Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth (2518 Views)

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / See A Photo Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Mother Who's Linked To Diezani's Looting / How Ex-president Arranged Arrest of Diezani - Silverbirdtv.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by gunpoint(m): 5:26am On Oct 06, 2015
It saddens me to start this piece by first of all stating that the ignorance and insensitivity of Nigerians to the plight we all face as a country baffles me on a daily basis. Here is a country blessed by fate with an abundance of natural resources, gold, limestone, tin, and chief of all, CRUDE. Yes, this piece is about crude, and how Nigeria should be like the United Arab Emirates now. Instead, we are not far off from been like Haiti!!! angry
Let me say it did not dawn on me properly before now, I have only recently emigrated abroad, and here I have met other Africans who marvel at the level of stupidity Nigerians exhibit in the face of the thievery and callousness fostered on us by our political class.

Take for example Zambia!
It is a country of 16 million other Africans, People like us. Some would consider themselves rich in this country, but let us look at the statistics.
Population: 16,000,000 people
National budget for 2015: 46 billion Kwachas = 2.56 billion pounds
External reserve : $3.2 billion USD
National Debt : $4.7 billion pounds
http://www.academia.edu/8749213/2015_Zambia_Budget_Analysis

Money said to have been stolen by Diezani : 13 billion pounds = 234 billion Kwachas
This is FIVE times the budget of another African country!!!
FIVE TIMES
Enough for 16 million people to live on for five years, let that sink in for a moment!!!
And there are other African countries just like this. Infact, it is my estimation that the money stolen by this woman is enough to run some 4 or 5 other African countries. And just because Nigeria has not ground to a halt doesn't diminish the colossal nature of this crime.
Shame on anyone who can speak in favour of this woman! or anyone else accused of such a crime.
Nigeria has become the laughing stock of the world, how can we not see what this people are doing to us? Stealing enough money to run a couple of countries for themselves, and yet we divide our selves and fight ourselves and cry witch hunt, vindication etc, when it was they who witch hunted us through their theft?
Mind you, its not just her, be it the Tinubus, Obasanjos, Atikus, Yaraduas, Yerimas, Mai'derebes(sic), Iboris, Odilis, Orjis, Chimaroke Nnamanis, David Marks, Jonathans, Babangidas, etc, they should all be roundly condemned, by all of us! Because if he/she isn't your father, then you haven't benefitted personally! And this people have short changed all of us! Be you Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Fulani, Bini, Ijaw or what have you, It is as much your money as it is mine. Enough to make us all comfortable. Enough to house, feed, clothe, build roads for 16 million people in Zambia!

This is what Diezani is really accused of, stealing enough money to look after 16,000,000 people for 5years, any sane person should condemn that, if you can't then you are insane and part of the problems plaguing Nigeria!

lalasticlala, seun and other mods, FP maybe?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by ofala(m): 6:00am On Oct 06, 2015
I think any reasonable human being will support detailed investigations on this lady and(or) other public servants (past and present). Those who are calling this "witch-hunt" are not only myopic but are also negatively affected too by the accused evil deeds of this woman.

Subjecting one, whether a former government official or anybody to scrutiny before any competent court of law is always welcome. She has all the right to prove her accusers wrong in the court .

Those who are beginning or had started crying more than the bereaved should save their tears for now because they will need plenty of it if the law courts conclude that this woman really stole public funds to this magnitude

4 Likes

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by respect80(m): 6:03am On Oct 06, 2015
That is the height of stupidity by some foolish fools who call people wailers when ever they say the truth

9ja people b like the picture below

1 Like

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by Nobody: 6:05am On Oct 06, 2015
Op go to court am not interested in e-trial

2 Likes

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:16am On Oct 06, 2015
Those are the people that Fela was refering to when he sang "suffering and smiling."

1 Like

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by gunpoint(m): 6:18am On Oct 06, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Those are the people that Fela was refering to when he sang "suffering and smiling."
NIGERIANS suffering and smiling
It is an eternal truth
Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by gunpoint(m): 6:20am On Oct 06, 2015
ofala:
I think any reasonable human being will support details investigations on this lady and(or) other public servants (past and present). Those who are calling this "witch-hunt" are not only myopic but are also negatively affected too by the accused evil deeds of this woman.

Subjecting one, whether a former government official or anybody to scrutiny before any competent court of law is always welcome. She has all the right to prove her accusers wrong in the court .

Those who are beginning or had started crying more than the bereaved should save their tears for now because they will need plenty of it if the law courts conclude that this woman really stole public funds to this magnitude
Enough to feed 16m people in a nearby country for 5years. And someone says i am only giving her an e-trial.
Thank God for the UK govt sha. Those that call it an e-trial, stay tuned
Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by Pavore9: 6:21am On Oct 06, 2015
l am in for detailed investigation and prosecution of whoever has breeched trust and stolen from the people.

