Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,939 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau (1496 Views)

Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism / Osinbajo, Malami, Magu, DSS Move To Save Anti-graft War / Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by GOATandYAMtheory: 6:21am On Oct 07, 2015
The former Governor of Kano State and the immediate past Minister of Education, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau, on Tuesday lashed out at President Muhammadu  Buhari, accusing him of romancing with some of the politicians  who played leading roles in the past administrations he and his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) were trying to discredit.

Shekarau however added that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has ample opportunity to retake power if only the leadership can have the courage to implement to the letter, all recommendations contained in the report of the party’s 2015 post-election probe committee headed by Senator Ike Ekwerenmadu.

Speaking in an interview with journalists in his Abuja residence, Shekarau said he sees President Buhari as being highly hypocritical for condemning the past governments and at the same time having the hit men who participated in the alleged bad governance surrounding him as chief advisers.

The former governor who left the APC to join the PDP, and served as a minister at the twilight of the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan, described the claim by President Buhari that he was out to correct the mess committed by the PDP as preposterous, “so long as he continues to wine and dine with those who were with the administration he is discrediting.

[b]“Just three days ago, I raised a question while addressing some young men who paid me a Sallah visit on who can give me answer to this poser, ‘Buhari has said that he has come to right the wrongs of 16-year mess by the PDP’.
“So I said: ‘Mr. President you are welcome, but I hasten to remind you that 10 out of those 16 years belong to ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo. He had his 8 years and by indirect remote control, two years of late President Umaru Yar’Adua was Obasanjos.

“And Obasanjo was the one who produced Yar’Adua and Jonathan.
Until three years ago, when they fell out (Obasanjo and Jonathan), Obasanjo was in charge. Obasanjo, today, is among the chief advisers to President  Buhari.

“Governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasiru  El-Rufai, was one of the major hit men of Obasanjo; my former Governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, was one of Obasanjo boys as well as former Governors Bukola Saraki, Goje among others.

“They were part of those 16 years which President Buhari said the PDP messed up Nigeria, and today, because they are in APC, they are saints. They are now surrounding the president as his chief advisers. The Amaechi’s were all part of the PDP.”[/b]

Shekarau further likened the president’s predicament to that of one claiming to be upright and at the same time wining and dining with the devil he is supposed to be fighting.

He said the entire election crisis that President Buhari was accusing PDP of perpetrating were a creation of these same people who are with him now serving as his key advisers.

“So what sense does it make that I said you are thief for 16 years, I have come to correct the wrongs that you did and now I am calling you the chief adviser in order to right the wrongs that you committed. Does it make sense? We are waiting to see how they will come out of this.

“Buhari kept saying 16 years of PDP mess and that he is here to put things right and he is dinning with the people who were 90 percent the architect of those 16 years of what he called mess. So let him get out of it and let us see,” he said.

While speaking on the importance of the findings made by the 2015 post-election review committee of the PDP which he was a member, Shekarau said he is optimistic that the implementation of the key recommendations will go a long way in restoring the party’s lost glory.

The former Kano State governor used the opportunity to speak on some of the findings of the 15-member committee, saying key among the factors that led to the party’s defeat at polls was its failure to adhere to  the tenets of internal democracy.

“Several portions of the constitution were violated. The issue of failure of internal democracy came up. Vacancies that existed in the party were unconstitutionally filled up. Primaries of the party were not properly conducted.

“The next issue was funding. The funds came from an exclusive few. It led to the issue of godfatherism. We degenerated to a point where few individuals funded the party and felt like they owed it. This also led to the problem of denying elected members their roles.

“There was also the problem of poor handling of conflict resolutions. There are a lot of conflicts among stakeholders. There was instability in party leadership, particularly the chairmanship. Between 1998 and now, we have lost count of who and who have been chairmen. This has affected the smooth running of the party.

“Another issue is the non- comprehensive database of members. Over the years, the party lost touch of the total number of its members. We discovered that this brought a lot of apathy. We discovered that the party attracted many support groups, but were not properly coordinated. We got memoirs from over 200 volunteer groups. They were neglected.

“Campaign organisations and election management were not thorough. There are other petty issues, but if you address these major ones, then we will not have issues,” he stated.

Shekarau said the committee made key recommendations on the way forward for the party which includes setting in motion machinery for the review of the PDP constitution and that henceforth the party must ensure that there is no compromise on the issue of application of zoning of the presidential tickets and operation of a rotational formula.

