Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Must See! Rare Pics Of Ascariasis(viewer Discretion). - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Must See! Rare Pics Of Ascariasis(viewer Discretion). (7510 Views)

Deformed Baby Born In Adamawa Hospital (Viewers Discretion) / Baby Born Without Anus In Delta State (Viewers Discretion) / Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must See! Rare Pics Of Ascariasis(viewer Discretion). by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2015
This patient presented to my clinic with inability to stool and complete loss of appetite for 8 days prior to presentation.
Examination findings significantly revealed moderate palor with overt signs of malnutrition. Abdomen was moderately distended with a tympanic note.
A supportive diagnosis of intestinal obstruction secondary to helminthiasis was entertained and patient was admitted and placed on albendazole stat dose among other medications.
3hours later, the nurses alerted me and this was what I found...........

Re: Must See! Rare Pics Of Ascariasis(viewer Discretion). by henribj(m): 8:07pm On Oct 06, 2015
in summary?
Re: Must See! Rare Pics Of Ascariasis(viewer Discretion). by bibinwaka: 9:12pm On Oct 06, 2015
oh my God!
lesson for parents always deworm your children every three months.
Re: Must See! Rare Pics Of Ascariasis(viewer Discretion). by Nobody: 3:42am On Oct 07, 2015
henribj:
in summary?
Re: Must See! Rare Pics Of Ascariasis(viewer Discretion). by Nobody: 3:46am On Oct 07, 2015
henribj:
in summary?
lol, you still need a summary afterall? Una too like spoon feeding.
This could be a station in OSCE exams or a picture test question or even a steeple chase station in medical microbiology. Spot diagnosis!
Re: Must See! Rare Pics Of Ascariasis(viewer Discretion). by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 07, 2015
bibinwaka:
oh my God!
lesson for parents always deworm your children every three months.
As in ehn, hospitals should provide free facilities for deworming children under 5.
Re: Must See! Rare Pics Of Ascariasis(viewer Discretion). by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 14, 2015
olrotimi:
This patient presented to my clinic with inability to stool and complete loss of appetite for 8 days prior to presentation.
Examination findings significantly revealed moderate palor with overt signs of malnutrition. Abdomen was moderately distended with a tympanic note.
A supportive diagnosis of intestinal obstruction secondary to helminthiasis was entertained and patient was admitted and placed on albendazole stat dose among other medications.
3hours later, the nurses alerted me and this was what I found...........

Does albendazole kills or expels worm?? undecided
Re: Must See! Rare Pics Of Ascariasis(viewer Discretion). by IndianaJay: 12:59pm On Oct 14, 2015
Jesus!!!!

No....this did not come out of a human.....Lord have mercy.

cry cry
Re: Must See! Rare Pics Of Ascariasis(viewer Discretion). by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
olrotimi:

As in ehn, hospitals should provide free facilities for deworming children under 5.
Such services are free in all government and rural health centres 0-6yrs and 60+ in Rivers State under Amaechi a carry over from Odili

1 Like

Re: Must See! Rare Pics Of Ascariasis(viewer Discretion). by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 25, 2015
indigene:

Such services are free in all government and rural health centres 0-6yrs and 60+ in Rivers State under Amaechi a carry over from Odili
I guess it should rather be a national programme, more like the guinea worm eradication programme.
Re: Must See! Rare Pics Of Ascariasis(viewer Discretion). by TCD: 1:05pm On May 18, 2016
olrotimi:

I guess it should rather be a national programme, more like the guinea worm eradication programme.

hello. did this child end up having surgery or the obstruction abated after the antihelminth therapy. Also like how many worms were excreted.
Re: Must See! Rare Pics Of Ascariasis(viewer Discretion). by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 18, 2016
TCD:

hello. did this child end up having surgery or the obstruction abated after the antihelminth therapy. Also like how many worms were excreted.
child was fine with just anti-helmintics.
I counted about 5worms at the hospital, though he was said to have passed some at home
Re: Must See! Rare Pics Of Ascariasis(viewer Discretion). by remi1444: 11:14am On Jun 19, 2017
mmm am catching cold...so is the child healthy now? love of our mom is just soo priceless.

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For August 6 2021 In Nigeria / Nvuna River Contamination: Enugu Government Intervenes / How To Lose Weight With A Nigerian Diet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.