Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole (16189 Views)

Jonathan Spent Huge Money To Stop Ambode From Becoming Lagos Governor - Tinubu / Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers / Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by Aminat508(f): 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2015
Edo State Governor, Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, on Tuesday said he was not surprised by the current travails of a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Maduekwe, in the United Kingdom because it was an open secret that the nation’s economy was badly managed over the years.

He said despite the media hype by the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan that it rebased the economy, he did not see anybody that said average Nigerians did better under the administration.

Oshiomhole spoke with State House correspondents after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The governor said, “For me, I don’t think anybody should be surprised (about the former minister’s travails) because the most favourable commentator on the Nigerian condition, both the economy, the polity and society, everybody agrees that our economy was badly managed over the past several years. I have not seen one commentator that disagrees.

“Even when they talk about rebasing, and so what? Have you rebased the level of poverty? Have you rebased prosperity? Have you rebased unemployment? Have you rebased homelessness? Have you rebased hunger?

“So, I have not seen anyone that says Nigerian people are doing better. This was never my issue. I was only a spokesman of the National Economic Council.

“But in this country, when you speak out, all the arrows would be fashioned to attack. But one of the things I learnt in life at the age of 17 when I got into the leadership of labour, is that the truth does not require supporters club. It can stand on its feet any day. You can hit it. You can kick it. You can bomb it, but you can’t destroy it.”

Oshiomhole claimed that the truth is that a lot of money was stolen under Jonathan’s watch.

He said the ones currently being revealed as far as the ongoing travails of Alison-Maduekwe is concerned could only be described as a tip of the iceberg.

He said one would understand the unfortunate situation the country had found itself when one considers the money that accrued to Nigeria consistently over a period of time and yet the budget was being run in deficit and the treasury emptied.

The governor added, “The truth is that a lot of money was stolen and what you are seeing is just a tip of the iceberg because when you imagine what accrued to Nigeria consistently from $140 (per barrel) averaging $108 over a long period of time and yet your treasury is empty and you were running a budget deficit.

“You were devoting 85 percent of your budget for four consecutive years on recurrent; you were borrowing and you drew the entire pensions fund.

“Yesterday, I saw a lot of analysis of how pension funds should be invested on infrastructure.

“You challenge Pencom and Ministry of Finance, you will discover that over N3.5tn was drawn by the previous government from pension funds to support recurrent expenditure, not to support infrastructure

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-spent-n3-5tn-pension-fund-on-recurrent-expenditure-oshiomhole/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by modath(f): 6:32pm On Oct 06, 2015
Where does Oshio find the time to govern that state? cheesy

He is in a permanent Jona attack mode...

Did Jona make a play for Iara ni? smiley

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by sammyj: 6:35pm On Oct 06, 2015
Pa Oshimole should stop this media trail, provide fact, talk less and Sue GEJ to court!!! undecided

114 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 06, 2015
Oshiomole again? angry When will this big mouth rest?

We all know Jonathan is a huge thief but not corrupt.

21 Likes

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by madridguy(m): 6:37pm On Oct 06, 2015
OSHO BABA NAKIN GEJ APAKO SINCE BUHARI ENTA SIT.

POLITICIAN, OUR GREATEST NIGHTMARE SINCE YEAR 1914.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by Greyworld: 6:38pm On Oct 06, 2015
Every one knows GEJ and his ministers stole. Now the "saints" are there so they should do their jobs and allow us some quiet.

Mean while even in power APC stil dey play opposition.

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by psucc(m): 6:40pm On Oct 06, 2015
Oshiomhole again?
Somebody should please chain this man.

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by Joyi: 6:41pm On Oct 06, 2015
Adams is making this govt look childish. Lying is an integrity issue and Adams should know that. His statement these days is not only laughable but misleading. It is unfortunate, if this is the change we asked for.

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:41pm On Oct 06, 2015
He missed trending

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by mars123(m): 6:42pm On Oct 06, 2015
It is known here in the jungle that oga GEJ went to aso rock to flex life, and flex life he did, extremely well.

