Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,024 members, 7,838,569 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Ministerial List-foolish Expectations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial List-foolish Expectations (682 Views)

Ministerial List: See List Of Speculated Nominees / Ministerial List: Buhari, Obasanjo Hold Crucial Meeting At UN Plaza / Ministerial List: Buhari Dumps 73 Nominees From States - The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial List-foolish Expectations by ikwubaba: 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2015
I am marveled to my marrows when I saw the comments that greeted the ministerial list. Actually, it should have been the 8th wonder of the world if the likes of Fashola, Amaechi, Fayemi, Ngige etc are not found there. It is ironical that we expect these men to be seen as upright by PMB before election and then suddenly become evil men with loads of corruption after PMB wins. That on its own will be treachery and backstabbing on the part of PMB. Everything about is his integrity would nosedive if he had played into the trap. Even if these men have skeletons, they have joined his anti-corruption crusade and he has to be consistent on his view of them. Like a thief who has decided to help the police (I am assuming they are corrupt). I am sure those wailing on the inclusion of these names would be the first to take to the social media of use and dump by PMB.

But let's look at the uproar on it's face value. We shout Technocrats...Technocrats!!!!. Where did we get the idea that technocrats will automatically act in good stead? were Deziani, Oduah and NOI (to mention a few) not technocrats before they were called to serve? What can we make of them today? they can technically steal the country blind in few months abi?

In any case, I do not know what logic holds that, politicians will deploy there time, resources and risk their lives to change a government, while the technocrats who have been drinking tea and typing away from the comfort of his office will be expecting to be appointed as ministers. Only Niaja logic I guess. If technocrats wants to be appointed, they should come out from their offices (Nigeria or in Diaspora) to come and do the dirty work of effecting change in government. Some of the appointments were erstwhile technocrats whom have made their margins in politics and have performed creditably well. They were simply hounded through campaign of calumny recently to ensure they are not appointed. The foolishness on the part of the campaigners is that, they are playing a game PMB is very familiar with. For the past 12 years, PMB was a victim of smear campaign with its highest crescendo close to the election that brought him into office. It is boundless stupidity to expect him to fall for them.

If I didn't see those names in the cabinet, I would have actually suspected a fowl play on the part of PMB.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial List-foolish Expectations by Paschal001: 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2015
You are PRO APC. . so I don't expect less from you....

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List-foolish Expectations by ikwubaba: 10:23pm On Oct 06, 2015
Paschal001:
You are PRO APC. . so I don't expect less from you....

As if you dey wen I join.

I am for change and balance not any party supporter. You may wish to concentrate on my points
Re: Ministerial List-foolish Expectations by mikolo80: 2:18am On Oct 07, 2015
ikwubaba:
I am marveled to my marrows when I saw the comments that greeted the ministerial list. Actually, it should have been the 8th wonder of the world if the likes of Fashola, Amaechi, Fayemi, Ngige etc are not found there. It is ironical that we expect these men to be seen as upright by PMB before election and then suddenly become evil men with loads of corruption after PMB wins. That on its own will be treachery and backstabbing on the part of PMB. Everything about is his integrity would nosedive if he had played into the trap. Even if these men have skeletons, they have joined his anti-corruption crusade and he has to be consistent on his view of them. Like a thief who has decided to help the police (I am assuming they are corrupt). I am sure those wailing on the inclusion of these names would be the first to take to the social media of use and dump by PMB.

But let's look at the uproar on it's face value. We shout Technocrats...Technocrats!!!!. Where did we get the idea that technocrats will automatically act in good stead? were Deziani, Oduah and NOI (to mention a few) not technocrats before they were called to serve? What can we make of them today? they can technically steal the country blind in few months abi?

In any case, I do not know what logic holds that, politicians will deploy there time, resources and risk their lives to change a government, while the technocrats who have been drinking tea and typing away from the comfort of his office will be expecting to be appointed as ministers. Only Niaja logic I guess. If technocrats wants to be appointed, they should come out from their offices (Nigeria or in Diaspora) to come and do the dirty work of effecting change in government. Some of the appointments were erstwhile technocrats whom have made their margins in politics and have performed creditably well. They were simply hounded through campaign of calumny recently to ensure they are not appointed. The foolishness on the part of the campaigners is that, they are playing a game PMB is very familiar with. For the past 12 years, PMB was a victim of smear campaign with its highest crescendo close to the election that brought him into office. It is boundless stupidity to expect him to fall for them.

If I didn't see those names in the cabinet, I would have actually suspected a fowl play on the part of PMB.
MAY YOU LIVE LONG
MAY YOU EAT THE FRUIT OF YOUR LABOUR
MAY YOUR CHILDREN BURY YOU
MAY YOU NOT BURY THEM

I DON'T KNOW WHY "TECHNOCRATS" AND THEIR SUPPORTERS(BABBOONS) THINK THAT MONKEY WILL WORK FOR THEM TO COME AND CHOP
WHAT IS A TECHNOCRAT(CIVIL SERVANT IN MY OPINION)
WHEN BUHARI WAS RUNNING THE COUNTRY WITH TECHNOCRATS THESE SAME FOOLLS COMPLAINED THAT THEY WANTED POLITICIANS(MINISTERS ARE ALWAYS POLITICIANS EVEN FOR ALMIGHTY YANKEE,(JUST AS CROOKED AND INCOMPETENT))

THIS IS HOW ISRAELITES BEGGED GOD FOR KING AND BROUGHT WOE UNTO THEIR HEADS

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Police Reject N1.5m Bribe From Suspected Kidnapper / Telling Lies Is Corruption - Femi Aribisala / Uyo Elder Wants Obong Attah Extradited To The UK For Econet Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.