Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,661 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Meet The First Generation Of Nigerian Lawmakers To Scale The Fence In 1962 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The First Generation Of Nigerian Lawmakers To Scale The Fence In 1962 (664 Views)

Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara / Buhari As A Young Cadet Officer In 1962 (Photo) / Meet The First Generation Of Nigerian Lawmakers To Scale The Fence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The First Generation Of Nigerian Lawmakers To Scale The Fence In 1962 by McCarlito(m): 6:58pm On Oct 06, 2015
McCarlito:

One thing about history is that it always repeats itself.

The idea of scaling through the gates and walls of the National Assembly didn’t start with Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila and his ”gang’.

The Western House of Assembly members pictured while trying to escape a tear gassed assembly during the 1962 Western Political crisis.

The incident which transpired over 50 years ago shares “striking resemblance” to the National Assembly invasion which happened last year in Abuja with the only difference being that the lawmakers were trying to get into the tear gassed complex rather than get out.

In 1962, the leader of the Action Group (AG), Chief Obafemi Awolowo accused his deputy, Samuel Ladoke Akintola (Premier of Western Nigeria) of trying to supplant him as Leader of the party..

In May 1962 with the Western House of Assembly set to remove Akintola after the party had earlier passed a vote of no confidence in the premier in a party meeting, crisis erupted on the floor of the house.

Cc: dominique

Source: http://xsouth.com/meet-the-first-generation-of-nigerian-lawmakers-to-scale-the-fence-in-1962-photo/
Re: Meet The First Generation Of Nigerian Lawmakers To Scale The Fence In 1962 by Republlican(f): 6:59pm On Oct 06, 2015
Re: Meet The First Generation Of Nigerian Lawmakers To Scale The Fence In 1962 by teadrake(m): 7:12pm On Oct 06, 2015
Let me guess,Fence Jumping is hereditary bah??
Re: Meet The First Generation Of Nigerian Lawmakers To Scale The Fence In 1962 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2015
lol
Re: Meet The First Generation Of Nigerian Lawmakers To Scale The Fence In 1962 by Ugomba(m): 7:20pm On Oct 06, 2015
LOL.. this country sef
Re: Meet The First Generation Of Nigerian Lawmakers To Scale The Fence In 1962 by Maximillian1: 7:21pm On Oct 06, 2015
Gbam!!! I always had a feeling that the fence climbing idea started somewhere
Re: Meet The First Generation Of Nigerian Lawmakers To Scale The Fence In 1962 by McCarlito(m): 7:41pm On Oct 06, 2015
Ugomba:
LOL.. this country sef
grin grin grin grin grin
Maximillian1:
Gbam!!! I always had a feeling that the fence climbing idea started somewhere
The big difference is that they scaled to get out of the tear-gassed complex rather than scalling to get in as we witnessed.
teadrake:
Let me guess,Fence Jumping is hereditary bah??
Meanwhile; nigerian lawmakers be like
We've been scalling fence since 1962 ad grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Buhari Meets With Thabo Mbeki / Tha Uncommon Thieves Of Niger Delta / Let Me Just Drop This THROWBACK PIX HERE- What Did You Notice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.