurotransmitter with a short half-life, with means the effects fade sooner.

(1) (Reply)

Farrah Abraham Sextape Were Actually There After I Needed Them A Good Number. / Solve This Maths Question Please, You Might Get A Prize. / 5 Telephone Tricks You Must Beware In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.