Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke (1470 Views)

Court Seizes Peter Nwaoboshi's 12-Storey Building Over N1.5bn Contract Scam / Breaking: We Have No Plans To Charge Former Oil Minister Alison Madueke - UK / Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by dotcomnamename: 5:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
The Westminster Magistrate’s Court on Marylebone Road, London, on Monday granted an application for seizure of 27,000 pounds seized from a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke.

Mrs. Alison-Madueke was arrested and later released on bail on Friday for alleged corruption-related offences.
The cash was seized under Section 295 of Proceeds of Crime Act 2012.

By granting the application, which was filed by the UK’s National Crime Agency, the money would be held in the custody of the court until April 5, 2016.

PREMIUM TIMES gathered that although the former minister did not appear today in court, her mother, Beatrice Agama, and another woman, Melanie Spencer, appeared in today’s sitting.

Reports also said a separate application was also made against Ms. Agama for the seizure of an undisclosed amount of money.
PREMIUM TIMES learned that there were indications the money seized by the court was found recently with Mrs. Alison-Madueke as the National Crime Agency applied for the seizure within 48 hours.

PREMIUM TIMES had exclusively reported the arrest of Mrs. Alison-Madueke alongside four others in London on Friday, for offences related to bribery, corruption and money laundering.

An overview of the Proceeds of Crime Act says “The Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (“POCA”) sets out the legislative scheme for the recovery of criminal assets with criminal confiscation being the most commonly used power.

“Confiscation occurs after a conviction has taken place. Other means of recovering the proceeds of crime which do not require a conviction are provided for in the Act, namely civil recovery, cash seizure and taxation powers.

“The aim of the asset recovery schemes in POCA is to deny criminals the use of their assets, recover the proceeds of crime and disrupt and deter criminality.

“Since 2010, more than £746 million of criminal assets has been seized (to 2013/14) across all four methods of recovery – a record amount.
“Over the same period, assets worth more than £2.5 billion have been frozen denying criminals access to these resources and £93 million has been returned to victims,” said a factsheet.

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/191060-uk-court-seizes-27000-pounds-from-former-petroleum-minister-alison-madueke.html
Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by CyberWolf: 5:38pm On Oct 05, 2015
Only? I'm really very interested in this case and I'm very happy it's happening in UK and not this zoo of a country. Let's know if the alleged missing $20B/£13B can be proved.

If they are unable to prove that, at least I will be happy that she is vindicated at last. Knowing that she might be arrested in UK and still decided to reside there after leaving office shows she has nothing to hide. The truth will come out very soon. angry

1 Like

Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by chocolateme(f): 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
Wait oo!! Is it that she doesn't have where to hide all these discovered cash or that she doesn't have distant people to hide it for her? Still trying to understand this woman's situation.
So cash is at every nook and cranny of her residence except banks.
Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by youngelder(m): 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
I see
Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by dotcomnamename: 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
chocolateme:
Wait oo!! Is it that she doesn't have where to hide all these discovered cash or that she doesn't have distant people to hide it for her? Still trying to understand this woman's situation.

Probably she spreads the money... different locations, streets, counties grin
Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by McCarlito(m): 5:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
I don't feel any pity for Politicians.... Cos they don't feel any pity for Nigerians angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by sammyj: 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2015
I can never pity this woman based on her antecedence during he last clueless corrupt administration. Imagine the mum getting involve in this mess. We need to train our children so as to give us peace when we grow old.!!!

1 Like

Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by chocolateme(f): 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2015
dotcomnamename:

Probably she spreads the money... different locations, streets, counties grin
lol
Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by shizzy7(f): 5:57pm On Oct 05, 2015
I'm loving this series of Buharimundi

Last week Saraki, was trending
This week Deiziani is trending
Next week .................fill in the gap
Next 2 weeks saraki again Oct 21,22,23.

In jona's regime, Nigeria had 4 presidents

**Mama patience- Administrative President
**Deiziani- Functional President
**Ngozi Iweala- Ad-Hoc president
**Goodluck Jonathan - Sitting President

4 Likes

Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 05, 2015
Which one be undisclosed amount? I thought this only happens in Nigeria
Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by shizzy7(f): 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2015
chocolateme:
Every material thing you own in this world is all about confidentiality..
Someone somewhere will know its for you...

