Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

1004 Building In All 52 Local Government In Lagos? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 1004 Building In All 52 Local Government In Lagos? (3042 Views)

Which Is The Tallest Building In Lagos? / Burning Building In Warri Today (Photos) / Checkout The First Storey Building In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1004 Building In All 52 Local Government In Lagos? by luckiest: 2:56pm On Apr 22, 2009
Each time I pass along the Lekki Express Way just after Ozumba, I see this magnificent building called the 1004. God knows I can leave at the top floor without lift, the location and everything around the building makes me feel like leaving there.

Coming out from the Island I kept wondering why can't our government replicate these type of structure around the state and sell it to people and ensure that occupants pay a controlled price.

I even see us doing something better that the 1004, all due respect to Ajegunle residence I was born there so no disrespect; looking at AJ from the wideness, I believe it can take up to 10 1004 at a go or even more, Orile, Agege, Amukoko, Ijora, Agboju, most part of Alimosho, Okokomaiko etc; the time has come for us to do something to the housing need of the people and ensure that lands are not wasted, because correct me if am wrong, building bungalow in a city like Lagos should be completely abolished; we should encourage people to form cooperative and build a minimum of 8 storey build on a plot and ensure that they construct underground car park, so that there will be enough spaces for recreational activities. We should realise that our population is growing and the era of building bungalow all in the name of owning a house should be stopped; visit Isheri area along the New Lasu Road, and imagine up to 5 1004 there.

1 Like

Re: 1004 Building In All 52 Local Government In Lagos? by luckiest: 3:55pm On Apr 22, 2009
so in order to truly fix our housing need in Lagos steps needs to be taken to recreate another 1004, or call it 2008 or 4016 depending on the available spaces; if there can be adequate movement of people or resettlement or temporary accomodation; I will suggest that the government move into slums and first relocate the people in phases, develop the site and return them; example is to take like 10 street, relocate the people to a temoporary accomodation, erect the building and infrastructures, then neatly and quitely return the occupants based on their previous capacity but a decent accomodation; we can task the architect to design a standard one room, one parlour and one room, one parlour and two rooms and one parlour and three rooms all with toilets, store and kitchen.

If our architect cannot design decent and affodable accomodate at low cost with very good material so that the apartment could be sold at affordable rates, then we should turn to the Chinese or Japanese for solution because we all can attest to their architectural masterpiece if the building is about 10 storey previous owners ofthe land should get at least one or two apartment and also share in the sale of other apartments and if possible to make it more appealing to land owner the land and/or part of the property should be returned to the owners after 50 years or thereabout.

The state should also ensure that enough recreational spaces are provided and all parking spaces should be underground, these should give enough spaces for schools, hospitals, markets etc, all must come with similar underground car parking experience; private schools should think of coming together to create a standing school with enough space for sporting and social activities; markets should have underground car parks as well as hospitals; garden expart should not be left out, they should be part of the design to ensure that every floor on each of the buildings has spaces for flowers or a small garden that must be put to use; with simple regulation I believe our people can live in houses like this and when one can find affordable one room apartment in a condusive environment they will be more organised; lets send our contribution and make sure it is constructive, who knows? people in authority might be visiting Nairaland. Oga Fashola, this or even more is possible and affordable

1 Like

Re: 1004 Building In All 52 Local Government In Lagos? by osculate(m): 6:23pm On Apr 22, 2009
Best write up I've ever seen on nairaland.
Re: 1004 Building In All 52 Local Government In Lagos? by foye57(m): 6:20pm On Apr 23, 2009
impressive! food for thought!
Re: 1004 Building In All 52 Local Government In Lagos? by DisGuy: 12:09am On Apr 25, 2009
very good idea, i was thinking about this the other day, but i reckon it will only work in 'high end' area where people
generally have to pay more for quality and service, they generally will be cleaner, moderate families

with our maintenance culture, high rise buildings wouldn't last too long in densely populated low income areas
Re: 1004 Building In All 52 Local Government In Lagos? by luckiest: 7:03pm On Apr 25, 2009
we can seek the assistance from the Chinese, Japanese and the entire Asian tigers because they seems to have gotten a way of salvaging their own; because a friend of mine who stayed in Asia actually lived in one of the tall buildings and from all I know about him he is not rich. I will like to suggest that the government should get expart to design the building in such a way that the one room ensuite, one room and parlour ensuite, two rooms and parlour ensuite and three rooms and parlour ensuite will be available on every floor.

In the area of maintainance effort should be made to enact a law that will protect all area of the building both inside and outside regardless of the status of the occupant of the apartments; if the government is really serious about housing this is the key to our housing need; we have to reduce the use spaces; it is possible to have the car park for every ten building built under the sport center in such a way that you won't find any car parked around the premises of the buildings, yet there will be enough recreational areas.
Re: 1004 Building In All 52 Local Government In Lagos? by luckiest: 7:23pm On Apr 25, 2009
in areas where we have poor quality houses, we could reach an agreement with the land lord and bring down the houses after proper relocation of occupants, then the new building can start in phases on tens (10s), and as soon as it is completed new and previous occupants should be allowed to move in, while the next phase be commences.
Re: 1004 Building In All 52 Local Government In Lagos? by lastpage: 2:55am On May 01, 2009
My name is "Nigerian Government" and l want to respond to your suggestion by saying "we are too busy stealing and looting the national treasury, too busy creating unnecessary burdens for our citizens and most of all, we are very busy perfecting the next scam to lay our itchy fingers on the oil revenues" , so, pls, we wont even look in the direction of this your noble suggestion! grin

Ever wonder why all these years, good suggestions just die a natural death while those who are supposed to make use of them (even if they cant use their own brain to create one) just go about in flowing Agbada and still win the next election?
Hmmmmm, Naija!!

lastpage
Re: 1004 Building In All 52 Local Government In Lagos? by luckiest: 6:05pm On May 12, 2009
The idea behind the new tejuosho market marvelled me because that is the direction we should go in build house; the new tejuosho market has underground car park which I find laudable because it give the designer options to play with space. The tejuosho market should be an eye opener, although it is not new to architect, they should revisit the idea as they will find more space to create other important option for the owner of the project , http://www.tejuoshomarket.com/

Re: 1004 Building In All 52 Local Government In Lagos? by lastpage: 9:17am On May 18, 2009
www.tejuoshomarket.com
With our penchant for putting the Cart before the Horse, it doesn't take a magician to wonder what will become of these beautiful edifices we are building, in a few years time, knowing fully well that you cant manage such hings properly, without electricity and in our Nigeria, its easier to eneter heaven than to have three hours of electricity in a day!
Strange Nation, Comic Leaders, funny citizens lipsrsealed shocked

(1) (Reply)

Water Taiker Suppliers@magodo Gra,ogudu,shagisha,vi,& For Builders, / HOT SALES-LANDS AT LEKKI 1 FOR SALE AT AFFORDABLE PRICES. / Available And Affordable Luxury Apartment At Lekki Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.