Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,468 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. (3011 Views)

Man Regrets Not Chasing Fatima Dangote During Their NYSC Days (Photos) / 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them / It's Time For We Young Minds To Build Value Not Just Looking At Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 06, 2015
I just received an email from a friend who was telling me about their latest business opportunity. For the purpose of this post, I will refer to him as "John".

Reading John's email, I couldn't help but roll my eyes and shake my head. John is the type of person who is always investing in some "internet opportunity", "internet business" or "profit machine". Every few months, he's jumping from product to product, business to business, and when you ask him why, he always says it's because his current opportunity will allow him to make more money than the previous one. By this logic you would assume John is making a very comfortable living from his "businesses" right? WRONG!

He doesn't want to admit it, but John is poor. Mentally and financially. He has a job, but most of his income goes to providing for his family, paying off the debts from his past failed businesses, and investing a bit of what's left over into a new opportunity that's "guaranteed" to work.

I love my friend, and for all of my efforts, he refuses to listen to me when it comes to online business and entrepreneurship. He would rather spend money on this "push button" products and solutions than invest the time, energy and effort into building his own business. And for the life of me, I do not and will NEVER understand this mentality.

Being an online entrepreneur, I can tell you without a doubt that there ARE legitimate and SUSTAINABLE ways of making money online. But very few of them (almost none of them) can be achieved working 2 hours a day, 3 days a week like some people claim.

It takes TIME to build a real business, and I don't care what most people preaching the "Entrepreneur Gospel" tell you. Look at any of the most successful businesses and entrepreneurs in the world today, and then look into their stories from start to success. I'm willing to bet you'll see that NONE of them built their companies working 6 hours a week.

My point in all of this is that, if you want to make money online, there are ways to do it. And depending on the type and size of business you want to create, you're going to have to invest a substantial amount of time in to it. Odds are, it will not happen overnight, and may take a few months or even years before it gets off the ground. Just because it takes longer or is harder to do doesn't mean you've failed as an entrepreneur. Success isn't about being the first to launch. It's about being able to launch AND stay in business an extended period of time. And you do that by creating VALUE.

Creating value is one of the most misunderstood (and often ignored) aspects of online business. But it’s also one of the most important. Value is the reason people trade or do business with you. It's what makes someone decide to exchange their money for something they want -- be it a product, service or opportunity. Value can be tangible or intangible, and really, it's interpreted by the mind of the end user or customer.

For example, many people buy new smartphones because either the latest features make their daily lives easier to manage (better organization = intangible value), because they want to be among the first to own the new device (elevated emotional state = intangible value) or because the product itself is something they've wanted for a while and finally are able to purchase (the product itself = tangible value).

Value translates into something the receiver can use to enrich, empower or improve their status, livelihood/circumstances or their lives in general. Real businesses create value. But because value cannot be easily explained, many internet entrepreneurs (con-artists) use the illusion of a great opportunity to lure people into their "business" (trap) by making people believe they are investing in an opportunity to increase their income. And while there is nothing wrong with investing or buying into a product or program to gain access, one should not have to buy into an opportunity where the only "value" that's created is the assumption that you can now make more money. People like my friend John fall for this every time.

You don't need to "invest" into any one's opportunity to make money online. All it takes is building a platform, positioning it correctly, and creating a marketable and profitable experience people will enjoy. But because most people don't know how to do this, or are not very good at it, many internet entrepreneurs cleverly devise "products" and services aimed at teaching you these things quickly and easily, and promising you success in days, not months or years. They use compelling stories and often times with include expensive cars, luxury locations and large mansions in their marketing and promotional materials to entice users to subscribe and join in. They focus more on the results, than actually how someone can leverage their opportunity to achieve any level of success.

They flaunt their wealth, and promote the idea that anyone can achieve it by buying their product, and because people are so focused on buying THINGS than building something of true value, they fall victim and give more and more money to these "successful" online entrepreneurs, whose wealth is only amassed from the people who buy their products, and not having any real investments or businesses of their own.

Two years ago I started a blog to share a personal experience, only for it to become the foundation of a growing business today. My friend John at the time was investing in yet another "business opportunity" that was sure to produce results. Two years later, and I'm making almost $2,000 a week from my business, where as John isn't making anything. Two years, and hundreds of dollars later and he has NOTHING to show for his efforts. I've created value by providing ebooks, newsletter and training that show people how to build blogs, websites and profit online. John has never created any value, and therefore, has never made any money.