But what I wont allow is this short fool to continue criticizing when the APC too has not CHANGEd a sinlge Nigerian life.

If there was massive looting, thieving and wastage when crude oil prices were $108 per bbl, I think a responsible government devoid of these vices will be able to utilize a 50% cut effectively to the benefit of all Nigerians.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by BCISLTD: 6:46pm On Oct 06, 2015
angry arrest them na

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2015
too bad that my Governor has abandoned my state and his duties and is now minister of attack. I used to like this man but he Don fall my hand walai

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by merry02(m): 7:30pm On Oct 06, 2015
The garrulous Oshomole is here again?

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by p1jiobi: 7:30pm On Oct 06, 2015
Its seems there is a connection with height deficiency and lies telling. El-rufai and oshimolo are the most prolific liars ever known in our political space. Oshimolo pls take your ugly face and your mouth filled with pusssssy juice outa my face.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by ogb5(m): 7:34pm On Oct 06, 2015
What Ashawohole lost in height he is making up with mouth.

I think there should be a law banning politicians from marrying from Cape Verde. The girl is making Ashawohole go crazy.

33 Likes

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by ionsman: 7:36pm On Oct 06, 2015
Oshiomhole should shut the fvck up and come repair Aduwawa road.
Idiot.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by osaslord500(m): 7:36pm On Oct 06, 2015
Osho park well ,and leave Edo state, u self na scam!!

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by damton(m): 7:36pm On Oct 06, 2015
Sometimes when I ponder about how GEJ and his team have wrecked the economy, I just can't help but excited that they've been ousted. God bless PMB. Anybody can say whatever.

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by Simitrendy: 7:36pm On Oct 06, 2015

travails of Alison-Maduekwe is
concerned could only be described as a tip of the
iceberg.

Mores still coming

cc Ngozi Okonjo Iweala , Goodluck Jonathan and

Patience Jonathan

You never see anything yet!

Off to the next one

Wailing Wailers

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by shegelu: 7:36pm On Oct 06, 2015
Are you saying the truth this time, Mr Gov?
Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by omusiliyu(m): 7:36pm On Oct 06, 2015
Adams... The most active APC governor wailers.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by ZACHIE: 7:37pm On Oct 06, 2015
Shior
Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by gokay11(m): 7:37pm On Oct 06, 2015
DAT Lara girl don carry OSho baba brain comot

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by jerryunit48: 7:37pm On Oct 06, 2015
Kai ! This Short man don Start again, make him swear to God and then to the gods of ishan say that loan wey him take say him no go take some flex with that him wife . Make him go sit down jooor

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by youngice(m): 7:37pm On Oct 06, 2015
The way oshiomole goes around accusing Jonathan's administration you would think that he was lobbying for a political appointment.
Osho baba the past is in the past and our president is on a mission to move Nigeria forward and recover lost and laundered funds
Osho baba should stop crying wolf and concentrate on moving Edo state to the next level

Young Nigerian speaking

Whatsapp group for political, socio-economic and cultural discussions .

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by capip120(m): 7:38pm On Oct 06, 2015
Iara why nah? sad
Abeg release Osho for us so that he can start acting normal again grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 06, 2015
. “But in this country, when you speak out, all
the arrows would be fashioned to attack. But
one of the things I learnt in life at the age of
17 when I got into the leadership of labour, is
that the truth does not require supporters club.
It can stand on its feet any day. You can hit it.
You can kick it. You can bomb it, but you can’t
destroy it.”
bitter truth .... never will any otueke man lead this country again ...

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by alaoeri: 7:38pm On Oct 06, 2015
Oshiomhole don turn to presidential spokesman. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by kennyman2000(m): 7:38pm On Oct 06, 2015
Oshimole again..

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole by ademoladeji(m): 7:38pm On Oct 06, 2015
And so? Let's move on and leave the past where it belongs...
Aminat508, leave Jonah matter n let's deal with the present n future!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me – Obasanjo / BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate / Disqualification: Set Aside High Court Judgement, Ize-Iyamu Tells Appeal Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.