According to Shekarau, as a starting point, the committee agreed that party should revolve its  presidential ticket between North and South, beginning with the North in 2019 since the immediate past president was from the South.

He said the committee also recommended the return to the use of direct primaries to nominate candidates for election and the immediate review of the membership register using the biometrics method in order to help the party to keep electronic record of members.

The former minister said the committee has also advised that the party’s leadership set in motion a modality for settling all known conflicts within the party so that the PDP will become one family.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/anti-graft-war-buhari-dining-wining-with-former-pdp-hit-men-says-shekarau/222103/

Cc Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by fogechi: 6:22am On Oct 07, 2015
.who are the hit men

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by ORACLE1975(m): 6:23am On Oct 07, 2015
This man need to be in jail since.

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by SeverusSnape(m): 6:23am On Oct 07, 2015
"Is there really any difference between PDP and APC?" - Kano lawmaker.

"Remove all the former PDP members from APC, and the party will be empty" - Sule Lamido.

That's why I laugh when some zombies say "PDP destroyed this country for 16 years", meanwhile some of those people who contributed in the "destruction" are now "progressives" (APC members), Isn't that hypocrisy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9

2 Likes

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by TippyTop(m): 6:24am On Oct 07, 2015
APC are pure undiluted hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by GOATandYAMtheory: 6:25am On Oct 07, 2015
He made some very valid points here
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by pet4ril(f): 6:29am On Oct 07, 2015
He is entitled to his opinion

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by GOATandYAMtheory: 6:31am On Oct 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:
"Is there really any difference between PDP and APC?" - Kano lawmaker.

"Remove all the former PDP membersBuhari from APC, that party becomes dead" - Sule Lamido.
Fixed. undecided
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by Legitbaba(m): 6:32am On Oct 07, 2015
Same pple..different party...APA-PDP i hail oo
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by warrior01: 6:32am On Oct 07, 2015
The hypo ritual nature of Bubu the son of Hari is being exposed. Why is it that everything about APC is questionable?
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by SeverusSnape(m): 6:33am On Oct 07, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
Fixed. undecided
Lamido said that also...Go and find out.
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by GOATandYAMtheory: 6:35am On Oct 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Lamido said that also...Go and find out.
http://www.scoop.ng/2015/01/remove-buhari-from-apcthat-party-becomes-dead-governor-sule-lamido.html/ ..the link to 'my' quote.

Provide a link to yours.
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by otukpo(f): 6:39am On Oct 07, 2015
Thought the same too..
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by Firefire(m): 6:44am On Oct 07, 2015
“Buhari kept saying 16 years of PDP mess and that he is here to put things right and he is dinning with the people who were 90 percent the architect of those 16 years of what he called mess. So let him get out of it and let us see,”
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by OZAOEKPE(f): 6:48am On Oct 07, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
"you just made my day with this comment, I bless you, may you find joy today". Quote me anywhere

-the statement was not by your power, you were led by the spirit to speak it out. Say the truth and you shall be free from bashings.
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by SeverusSnape(m): 6:48am On Oct 07, 2015
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by GOATandYAMtheory: 6:50am On Oct 07, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"you just made my day with this comment, I bless you, may you find joy today". Quote me anywhere
cheesy cheesy
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by StepTwo: 6:51am On Oct 07, 2015
some youths will come out here to defend their so called gods. Nigeria's political system is just a joke.
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by erunz(m): 6:53am On Oct 07, 2015
Its alright
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by StepTwo: 6:55am On Oct 07, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

-the statement was not by your power, you were led by the spirit to speak it out. Say the truth and you shall be free from bashings.

funny dude, no be only spirit.......u get mouth sha
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by MisterLongman(m): 6:58am On Oct 07, 2015
The primary reason Apc was formed was to remove gej from power......