I share this post simply to say this: there is nothing wrong with investing in an online business or opportunity, just be sure you know what you're getting from it. Know what value that business offers you, and you measure value by determining how it's going to enrich, empower and improve your life. If it's not offering something that will allow you to advance and grow beyond where you are today, then it's not worth your time.

Your time is your most precious asset. Once spent it can never be reclaimed, so use it wisely.

My friend spends his time chasing the dream of making money, when all the while he could have been building something to turn that dream into a reality. Don't be like my friend. Invest your time, build something that generates REAL value, and watch your vision and business thrive from the fruits of your labor.

"All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty." - Proverbs 14:23

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by bodee(m): 9:10pm On Oct 06, 2015
In order words, always ask the question that how will this money I am investing create value and bring satisfaction to others and you find the reason why you should profit.
Nice one @ OP.
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 06, 2015
bodee:
In order words, always ask the question that how will this money I am investing create value and bring satisfaction to others and you find the reason why you should profit.
Nice one @ OP.

I agree bodee!

Too many people jump into things hoping for a miracle instead of first evaluating what they are getting into. I will never say internet marketing and online businesses are total scams. But there are far too many out there that are. If you create something that people want, need or can find adequate use for, the money and profits will follow. smiley

Thanks for commenting! smiley
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by inene: 1:16am On Oct 07, 2015
Many thanks for this very kind advice. Many people are chasing after shadows in the name of chasing wealth. i have taken up some people on their offer only to discover that what they initially said would be easy to do takes quite some time and diligence to achieve. i believe like you said that if someone gives it some good thought and puts his heart in learning a process money can follow but all those who think they can make fast money will find out that they have been gambling away their time and money. This is very eye opening, thanks

1 Like

Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by 2derfultony: 2:23am On Oct 07, 2015
Great
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by Nobody: 3:01am On Oct 07, 2015
inene:
Many thanks for this very kind advice. Many people are chasing after shadows in the name of chasing wealth. i have taken up some people on their offer only to discover that what they initially said would be easy to do takes quite some time and diligence to achieve. i believe like you said that if someone gives it some good thought and puts his heart in learning a process money can follow but all those who think they can make fast money will find out that they have been gambling away their time and money. This is very eye opening, thanks

Very true indeed! But I do understand the psychology/mindset of a person who is desperate to change their circumstances they pursue every idea, opportunity and investment available. My friend is the perfect example of why so many broke and poor people stay that way. Because rather than build and grow, they are forever searching for an easy way out. I won't say that there are not easy paths to success, because we all hear stories about the people who stumble upon a magnificent idea and become millionaires literally overnight. We also hear about the people who win major windfalls and lotteries, but these encounters are very few and rare. But for some reason, people still believe that it could happen to them, and waste their lives waiting on it to happen.

I will probably never make as much money as other online entrepreneurs, but at least I know that I'm being as truthful and honest about my offer, rather than lead people in, only to abandon them in the dark.

Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by Nobody: 3:02am On Oct 07, 2015
2derfultony:
Great

Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by kayceerilyn(f): 4:10am On Oct 07, 2015
Interesting article Sir. I'll like to know, please, what your blog is about and how you started making money through it.
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by Nobody: 4:30am On Oct 07, 2015
kayceerilyn:
Interesting article Sir. I'll like to know, please, what your blog is about and how you started making money through it.

The blog that is referenced in the post is no longer active, but it was called 'Christina'. It was a personal blog about my experiences as an entrepreneur recovering from depression after my brother's passing several years ago. I started making money through it by selling affiliate products, and later, by selling my own information products, premium newsletters and email training. I later moved into coaching and consulting to help people address issues with their blogs, websites and online businesses. The first year was the roughest, as there was a lot of experimentation and trial and error, but by the second year, things really began to come together for me.

Right now I am in the process of building a new blog called North of Zero, and it will focus on discussions of entrepreneurship as it pertains to online business, and personal development. It's being launched along side an email training series I am published that will teach people the exact steps and methods I used to build and monetize my last blog.

