Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,156 members, 7,821,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. (36145 Views)

Benefits Of Rearing Animals(my Farm And I) / Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers / Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by Lilimax(f): 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
dason4life:
OMG!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Naija also eat Ostriches too?

I tire o!
Ostrich again undecided.
Shey an the same thing with Tolotolo? Pardon my ignorance! smiley

1 Like

Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by Dyt(f): 4:36pm On Oct 08, 2015
Abeg what's ostrich in Yoruba?
Is it not that bird that has long neck and picks anything peckable
Hmmm
If they are angry
You eye
Head will be pecked off
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 08, 2015
MadCow1:
Bwahaha... You are really suffering from madcow disease!
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by basille(m): 5:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
The world would be a better place if we could stop killing animals for selfish purposes.
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by LeOstrich: 5:17pm On Oct 08, 2015
[size=18pt]Seun, delete this thread asap![/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by rusher14: 5:19pm On Oct 08, 2015
Dyt:
Abeg what's ostrich in Yoruba?
Is it not that bird that has long neck and picks anything peckable
Hmmm
If they are angry
You eye
Head will be pecked off
They've got talons on their feet with which they impale perceived enemies. Those sword -like talons are capable of killing a man if pierced through vital organs.

I think the op needs to shed light on the dangers associated with these creatures.
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 08, 2015
MadCow1:

Hhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahaa
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by Hongbenga(m): 5:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
NATION WIDE DELIVERY Ask Me For Your Christian Memory Card. Now The CRM 4 & 8GB Memory Card Comes With 17 TREASURES OF TREMENDOUS VALUE : (1) Audio BIBLES in 4-Languages, (Listen to God's Word in Hausa, Yourba, Igbo & English (2) 200 Specially Selected Gospel Songs (3) 20 BIBLE Versions (Java, Android & Text) (4) 100 Vital VIDEOS (+Passion of the Christ) (5) 100 Vital VIDEOS of HYMNS (with Lyrics) (6) 100 Christian BOOKS on Vital Topics (7) 500 Inspiring Gospel IMAGES (cool 150 Amazing PSALMS (9) Entire Bible PROVERBS (A wisdom bank) (10) 10 Special Christian CARTOONS (11) Collation of all the PRAYERS in the Bible (12) 40 Vital Christian Webpages (13) 40 Amazing Messages on PROSPERITY (14) 40 Amazing Messages on HEALING (15) 40 Amazing Messages on WISDOM (16) 40 Amazing Messages on RELATIONSHIP & MARRIAGE (Highly Informative) (17) PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE : Holy Ghost's Messages (From January - July) . To get this Card, Call CRM to send you Cards as Agent Meet our Agent at REDEEMER's University Chapel EDE. OR REDEMPTION Camp at back of Prayer Foyer. All across this nation we have received text messages and Calls of people commending this initiative as well as asking to be CRM Agents in their Churches. By the inspiration of the Spirit of GOD we have packaged and loaded into 8GB Memory Cards everything that will elevate a person towards godliness; everything that will amplify a person’s scriptural knowledge and spirituality; everything that will enormously enhance a person’s life and ministry, everything that is relevant and highly impactful; everything that will give Godly fun and inspiration. It is indeed TREASURE BEYOND MEASURE. Our Mandate is to enrich Christians Nationwide with Godly media items for Spiritual Edge; in as much as the media has one of the strongest influences in everyone’s life. My friends, It is Expedient to take advantage of this offer and kindly tell friends about it as well. Shalom! TEl: 07031843066, 08155723812, 09037481102.

1 Like

Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by Smooyis(m): 5:36pm On Oct 08, 2015
Great info. Tnx. The way of agriculture is the way of development.
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by confirmer1: 5:57pm On Oct 08, 2015
What a nice post
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by engrshakespeare: 5:57pm On Oct 08, 2015
gift01:
Was expecting to see pictures of the Ostriches.... instead na one man picture I see (I no call any tribe oh)

As u see dat man, u don see ostrich be dat ma. grin

1 Like

Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by engrshakespeare: 6:00pm On Oct 08, 2015
Your Advice For New Entrants
Arinze advises farmers and agric business enthusiasts to give ostrich farming a try. This is because ostrich[b] is obviously the meat of the future[/b]. A lot of people are no more eating cow meat because of its high cholesterol content, so people coming into ostrich farming now stand a lot of chances of making it because of its profitability.