To probably most of them, gej represents the 16 years misrule of pdp
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:00am On Oct 07, 2015
StepTwo:

funny dude, no be only spirit.......u get mouth sha
"its just that we hardly see nairalanders making objective comments free from sentiments. If all of us decides to spit the truth out, it will go along way to change our mentality. You see some will yell you that jonathan is corrupt, and obj and atiku are saints, we not being fair to jonathan. Its either all of them are thieves or all of them are saints. How come saraki who was declared a saint early this year, is now being given a status of a devil"? Quote me anywhere
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by GOATandYAMtheory: 7:01am On Oct 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lamido-yes-pdp-made-mistakes-but-apc-is-not-a-better-alternative/203544/
you just wasted my time going through all that to look for your quote. Its not there. Sule lamido never said anything as such and you know it. you should have just given up when I caught you. Funny dude!
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by buzquet(m): 7:02am On Oct 07, 2015
Yes, you are right! But lemme remind u shekarau, that na thief we dey take dey find thief. So baba, Ride on
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by SeverusSnape(m): 7:03am On Oct 07, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
you just wasted my time going through all that to look for your quote. Its not there. Sule lamido never said anything as such and you know it. you should have just given up when I caught you. Funny dude!

shut Your mouth!...Oya see this short one.

"Take away people who left the PDP from the APC, you will have nothing left in the party"

www.mynewswatchtimesng.com/apc-invention-pdp-lamido/
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by Gbawe: 7:17am On Oct 07, 2015
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by major466(m): 7:27am On Oct 07, 2015
Shekarau captured exactly what sane individuals have been saying in the past. How can the Magician say PDP destroyed Nigeria only to wine and dine with chief architects of PDP
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by Dannyset(m): 7:27am On Oct 07, 2015
Buhari
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by Gbawe: 7:28am On Oct 07, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:

What valid points? The first thing Yar Adua did, within months in power, was to revoke OBJ's sale of Nigerian refinery assets to Otedola, Dangote et al. How can Shekarau then be correct alluding that OBJ controlled the Yar Adua Presidency for 2 years when Yar Adua fell out with OBJ literally at the start of his presidency? This is recent history we are talking about meaning we all lived through it and that it is therefore not open to revisionism. Nigerian politicians appreciate that Nigerians are sentimental and biased. They therefore package their sh1t in ways that will appeal to the nature of their people. This is what Shekarau is doing because Buhari made it clear everyone who is interested in moving Nigeria forward is free to approach and work with him.

The fact is that Shekarau will know that Buhari has pledged that anyone from any Party or background, whatever their past misconducts, can join him to reform Nigeria as long as they are ready to do things in a new way where the interest of Nigerians is put above everything else. How does OBJ not fall into this category even if he made mistakes? Buhari has been consistent in speech and behaviour because he is honourable. His opinion has always been that he is approachable but all who come to him must work to his terms and condition. If OBJ is doing this then I don't see the issue Shekarau is raising.

Buhari made it clear he has no time for the past, via witch hunting and demonising politicians, but he also stated, without equivocation, he would try to recover the vast asset and loot the GEJ government plundered. Every government should probe that it has succeeded and not that three regimes before it. I don,t know when Shekarau and other Nigerians will understand this. How undemocratic and backward would Buhari look if he started discriminating against and alienating those who have not been convicted of any wrongdoing, like OBJ, in a competent court of law?

2 Likes

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by StepTwo: 7:32am On Oct 07, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"its just that we hardly see nairalanders making objective comments free from sentiments
. If all of us decides to spit the truth out, it will go along way to change our mentality. You see some will yell you that jonathan is corrupt, and obj and atiku are saints, we not being fair to jonathan. Its either all of them are thieves or all of them are saints. How come saraki who was declared a saint early this year, is now being given a status of a devil"? Quote me anywhere
@bolded, reason I just drop my opinion and avoid the arguements.....some persons are just sarcastic,you hardly see reasonable arguements on nairaland devoid partisanship in a very blind way.we just mock at our own ability to contribute to the running of our own govt as youths.
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:35am On Oct 07, 2015
StepTwo:
@bolded, reason I just drop my opinion and avoid the arguements.....some persons are just sarcastic,you hardly see reasonable arguements on nairaland devoid partisanship in a very blind way.we just mock at our own ability to contribute to the running of our own govt as youths.

"that's why most times I support saraki and any corrupt individual in jonathan's government, because they will want to paint atiku(chronic) criminal as a saint".
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau by safepassage2015: 7:41am On Oct 07, 2015
When Mr Integrity surrounds himself with CORRUPTION, you all know the outcome of that

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Gets New Meaning - Photo / Nnamdi Kanu Played Into The Hands Of His Persecutors —chief Odukwe / Iraq Bans Nigeria’s Poultry Export

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.