The idea is to use the development and construction of this new blog to teach and provide live examples of how things work. This way, people not only get the training they'll need to start and grow their own websites and online businesses, but they will also get to see how the strategies an techniques that I teach in my training, work in real-time. The goal is to create a training program that delivers REAL results for subscribers. It may take several weeks, months or even years -- depending on the person's ideas -- but at least they will know they are being taught what works, and not just some internet marketer's theories about online business.

I hope that answers your question.

Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by Dajugba: 5:27am On Oct 07, 2015
Op Thanks! For such great and inspiring words. I learnt so much from this and also from past experience; Doe experience is not always the best teacher. At a point when I newly joined the business section, I was vulnerable, I was so curious wanting to make quick cash any where I sight online like most are now, they lack deep insight of what to invest time and money in. Like it been said: If we only learn to judge our selves, and do a proper rethink of why we do what we do, act the way we behave life won't be difficult. So I realised at a point I was just making most of them becoming more richer, after purchasing and investing in most of this business while I was depreciating in my savings, yet not making money or having the value benefit of what I imagined it. I could say it because of not asking question of what the value are, or not really certain of what I really want to focus my time to invest on, every business opprortunity was for me. And even when the right questions is been asked, that shouldn't be a sure prove that such business is legitimate to make you because what someone is; in that busines. Because most people live in fear of how to pay their bills, what will peopl say Many still make this mistakes, So they likely intend to try and still mistake investing wrongly, not knowing how to control desire & want that could be of a true benefit. Most times people are serious to earn the money not concenr of the values rather. So when they kick start the business, the focus is lost, not like when you've a total convinction. So after my rethink I learnt it's better to be accurate than being right doing a business. A business shoul bring values all way round, even if you didn't get 100 percent, there should be a touch of change and development such like; improved skills, financial developement, exposure of new ideas of re-investing into what you've learn. After such thought I found a better option, since then that has been my major business. For those who still think of what to do: just follow your heart. But be sure your heart has the right content of doing something positive. A sanctify heart has a sanctified thought. CHEER...

1 Like

Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by fxbot: 5:52am On Oct 07, 2015
radragan:

I agree bodee!

Too many people jump into things hoping for a miracle instead of first evaluating what they are getting into. I will never say internet marketing and online businesses are total scams. But there are far too many out there that are. If you create something that people want, need or can find adequate use for, the money and profits will follow. smiley

what are your traffic strategy to your blog? Are your audiences majorly Nigerians? Do you use a list building system?
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by kolokolobi(m): 6:27am On Oct 07, 2015
In addition to what you've put forward OP some have made the mistake of putting out a value offering that is way out of proportion to what is available all in an effort to woo unsuspecting customers. As the saying goes if it's too good to be true it probably is just that way. You hit the nail on the head though that I or any one is actually paying for value which in turn the business owner with good Management can turn to profit. Most people however see the profit or are shown the profit without an inkling to the importance of a very good value proposition. The horse is always before the cart so it can draw it. The cart... The profit... The wealth.
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 07, 2015
Dajugba:
Op Thanks! For such great and inspiring words. I learnt so much from this and also from past experience; Doe experience is not always the best teacher. At a point when I newly joined the business section, I was vulnerable, I was so curious wanting to make quick cash any where I sight online like most are now, they lack deep insight of what to invest time and money in. Like it been said: If we only learn to judge our selves, and do a proper rethink of why we do what we do, act the way we behave life won't be difficult. So I realised at a point I was just making most of them becoming more richer, after purchasing and investing in most of this business while I was depreciating in my savings, yet not making money or having the value benefit of what I imagined it. I could say it because of not asking question of what the value are, or not really certain of what I really want to focus my time to invest on, every business opprortunity was for me. And even when the right questions is been asked, that shouldn't be a sure prove that such business is legitimate to make you because what someone is; in that busines. Because most people live in fear of how to pay their bills, what will peopl say Many still make this mistakes, So they likely intend to try and still mistake investing wrongly, not knowing how to control desire & want that could be of a true benefit. Most times people are serious to earn the money not concenr of the values rather. So when they kick start the business, the focus is lost, not like when you've a total convinction. So after my rethink I learnt it's better to be accurate than being right doing a business. A business shoul bring values all way round, even if you didn't get 100 percent, there should be a touch of change and development such like; improved skills, financial developement, exposure of new ideas of re-investing into what you've learn. After such thought I found a better option, since then that has been my major business. For those who still think of what to do: just follow your heart. But be sure your heart has the right content of doing something positive. A sanctify heart has a sanctified thought. CHEER...