If it's acquired in a fraudulent way::
*In Nigeria you can hide forever,
*In u.k, you can hide for a short period of time..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2015
£27,000 !!! Are you for real? This is even less than N10million!! So what rule did she violate by been in possession of this money?
Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by downloadwapaz(f): 6:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
Mat
Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by EdCure: 6:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
Too much noise about this Alison woman since after march 28. It's becoming very stale.

Jail the thief already!

2 Likes

Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
SHEGIYA DIEZANI. GOD DON CATCH YHU
Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by EdCure: 6:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
CyberWolf:
Let's know if the alleged missing $20B/£13B can [...] Knowing that she might be arrested in UK and still decided to reside there after leaving office shows she has nothing to hide. The truth will come out very soon. angry
She thought the UK was a safe place to retire after looting career. She had the Umaru Diko saga in mind.
Remember, GEJ vigorously campaigned with the Umaru Diko saga. Now it has boomerang grin

3 Likes

Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by simpleseyi: 6:32pm On Oct 05, 2015
CyberWolf:
Only? I'm really very interested in this case and I'm very happy it's happening in UK and not this zoo of a country. Let's know if the alleged missing $20B/£13B can be proved.

If they are unable to prove that, at least I will be happy that she is vindicated at last. Knowing that she might be arrested in UK and still decided to reside there after leaving office shows she has nothing to hide. The truth will come out very soon. angry

Please kindly tell your brother and former governor of Bayelsa state DSP Alams to travel to U.K., then you will know if your godmother Diezani will live in U.K. after serving her 100 years jail term.

2 Likes

Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by CyberWolf: 6:39pm On Oct 05, 2015
EdCure:

She thought the UK was a safe place to retire after looting career. She had the Umaru Diko saga in mind.
Remember, GEJ vigorously campaigned with the Umaru Diko saga. Now it has boomerang grin
It's a lie..She knows at least with Ibori and Alams experience still fresh in every politicians mind. Even during OBJ vs Joshua Dariye cat n mouse fight, Dariye fled from UK to one of the Korea country, I can't remember, before he got saved.

Even G boys knows that UK is not a safe heaven for financial fraud. So like I said, for Allison to still be in UK shows that she has nothing to hide. Glad the case is in court already.
Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by CyberWolf: 6:40pm On Oct 05, 2015
simpleseyi:

Please kindly tell your brother and former governor of Bayelsa state DSP Alams to travel to U.K., then you will know if your godmother Diezani will live in U.K. after serving her 100 years jail term.
Swerve one side.,
Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by olayincar(m): 7:06pm On Oct 05, 2015
U
McCarlito:
I don't feel any pity for Politicians....
Cos they don't feel any pity for Nigerians angry angry angry angry angry
Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by richidinho(m): 7:26pm On Oct 05, 2015
5months of wastages just to recover £27,000
Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by babasanti: 7:32pm On Oct 05, 2015
D
Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by PassingShot(m): 7:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
CyberWolf:

@ "only?", you shall soon know that this is just the beginning.

Before long, we shall hear of more similar seizures. One thing you need to realize is that the National Crime Agency had been on her case since 2013 and were only unable to effect her arrest so as not to upset the relationship with Nigeria given what they know of GEJ. They surely have good case against her and I don't see how she is getting off the hook.

Her best chance at lesser punishment will be to plead guilty when the time comes. Bookmark this thread.
Re: UK Court Seizes £27,000 Pounds From Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke by CyberWolf: 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
PassingShot:

@ "only?", you shall soon know that this is just the beginning.

Before long, we shall hear of more similar seizures. One thing you need to realize is that the National Crime Agency had been on her case since 2013 and were only unable to effect her arrest so as not to upset the relationship with Nigeria given what they know of GEJ. They surely have good case against her and I don't see how she is getting off the hook.

Her best chance at lesser punishment will be to plead guilty when the time comes. Bookmark this thread.
story for the gods

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

SEE The South-african Lady Who Thinks All Nigerian Women Are Ugly [photos] / Caption This Photo Lovely Photo Of PMB / Is Prof Osinbajo Tired Of Being A Vice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.