Word. Meat of the future indeed

1 Like

Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 6:04pm On Oct 08, 2015
holamiday:
Ostrich? Who eats or needs ostriches? Those birds are very disgusting.
We eat crocodiles and snakes and you say ostriches are disgusting? Na wa o!
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by savodway(m): 6:15pm On Oct 08, 2015
Where can sum1 get it frm
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by ThundrCork(m): 6:22pm On Oct 08, 2015
Nice
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by trysheed(m): 6:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
intresting
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by mjuzikid(m): 7:03pm On Oct 08, 2015
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by whirlwind7(m): 7:46pm On Oct 08, 2015
I paid a visit to an ostritch farm somewhere in Ikorodu earlier this year. While we got talking, I told the owner I would like to buy one of the birds...I felt that I can have one trot and prance around in my compound, as well as teaching it to give my little girl a ride.

The man told me that he would sell the bird for N350k. I felt he was joking...told him there's no way I would shell out that much cash for the bird.

Later, I realized the fellow was all business. Wondering how these birds could be that expensive. Pics I took below:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by Sibrah: 8:47pm On Oct 08, 2015
Farming is still a highly rewarding occupation any day any time. Every single acre of un-cultivated land is a wasted opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 08, 2015
holamiday:
Ostrich? Who eats or needs ostriches? Those birds are very disgusting.

Ostrich is a very good meat.A mature ostrich's meat can be compared to beef of a cow.
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by ibrokola(m): 10:54pm On Oct 08, 2015
eazysmiles:
The bulk of the chicken we eat in this country are imported yet we still want to go into Ostrich farming.
Naija I hail ooo. I think poverty is killing our sense of reasoning in this country.
What r u talking about? Nigerians are killing our poultry market by not patronizing it because imported chickens are cheaper!
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by Dolypson04(m): 12:20am On Oct 09, 2015
Sounds good but ostriches can be dangerous to keep. A peck can kill a four year old child.
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by akwunmi(m): 6:27am On Oct 09, 2015
belloahmad:
[img]http://successdigestonline.com/files/large/0b624444a9c8abb[/img]Arinze Onebunne, CEO, Jovana Farms

This is an Interview conducted by success digest with a successful ostrich farmer..

http://successdigestonline.com/articles/view/why-ostrich-farming-is-more-profitable-than-chicken-or-turkey
well said but u haven't told us D risk of having DIS animal around human.....is it dangerous or friendly??
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by walozanga(m): 8:11am On Oct 09, 2015
This sounds like a good business bt my problem with it will be the market and the demand. If it's on high demand at least I can start on a small scale cos I love the digit the arinze mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by alvins4ull(m): 10:25am On Oct 09, 2015
My brother the digits raise eyebrow o,after going through the write-up the thing they do me shasangolo-shasangolo."but i hear say de tin fit kill person o".
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by importexpert(m): 11:25am On Oct 09, 2015
good morning to everyone on the thread
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by raymondhill: 12:58pm On Oct 09, 2015
EXPORT OPPORTUNITY FOR OSTRICH PRODUCTS AND OTHER AGRO COMMODITIES
Ostrich farming is very profitable if done with proper guidelines. The by-products include ostrich eggs, ostrich meat, oil and feathers. The current trend of world meat consumption shows that the pig and poultry consumption is gaining ascendancy.For those of you interested in ostrich farming,I will share an online resource base that you will find very useful. The site is www.http://world-ostrich.org/.
If you are interested in starting your own export-import business,then you may find my package useful. Send an email to raymondhilnig@yahoo.com
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by Billygee2u: 1:06am On Oct 10, 2015
belloahmad:
[img]http://successdigestonline.com/files/large/0b624444a9c8abb[/img]Arinze Onebunne, CEO, Jovana Farms

This is an Interview conducted by success digest with a successful ostrich farmer..

http://successdigestonline.com/articles/view/why-ostrich-farming-is-more-profitable-than-chicken-or-turkey
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. by MightyFortress: 1:53am On Oct 10, 2015
lovely

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Burundi: Farmer Finds New Technique For Preserving Tomatoes / Photos Of Tuta Absoluta(tomatoe Ebola) In My Farm / Ibom Coconut Refinery Taking Shape… Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.