You're right about experience not always being the best teacher. Sometimes it's the worst. (As I learned from personal experience.) In my experience, having to learn things on my own was extremely cost inefficient (both financially and with my time) but at least I learned. Which is also why, I believe, so many people get caught up in chasing the fast money. They've had so little success on their own, they are ready for something that works. I get that. I was at that stage at one point in my life as well. But the problem comes when we don't fully understand what we want, what it is we are trying to accomplish, or how to balance the need versus want versus desire aspects of our mindset, as you pointed out.

Then there are those who are struggling, and have been for so long, they are ready to do anything to get themselves into better circumstances, but in reality, only serve to keep them deeper in debt, and trapped in a life they didn't want to be in from the beginning.

Part of the problem also stems from people investing in opportunities only to make money. Which is also something you touched on, I believe. They're motivated from the start, but lose focus after the initial launch because things didn't turn out the way they wanted them to. Either they didn't attract enough clients or they weren't able to make any money. But rather than review their own process with a fine tooth comb, they assume the opportunity is worthless and move on to the next thing.

And then there are those who just want to live the good life, but don't want to do any work to get there. They spend their entire lives chasing dreams and wishing for things and never achieve anything. I'm a firm believer in not settling for less, but sometimes you have to set your pride aside and do what needs to be done to get to the next level. If you want to be a successful and influential business person, fine. But don't have your head so far in the clouds that you won't do small speaking engagements. Every opportunity, large or small, has the potential to yield even bigger rewards down the road, but only if we leverage our knowledge and experience well; and by fully understanding who we are as individuals.

To succeed in anything in life we have to be of the right mindset and heart. And if we are desperate for success or unfocused, then a business is the last thing we should be investing our time and money in.

1 Like

Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 13, 2015
fxbot:
what are your traffic strategy to your blog? Are your audiences majorly Nigerians? Do you use a list building system?

I've used a number of different strategies, but mainly content marketing and Facebook ads. I also leverage my ebooks and information products to draw traffic back to my blogs as often as possible. I've never tried guest posting, because once I was able to generate traffic from my own sources, guest posting and blogging seemed like a waste of time for me. But that does not mean it is an effective strategy overall.

Most of my audience is from the West and parts of Southeast Asia and the Pacific. My Nigerian audience is growing, but it is significantly smaller than audiences from other corners of the globe. The biggest challenge with building a Nigerian audience (or with any audience) is gaining trust. Each country, culture and economy presents a different set of challenges, and it's when we overcome those challenges do we succeed in business. I've received a lot of interest from Nigerians about my trainings and coaching, but because so many people have been burned by scammers and ineffective "online businesses", they are hesitant to move forward. So I'll have to reassure them that what I teach is the real thing. And that is going to take time.

And I do use an autoresponder to build my mailing list. I currently use AWeber, but I am also testing out a new platform called Convertkit. It's better suited for delivering email courses and trainings, which is what I do. AWeber works great for basic newsletters and email lists but I need a system that's a lot more robust with more extensive features than it currently offers.
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by fxbot: 5:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
radragan:

I've used a number of different strategies, but mainly content marketing and Facebook ads. I also leverage my ebooks and information products to draw traffic back to my blogs as often as possible. I've never tried guest posting, because once I was able to generate traffic from my own sources, guest posting and blogging seemed like a waste of time for me. But that does not mean it is an effective strategy overall.

Most of my audience is from the West and parts of Southeast Asia and the Pacific. My Nigerian audience is growing, but it is significantly smaller than audiences from other corners of the globe. The biggest challenge with building a Nigerian audience (or with any audience) is gaining trust. Each country, culture and economy presents a different set of challenges, and it's when we overcome those challenges do we succeed in business. I've received a lot of interest from Nigerians about my trainings and coaching, but because so many people have been burned by scammers and ineffective "online businesses", they are hesitant to move forward. So I'll have to reassure them that what I teach is the real thing. And that is going to take time.

