Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,779 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Diezani Not In UK Court On Monday – Clerk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diezani Not In UK Court On Monday – Clerk (854 Views)

UK Court Stops Alison-madueke, Associates From Selling Properties / James Ibori Hangs Out With Friends In London After Being Cleared UK Court. PICS / Diezani Alison-madueke Appears In UK Court - BBC Correspondent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diezani Not In UK Court On Monday – Clerk by alcmene: 3:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
Embattled former Minister of Petroleum in the Goodluck Jonathan’s administration, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, did not appear at Court 10 of the Westminster Court in company with her mother as being widely reported.

Diezani was arrested on Friday in the United Kingdom, for alleged bribery and corruption-related charges.

A twitter user @sampiranty had, relying on an email from the court, “confirmed” that the former minister reported in court at 10am on Monday.

Another tweet @ogundamisi, however, claimed that the ex-minister was not at the Westminster Magistrate Court.

Ogundamisi said he left the said court around 3pm, saying Diezani was not at the said court on Monday.

Sam Piranty, who said he relied on the account of the court’s email, however, later apologised for the “confusion”, adding that the Clerk of the court had clarified that the ex-minister was not in court on Monday.

http://www.punchng.com/news/diezani-not-in-uk-court-on-monday-clerk/
Re: Diezani Not In UK Court On Monday – Clerk by ademoladeji(m): 4:04pm On Oct 05, 2015
She dey play with Altcourse Prison....

BTW, why
Re: Diezani Not In UK Court On Monday – Clerk by ajibola11(m): 4:10pm On Oct 05, 2015
I know that she will not appear
Re: Diezani Not In UK Court On Monday – Clerk by MizMyColi(f): 4:10pm On Oct 05, 2015
Ever since watching the first episode of the third season of The Blacklist, I have been really suspicious of the world media.

These days I prefer irrefutable photo evidence, and hearing from the politicians themselves.

I'd rather believe nothing and remain undecided about all news concerning Dieziani, than to believe hogwash.

I have not seen her appear in any court.
I have not seen or read her speak publicly.
Before I pass my judgement...these two have to take place.

If Tinubu can be described as a saint in this dispensation, then anyone can be a saint.
Not to mention the fact that evidence lies.

I'd rather follow my instinct on this one.
He whose cup is full should drink and be merry alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diezani Not In UK Court On Monday – Clerk by ayukdaboss(m): 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2015
[s]
MizMyColi:
Ever since watching the first episode of the third season of The Blacklist, I have been really suspicious of the world media.
These days I prefer irrefutable photo evidence, and hearing from the politicians themselves.
I'd rather believe nothing and remain undecided about all news concerning Dieziani, than to believe hogwash.
Before I pass my judgement...these two l to take place.
If Tinubu can be described as a saint in this dispensation, then anyone can be a saint.
[/s]
Leave Tinubu alone. He has faced cases both home and abroad and came out a free man. Madam Madueke's woes are just beginning.

The goat must produce our yams - Jonathan 2015

1 Like

Re: Diezani Not In UK Court On Monday – Clerk by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
MizMyColi:

Hmmmm...It's better to be cautious and be proven right later than be emotional, rash and then got proven wrong later.

Delayed gratification is safety.
Re: Diezani Not In UK Court On Monday – Clerk by tolexy007(m): 4:15pm On Oct 05, 2015
grin
Re: Diezani Not In UK Court On Monday – Clerk by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 05, 2015
Immediately i saw Jonathan there in London with chicken and fries over the weekend, i knew this was going to happen shocked

We are watching....

Re: Diezani Not In UK Court On Monday – Clerk by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 4:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
NawaOOOooo
Re: Diezani Not In UK Court On Monday – Clerk by kaboninc(m): 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2015
MizMyColi:

I share in your sentiment.

Also check out Scandal.

It tells you a lot about politics, power struggle and blackmail
Re: Diezani Not In UK Court On Monday – Clerk by MizMyColi(f): 7:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
kaboninc:

I share in your sentiment.

Also check out Scandal.

It tells you a lot about politics, power struggle and blackmail

Well, a time comes in a man's life when you take in happenings around you with all five senses and find yourself asking yourself, what do I stand for?
Why do I do what I do?

If no one on here has asked himself that question, then, *sighs* I reserve my comment.

These politicians we stone, these politicians we shield, how well do we know?
Because a newspaper declares them saints or sinners, then they are?
Do we follow our gut instincts, or do we just want to remain right and prolly give ourselves reasons why we are in the best camp, despite a fledgling foundation.

If you think maintaining your individuality is that easy, spend one month actively on here and see how easy it is to go with the herd mentality.
The chorus part of a song is always easier and sweeter, the solo part, which holds most of the songspiration is usually sang, and learned to the latter by a few.

With the current happenings in the politico-sphere and how one isn't sure what to believe anymore, I have been quiet to a large extent and have had to remind myself why I took active interest in the first place.
I saw a man who rose above the norm, and remained above. I saw a man whose weakness was before me, yet, I saw good in him, someone who willed better for his country. I saw values which resonated with me, one like I've never seen from anyone in the top echelon of power.

Those values are the things I will passionately defend and fight for.

Any other thing/issue is secondary.
Re: Diezani Not In UK Court On Monday – Clerk by MizMyColi(f): 7:46pm On Oct 05, 2015
ayukdaboss:

Leave Tinubu alone. He has faced cases both home and abroad and came out a free man. Madam Madueke's woes are just beginning.

The goat must produce our yams - Jonathan 2015

Can you in good conscience...The court's decision or not, call Tinubu an innocent man, free from every shade of corruption?
Re: Diezani Not In UK Court On Monday – Clerk by MizMyColi(f): 7:47pm On Oct 05, 2015
dearpreye:

Hmmmm...It's better to be cautious and be proven right later than be emotional, rash and then got proven wrong later.

Delayed gratification is safety.

I'm not just cautious. I shudder!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diezani Not In UK Court On Monday – Clerk by babasanti: 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2015
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Gunmen attack Oil Facility In Bayelsa / OMG! Patrick Obahiagbon Is At It Again! / A Letter To Mr President Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.