Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,317 members, 7,864,517 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:43 PM

Mystery Part!!!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mystery Part!!!!! (940 Views)

Tesla Teases A Mystery Car In New Video.It Could Be The Upcoming Model Y CUV / Mystery Aux Cable Lexus Rx 330 2005 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mystery Part!!!!! by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 06, 2015
Found this under my suv drivers seat, still confused about what it is and its
function.
There was no connection to it when it was found
All ideas are welcome
Vehicle 2004 acura mdx
Thank you

Re: Mystery Part!!!!! by adanny01(m): 7:35am On Oct 06, 2015
I guess your keyless entry isnt working, unless you installed an after market unit.
Re: Mystery Part!!!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:35am On Oct 06, 2015
It's not a mystery part it was clearly butchered from your vehicle.
Re: Mystery Part!!!!! by mayor2013: 7:40am On Oct 06, 2015
This was actually removed from your car. This is your factory installed immobiliser control unit. I fink it has been by passed already by my good bro "kazeem" @ op to confirm lock all doors removing your key from thr ignition cylinder. Observe if your red security light flashes. Kazeem never wanted to go the faxtory way so he went the backyard way grin
Re: Mystery Part!!!!! by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 06, 2015
mayor2013:
This was actually removed from your car. This is your factory installed immobiliser control unit. I fink it has been by passed already by my good bro "kazeem" @ op to confirm lock all doors removing your key from thr ignition cylinder. Observe if your red security light flashes. Kazeem never wanted to go the faxtory way so he went the backyard way grin
it does flash..I ve no problems with my vehicle security
where is this part normally found in this vehicle? I do have a feeling it was replaced by the 1st owner and maybe forgot d replaced under the seat.
I welcome more ideas
Re: Mystery Part!!!!! by adanny01(m): 7:56am On Oct 06, 2015
Does your key have entry buttons on it? If no, did your car come with key fob? If any of the anawers is yes, is it working? If no, there you have it.

I also think it may be a module for seat heater or power seat.
Re: Mystery Part!!!!! by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 06, 2015
adanny01:
Does your key have entry buttons on it? If no, did your car come with key fob? If any of the anawers is yes, is it working? If no, there you have it.

I also think it may be a module for seat heater or power seat.
It came with an Acura key fob which is still working
The seat heater and power seat are top notch
Re: Mystery Part!!!!! by kingreign(m): 8:33am On Oct 06, 2015
Justtobor:

it does flash..I ve no problems with my vehicle security
where is this part normally found in this vehicle? I do have a feeling it was replaced by the 1st owner and maybe forgot d replaced under the seat.
I welcome more ideas

Call the 1st owner to confirm what it is if you bought it naija used.
Re: Mystery Part!!!!! by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 06, 2015
kingreign:

Call the 1st owner to confirm what it is if you bought it naija used.
I am the 1st naija owner grin
Re: Mystery Part!!!!! by kingreign(m): 9:41am On Oct 06, 2015
Justtobor:

I am the 1st naija owner grin

Oya call the first oyinbo owner wink
Re: Mystery Part!!!!! by kablooee: 9:56am On Oct 06, 2015
This is the power seat memory module. If your seat memory is still working using the buttons on the door then it was probably replaced and left there which I doubt since it wasn't done by a KZ.

2 Likes

Re: Mystery Part!!!!! by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 06, 2015
Ok i now get it
The driver's seat the car came with was bad so i had to get another drivers seat
My mdx is a base trim and doesnt come with memory seats
I am sensing the 'mystery part' came with the toks seat and was chunked off cos it wasnt useful.
Thanks for the contributions

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How To Replace Your Brake Pad In 6 Easy Steps / A Bugatti Chiron For $1.2 Million? Yep, Must Be Legit / Dubai Launches World’s First Self-flying Taxis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.