And I do use an autoresponder to build my mailing list. I currently use AWeber, but I am also testing out a new platform called Convertkit. It's better suited for delivering email courses and trainings, which is what I do. AWeber works great for basic newsletters and email lists but I need a system that's a lot more robust with more extensive features than it currently offers.
Okay. I will be launching my own blog soon. I believe you are in the make money online niche right?
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 13, 2015
fxbot:
Okay. I will be launching my own blog soon. I believe you are in the make money online niche right?

Yes I am, but what I teach goes a bit beyond that. Some in the niche focus only on making money. I focus more on achieving growth, and making money second.

What niche will your blog be in? May I ask what's keeping you from starting today? (And no, this is not a sales pitch. smiley )
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by fxbot: 7:40am On Oct 14, 2015
radragan:

Yes I am, but what I teach goes a bit beyond that. Some in the niche focus only on making money. I focus more on achieving growth, and making money second.

What niche will your blog be in? May I ask what's keeping you from starting today? (And no, this is not a sales pitch. smiley )
lol. You should know that you don't start something without planning and a system in place. I just had my theme up and was about puting the necessary plugins when I discovered that 4,5GB subscription is finished less than a week. Terrible.
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by onismate: 8:12am On Oct 14, 2015
lalasticlala please take this post to fp. op you said it well.
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by G12(m): 9:43am On Oct 14, 2015
Nice one OP,

My blog is all set and just needs to be updated with contents, just been attending to some clients' jobs and haven't had the time to really sit down and write.

I'm in the natural remedy/health niche and my aim is to sell some affiliate products from Amazon and Clickbank, and also monetise with Adsense.

Please, I'm looking forward to reading your post about FB ads and other traffic sources one could explore. Thanks!

@Fxbot, boss na everywhere we dey jam. Like minds think alike. I hope you're no longer into forex, this is time for real business.

I tried forex before and that sh!t was crazy. Nobody advised me, na me advise myself. And I took one guy l met on a forex thread on this forum along, share my tips with him and was constantly encouraging him, today he's also established; from I don't know how to write to a successful writing career. You need to see his reviews on Fiverr. The last time we chatted, he was like "I dey fear sef make US govt no come order my gig because of the reviews"... Lol, funny guy.

The OP has said it all, you need to exchange value for cash. That's all! I've tried a lot of things online, na only God fit explain how I wasn't scammed. I got a lot of enticing offers of which I struck a deal , abi na paid membership site where them give me free access after I smartly asked but left when I no see results?

Anybody in a flashy car trying to sell you a push button system to make cash is trying to push the buttons in your head to get away with your money. Real success requires handwork (you may say smatwork, but that is also hardwork).
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by fxbot: 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
G12:
Nice one OP,

My blog is all set and just needs to be updated with contents, just been attending to some clients' jobs and haven't had the time to really sit down and write.

I'm in the natural remedy/health niche and my aim is to sell some affiliate products from Amazon and Clickbank, and also monetise with Adsense.

Please, I'm looking forward to reading your post about FB ads and other traffic sources one could explore. Thanks!

@Fxbot, boss na everywhere we dey jam. Like minds think alike. I hope you're no longer into forex, this is time for real business.

I tried forex before and that sh!t was crazy. Nobody advised me, na me advise myself. And I took one guy l met on a forex thread on this forum along, share my tips with him and was constantly encouraging him, today he's also established; from I don't know how to write to a successful writing career. You need to see his reviews on Fiverr. The last time we chatted, he was like "I dey fear sef make US govt no come order my gig because of the reviews"... Lol, funny guy.

The OP has said it all, you need to exchange value for cash. That's all! I've tried a lot of things online, na only God fit explain how I wasn't scammed. I got a lot of enticing offers of which I struck a deal , abi na paid membership site where them give me free access after I smartly asked but left when I no see results?

Anybody in a flashy car trying to sell you a push button system to make cash is trying to push the buttons in your head to get away with your money. Real success requires handwork (you may say smatwork, but that is also hardwork).
BROS, there is nothing new about internet business to me. I have some many information that I don't use and that's why I want to start a blog. I you must have noticed that I research A LOT. That comes naturally to me bro and therefore, I feel I could exchange that for some nice cash. I have my good days online bro, but I want more. Talking about VALUE, I know what that means to the survival of a business.

