Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,803 members, 7,817,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency (19355 Views)

Amina Mohammed Interacts With Robot 'Sophia' At UN Summit. Photos/video / Yusuf Buhari Is Not On Any Social Media- Presidency / Buhari Interacts With State House Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by zinachidi(m): 1:15pm On Oct 05, 2015
The Presidency on Monday explained why President Muhammadu Buhari discusses major policy thrust of government and his policies with the international media rather than its local counterpart, stressing that the world is a global village hence where Buhari speaks should not really matter.

The President has come under intense criticism for always disclosing to the foreign media issues Nigerians back home are yet to know about regarding his government, including publishing an op-ed article in the Washington Post. This trend repeated itself last week in New York where the President opened up to foreign journalists about his intention to head the Petroleum Ministry.

But clarifying what brought about the development, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, told WE 106.3 FM’s Morning Mojo programme monitored by DAILY POST in Abuja that, “when he (Buhari) goes abroad we always schedule the international media to have an engagement with him. That may not always be easy when he is at home because he has so many things to attend to.

“But we make it a point of duty that every trip abroad, we schedule the international media to speak with him and that is why in France, in New York, in South Africa, wherever he has gone, he will always speak with the media and of course because the world is a global village,” he stated.

Admitting that he is aware of the criticisms that come with the President’s resort to the foreign media, the presidential spokesman said: “it sort of pays us to say the world is a global village when we like and when we don’t like we criticize it. But that the world is a global village, we accept.

“Wherever he (the President) says it does not matter; all that matters is that he has said it. The truth is that, whatever he says gets back to us in Nigeria. So does it matter where he says it?” he asked.

Speaking further on why it is easier for the President to speak with the international media during his trips offshore, he said: “You know that in the past four months, he had been doing the work; trying to reset the foundation for a lot of things. As ministers come, you know there will be more devolvement and some of those things he had being doing personally, ministers will begin to do.

“He will then have freer time with which to take on the media here in Nigeria. He has been very very busy. The Media Chat will resume soon. You can be sure that when that Media Chat resumes, it is going to be free.”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/05/why-buhari-interacts-more-with-foreign-media-presidency/

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by OVI75(m): 1:18pm On Oct 05, 2015
Does this explanation appeal to intelligent reasoning,hell No.,Will Obama give same excuse hell no,do you think the president is suffering from low self esteem,then trying to please international media outfits? O yes,do u believe that this president is subjecting our media outfits to discrimination? very well yes,do you believe that this president and his crew are repeatin same ills they accused the former administration of,but in a subtle yet mor sophisticated dimension? very wel yes.

I rest my case.
Barcanister my role model on nairaland.

125 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by ThePeacemaker(m): 1:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
grin Buhari is qonna be the best president Niqeria ever had......... comparinq Buhari to GEJ s like comparing Dstv to Gotv
GBAM

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by lanrehamd: 1:24pm On Oct 05, 2015
ThePeacemaker:
grin Buhari is qonna be the best president Niqeria ever had......... comparinq Buhari to GEJ s like comparing Dstv to Gotv
GBAM
lol

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by judiciarypalava: 1:28pm On Oct 05, 2015
The same media that helped him blackmail GEJ, they will still plot his downfall if he goes against the terms of contract.
Soo dumb and clueless.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by tucky200(m): 1:28pm On Oct 05, 2015
OVI75:
Does this explanation appeal to intelligent reasoning,hell No.,Will Obama give same excuse hell no,do you think the president is suffering from low self esteem,then trying to please international media outfits? O yes,do u believe that this president is subjecting our media outfits to discrimination? very well yes,do you believe that this president and his crew are repeatin same ills they accused the former administration of,but in a subtle yet mor sophisticated dimension? very wel yes.
I rest my case.
contagious fool,presidency has just said the truth,if your clueless, most media built on propaganda will end up destroying ur govt..u berra stay away 4rm barcanista,that guy get different disease for body