2 Likes

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by gunpoint(m): 6:23am On Oct 06, 2015
Pavore9:
l am in for detailed investigation and prosecution of whoever has breeched trust and stolen from the people.
I am for that too. It is the people that say rubbish like "leave her, she is our sister" that really burst my balls
Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by Pavore9: 6:31am On Oct 06, 2015
gunpoint:

I am for that too. It is the people that say rubbish like "leave her, she is our sister" that really burst my balls

"Leave her/him, s/he is our sister/brother" has been the emotions these public officers take advantage of and what baffles me is that after these people say this they go back to wallow in their lives of deprivation! This is certainly witchcraft in action! angry

1 Like

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by gunpoint(m): 6:40am On Oct 06, 2015
Pavore9:

"Leave her/him, s/he is our sister/brother" has been the emotions these public officers take advantage of and what baffles me is that after these people say this they go back to wallow in their lives of deprivation! This is certainly witchcraft in action! angry
While one single person steals us blind
Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by eph12(m): 6:53am On Oct 06, 2015
Me personally don't believe it's that much. Obviously she laundered our money but £13000000000? Chai

2 Likes

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by modath(f): 6:59am On Oct 06, 2015
gunpoint:

gunpoint:

If anyone had reservations about Baba micro managing Min of Petr, Deizani briggandage has put paid to that..

1 Like

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 06, 2015
OP...what the fucck is wrong with you yoruba people? Can you people fuccking leave this woman alone. This is how you people attacked Oduah, Oteh, Iweala and now Madueke. If you people are serious about corruption, start with Tinubu, Fashola, Akilaja, and your northern masters e.t.c.

Any SS or or SE supporting the prosecution of this beautiful US-trained architect who held a senior management position at Shell...very comfortable woman, you are a big idiot, a vagabond.

This Yoruba wicked heartless people with the blessing of their master...northerners are trying to rubbish SS and SE in the eyes of the world.

3 Likes

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by babasanti: 7:05am On Oct 06, 2015
@ Op they say they are born to rule, no problem. We are born to chop oil money besides its our oil

1 Like

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by goodlifehyd(m): 7:07am On Oct 06, 2015
eph12:
Me personally don't believe it's that much. Obviously she laundered our money but £13000000000? Chai
Atleast this figures aint coming from sahara reporters whom everyone already labelled as an APC media wing, The said amount was apprehended when she was trying to buy a house, that is to show she got way more than that. Cuz what i am really sure about is you can't buy a house with your last penny. Once you leave the shores of Nigeria, you will know all those poo we celebrate back home are mere things you entitled to as a citizen. Good roads, water, constant light, very very cheap call and data rate and alot of things.

1 Like

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by onyengbu: 7:18am On Oct 06, 2015
as long as you keep using APC sharia reporters figures, you will never make sense in your posts...

1 Like

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by gunpoint(m): 7:24am On Oct 06, 2015
babasanti:
@ Op they say they are born to rule, no problem. We are born to chop oil money besides its our oil
And now you are out of the corridors of "chopping"? What now?
Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by gunpoint(m): 7:31am On Oct 06, 2015
new2020:
OP...what the fucck is wrong with you yoruba people? Can you people fuccking leave this woman alone. This is how you people attacked Oduah, Oteh, Iweala and now Madueke. If you people are serious about corruption, start with Tinubu, Fashola, Akilaja, and your northern masters e.t.c.

Any SS or or SE supporting the prosecution of this beautiful US-trained architect who held a senior management position at Shell...very comfortable woman, you are a big idiot, a vagabond.

This Yoruba wicked heartless people with the blessing of their master...northerners are trying to rubbish SS and SE in the eyes of the world.
Therein lies our collective problem as a nation. How much do you have in your personal bank account? Cos though yes i am Yoruba, i certainly do not have 10,000 pounds in mine. And before you go further, i name checked all the Yorubas you have mentioned. Their theft stikes closer to home for me than say an Orji, and i look forward to the day a Tinubu will be docked and rightly jailed for what he has(is doing) to Yoruba money. But this is the one in the dock now, not in Nigeria but in the UK, my question is how can you support such brigandry? What is your personal benefit? undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by goodlifehyd(m): 7:31am On Oct 06, 2015
So TheSun UK is also own by sahara reporters? smh for the kind of youths we got back home
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6675651/Nigerian-oil-minister-nicked-over-13billion.html
onyengbu:
as long as you keep using APC sharia reporters figures, you will never make sense in your posts...

1 Like

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by goodlifehyd(m): 7:33am On Oct 06, 2015
To show how gullible and senseless you are, so saraki that is being tried is also an igbo man, last i checked those fools who displayed their illiteracy at the front of senate building were your brothers from the SE so stop being a fool and face the fact.
new2020:

3 Likes

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by goodlifehyd(m): 7:36am On Oct 06, 2015
You have time to educate the animal, last time i was at a park a white dude walked up to me, while discussing immediately he heard i was from nigeria, the dude was like i have to be related to a politician to leave the shores of Nigeria cuz all nigerians are poor except the politicians whom we all worship instead of strangle to death.
gunpoint:

Therein lies our collective problem as a nation. How much do you have in your personal bank account? Cos though yes i am Yoruba, i certainly do not have 10,000 pounds in mine. And before you go further, i name checked all the Yorubas you have mentioned. Their theft stikes closer to home for me than say an Orji, and i look forward to the day a Tinubu will be docked and rightly jailed for what he has(is doing) to Yoruba money. But this is the one in the dock now, not in Nigeria but in the UK, my question is how can you support such brigandry? What is your personal benefit? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by gunpoint(m): 7:51am On Oct 06, 2015
goodlifehyd:
You have time to educate the animal, last time i was at a park a white dude walked up to me, while discussing immediately he heard i was from nigeria, the dude was like i have to be related to a politician to leave the shores of Nigeria cuz all nigerians are poor except the politicians whom we all worship instead of strangle to death.
Hahaha... i swear that has happened to me too. Poor lowly self funded student like me. White people cannot understand how we live with this politicians and with ourselves.
The speaker of the Australian Parliament was sacked 2months ago for hiring a private helicopter for $5,227AUD =N758,000 instead of flying by commercial airliner. Not 1million naira!
The house of Representatives of Nigeria proved that Diezani was renting two private jets, TWO gaddammit!
For $10,000USD per day each when it was not flying $130,000USD each when it actually flew. Who flew in this jet pray ask? He sons when going to uni abroad or going on holidays across the world. Mind this isnt a Sahara report, this is by the Federal House of Representatives!!! And the speaker here in Australia was fired for a fraction of Diezani's crime. When will Nigerians open their eyes? Until we all roundly condemn these leaders irrespective of tribal affiliations, Nigeria will still be a safe haven for corruption.
Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 06, 2015
What is the difference between tribalism and racism... tribalism is when diezanni steals our money and we all say na our sister, she is being witch-hunted..

1 Like

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by babasanti: 7:58am On Oct 06, 2015
gunpoint:
And now you are out of the corridors of "chopping"? What now?
We return to the creek to continue the chopping from there

1 Like

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by onyengbu: 8:01am On Oct 06, 2015
goodlifehyd:
So TheSun UK is also own by sahara reporters? smh for the kind of youths we got back home
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6675651/Nigerian-oil-minister-nicked-over-13billion.html
if you know a bit about uk sun, then you 'd understand they arent much different from shariz reporters. The only difference is that while sharia reporters is political wing, Sun Uk are sensationalists..

2 Likes

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by malton: 8:05am On Oct 06, 2015
This woman is legendary. Her thieving story is one for the ages. The kind that when you tell your unborn kids about, they'll grin with envy that you lived up the experience all alone. Anenih na learner where this woman dey!

1 Like

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by Day169: 8:10am On Oct 06, 2015
These figures are just obscene! Monies I may never count in 10 life times. ..I'm beginning to have a headache. Someone please get me some "alabukun"!

1 Like

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by gunpoint(m): 8:15am On Oct 06, 2015
babasanti:

We return to the creek to continue the chopping from there
Hahaha...
Shoot people and get shot at.
While your sister Diezani is trying to buy a house in Hyde park. A house you can never be invited to or allowed into. My belief was that education would liberate a people, in Nigeria, it only imprisons us more.
Off to the creek with you then bro, no need to waste time. If and when you get shot/killed, i hope Diezani will spare something for your treatment/funeral

1 Like

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by eph12(m): 8:15am On Oct 06, 2015
goodlifehyd:
Atleast this figures aint coming from sahara reporters whom everyone already labelled as an APC media wing, The said amount was apprehended when she was trying to buy a house, that is to show she got way more than that. Cuz what i am really sure about is you can't buy a house with your last penny. Once you leave the shores of Nigeria, you will know all those poo we celebrate back home are mere things you entitled to as a citizen. Good roads, water, constant light, very very cheap call and data rate and alot of things.
A news headline once read "millions found at Deizani house" later another said 1.2 million. Another said she was in court yesterday then later it was found out to be not true. Do you know what £13billion is? And it was reported that she was trying to buy a house whereas that money could buy the whole park and not just a house there. So where is the logic in she trying to buy a house when she could buy the whole park.

1 Like

Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by gunpoint(m): 8:17am On Oct 06, 2015
Day169:
These figures are just obscene! Monies I may never count in 10 life times. ..I'm beginning to have a headache. Someone please get me some "alabukun"!
Your 10 lifetimes?
Dude we are talking in the 10 lifetimes of those 16 million Zambians, not yours sef
Re: The Actual Magnitude Of Diezani's Theft Of Our Commonwealth by gunpoint(m): 8:19am On Oct 06, 2015
eph12:

A news headline once read "millions found at Deizani house" later another said 1.2 million. Another said she was in court yesterday then later it was found out to be not true. Do you know what £13billion is? And it was reported that she was trying to buy a house whereas that money could buy the whole park and not just a house there. So where is the logic in she trying to buy a house when she could buy the whole park.
Thats exactly what the article was saying, that why did ahe not buy the whole of Hyde park? Not that one house was worth 13billion. She was going to buy a house from the money not with all of it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Panel To Examine Petition Against Amaechi / Russia Sends Nuclear War Signals To Turkey / Rejoinder: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today - Political Failure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.