The OP already knows I know somethings about internet business... let me tell one BIG secret of ALL internet money makers: LIST BUILDING! That shit is your own ATM! without it, you can easily go broke. forget all the "I made 3million in 7days" what ever they claim they make, a list gave them. aweber is better than get response.
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by G12(m): 4:57pm On Oct 14, 2015
Nice one bro, was just sharing my own experience.
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
fxbot:
lol. You should know that you don't start something without planning and a system in place. I just had my theme up and was about puting the necessary plugins when I discovered that 4,5GB subscription is finished less than a week. Terrible.

Have you been able to turn things around and grow your blog since then? Or have you moved on to a another project?
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 14, 2015
G12:
Nice one OP,

I'm working on a post about FB ads right now, but it's going to take a little time because there is a lot to cover, and it won't fit all into a single post, so I'll have to break it up and publish it in pieces. I'm also working on a few other things that I believe people will be able to put to great use on their blogs and websites.
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 14, 2015
fxbot:
BROS, there is nothing new about internet business to me. I have some many information that I don't use and that's why I want to start a blog. I you must have noticed that I research A LOT. That comes naturally to me bro and therefore, I feel I could exchange that for some nice cash. I have my good days online bro, but I want more. Talking about VALUE, I know what that means to the survival of a business.

The OP already knows I know somethings about internet business... let me tell one BIG secret of ALL internet money makers: LIST BUILDING! That shit is your own ATM! without it, you can easily go broke. forget all the "I made 3million in 7days" what ever they claim they make, a list gave them. aweber is better than get response.

You're absolutely right about list building. It's all about repeat and reoccurring business. VALUE builds the brand. SALES build the business. And the key to sales is having a targeted, marketable audience. But some people confuse list building with collecting email addresses. Too many people in fact.

But I won't say that you NEED a list to be successful. It helps tremendously, but it isn't a must. There are a number of online entrepreneurs who succeed without a list. They spend 60-70% (sometimes more) on marketing to attract new business, but it works for them. I would never recommend that process to anyone. It's too cost inefficient, and eats into profits. List building takes more time, but it's a lot friendlier to your account balances. smiley

I always laugh when people buy into the promises of making millions, or even thousands, in a week, a month or whatever. It's possible, but to do so means you have to sell a very expensive product, or you have to sell a large volume of a much cheaper product. Either way, it's not going to come easy.
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by fxbot: 11:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
radragan:

Have you been able to turn things around and grow your blog since then? Or have you moved on to a another project?
i am talking about something that happened yesterday and how can I move on to something else?
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by Nobody: 3:54am On Oct 15, 2015
fxbot:
i am talking about something that happened yesterday and how can I move on to something else?

I see.

Is there an active link for your blog? if so, I can take a quick look and make a few suggestions that may help you out.
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by fxbot: 9:54pm On Oct 15, 2015
radragan:

I see.

Is there an active link for your blog? if so, I can take a quick look and make a few suggestions that may help you out.
grin grin grin This guy eh. When I am done with basic works, I will let you know how we shall proceed.
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 15, 2015
fxbot:
grin grin grin This guy eh. When I am done with basic works, I will let you know how we shall proceed.

Sounds good.
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by fxbot: 8:46am On Oct 22, 2015
radragan:

I see.

well, still has a lot of work to do. It's half ready. InstantLecture.com and hookupcity.com
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by pocoapoco88: 11:06am On Oct 22, 2015
OP u cudnt hav said it any beta,value is d key ....nice 1
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by Nobody: 4:02am On Oct 26, 2015
pocoapoco88:
OP u cudnt hav said it any beta,value is d key ....nice 1

Thank you smiley
Re: You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. by Nobody: 4:11am On Oct 26, 2015
fxbot:
well, still has a lot of work to do. It's half ready. InstantLecture.com and hookupcity.com

the sites look good. i particularly like the layout/design for instantlecture.com. It's clean and well laid out. I will definitely be visiting often in the future.

Hookup City is nice also, but the design doesn't stand out the way Instant lecture does.

Are you writing all of the content yourself, or do you have someone to help with the content?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Remitano Scam ; Please Help / Heat Gun / My Experience of my Fishpond Business From Start To Finish (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.