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by omusiliyu(m): 1:36pm On Oct 05, 2015
He interacts with mature journalists

6 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by osaslord500(m): 1:36pm On Oct 05, 2015
Baba go slow, keep the good work on, haters gonna hate

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 05, 2015
OVI75:
[s]Does this explanation appeal to intelligent reasoning,hell No.,Will Obama give same excuse hell no,do you think the president is suffering from low self esteem,then trying to please international media outfits? O yes,do u believe that this president is subjecting our media outfits to discrimination? very well yes,do you believe that this president and his crew are repeatin same ills they accused the former administration of,but in a subtle yet mor sophisticated dimension? very wel yes.
I rest my case.[/s]
How will it be an intelligent speech when your judgement is obviously impaired by your passion for your redundant role model.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by braine(m): 1:36pm On Oct 05, 2015
So far it will ultimately better the lives of local Nigerians, no wahala.
Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by warrior01: 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
Oh My God! These guys are really shameless and are suffering from serious low self esteem. A president that can't even engage his followers talk less of the entire citizenry is now giving excuses on how he always seek for permission from his foreign masters before making any policy statement. I still maintain these APC guys are utterly clueless on how to govern Nigeria. Shame on this evil cult called APC . No wonder the daughter of one of their leaders said the opinions of the followers doesn't count. Evil people

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by sweatlana: 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
Is that what other presidents do

Will Obama go to Japan to give his state of the union speech

Was buhari elected by foreigners or nigerians??

The apc slaves will also support this.

41 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
sweatlana:
The apc slaves will also support this.
You expect him to fly down to Nigeria when aboard just to interact with the local media. I'm sure if he does that... You will be among those who will spew inconsequential trash!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by PRINCENWAEZE(m): 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
Na lie he is just a president of tourism grin

13 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by hujiedit(m): 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
he is really working ooo
Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by kawusteet: 1:38pm On Oct 05, 2015
this is exclusive, i respect him alot

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by KnowMore: 1:38pm On Oct 05, 2015
P
Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 05, 2015
Great
Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by damton(m): 1:39pm On Oct 05, 2015
.I can't agree any better. Buhari is a lot polished, reputable, articulate, decisive and sound - minded. Nigeria stands a lot to gain from this leadership.

4 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by funmilade4real(m): 1:40pm On Oct 05, 2015
OVI75:

I rest my case.

Eran nie
Omo ale

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by missKiffy(f): 1:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
Baba niyen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by funmilade4real(m): 1:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
PRINCENWAEZE:
Na lie he is just a president of tourism grin

Ewure

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by obinnajr(m): 1:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
RE: IN A NORMAL COUNTRY, NGOZI OKONJO IWEALLA SHOULD BE THE PRESIDENT AND MOHA MAD BOHARI THE SENIOR DRIVER.

9 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
Apc and Buhari always have excuses for every situations,Its a pity to Nigerians that take them serious!

11 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by Clone2020(m): 1:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
I'm yet to see Obama brief The Guardian or Punch about his domestic plans.

18 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
This man should just say the truth, Nigeria medias are liars!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
We have more wailers here who are not really objective and do not offer good constructive criticisms. Though there are oppositions but the wailers over shadow them. So its best the President can do any op-ed he does in the foreign media because thats how you get word across to foreign investors who are more important than wailers who are not really objective and do not offer good constructive criticisms.

sweatlana:
Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by tolexy007(m): 1:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
b
Re: Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
Baba, I fault u on this one. Sounds like inferiority complex...
Baba can always schedule meetings with the press at specific times if he wants to. Take a clue from foreign leaders. It's not so fair that cnn, bbc and co will be the one reporting domestic news for Nigerians. Can the foreign countries allow NTA, AIT, OGTV or CHANNELS, to do same?

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Akinwunmi Adesina, President Of African Development Bank / PHOTOS: Released Chibok Girls’ Parents Arrive In Abuja / Anambra Primaries: Ifeanyi Ubah Sues PDP [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.