Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest (26405 Views)

Diezani Alison-Madueke Released On Bail - TVC News / Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London - Premium Times / Diezani Alison-madueke’s Neighbours Relieved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by vorigan: 9:07am On Oct 07, 2015
As the British authorities continue their investigation into the activities of the former Minister of Petroleum Resource Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, who was arrested in London and released on bail last Friday on allegations of bribery, corruption and money laundering, the law enforcement agencies in the UK have extended their dragnet to interrogating “persons of interest”.

The former minister was arrested by the British National Crime Agency (NCA) alongside four other people, but was granted bail after over five hours of questioning.

Even though the identities of the four other people arrested along with Mrs. Diezani-Alison were not disclosed, sources informed THISDAY that they were domestic staff and aides of the former minister.
NCA said investigations on the former minister were commenced in 2013 by the British authorities under the Proceeds of Crime Act (POCA) and transferred to it earlier this year.

Sources in the UK’s financial crimes bursting units informed THISDAY yesterday that they had invited the persons of interest to assist them with their investigations in relation to the former minister’s time when she held sway over the Nigerian oil and gas sector.

Those who have been invited include a UK-based real estate agent; Chairman/CEO of Aiteo Oil and Gas, Mr. Benedict Peters; the husband of Mrs. Melanie Spencer, from whom £10,000 was confiscated last week when the NCA arrested the former minister; and one Mr. Kevin Okyere, a Ghanaian national.

Others exclusively reported by THISDAY yesterday were UK-based Nigerian who has informed the police that he would make himself available whenever necessary, Mr. Kola Aluko; a staff of the London office of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Mr. Joe Mordi; the former minister’s London-based driver; another London-based driver/butler; and one of the co-founders of oil and gas trading firm Tridax Energy, Mr. Donald Chidi Amamgbo.

A source in the UK explained that though the “persons of interest” were not being charged with any crime, the authorities are inviting them to help them with their investigations.

The Ghanaian, Okyere, is the chief executive of Springfield Oil & Gas and also husband of a niece of the NPP 2016 flag bearer in the neighbouring country, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s wife.

Okyere, according to Ghanaian media reports, allegedly stashed monies in bank accounts in Ghana and overseas on behalf of the ex-Nigerian Minister of Petroleum.

In a related development, the Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, has described the ongoing trial of Mrs. Alison-Madueke as an appetizer to a main course of corruption trial that would soon follow.

Oshiomhole described the former minister's ordeal as a scratch in the surface and a tip of the iceberg considering her alleged financial malfeasances while she was in office as a former oil minister.

He also alleged that the former President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration ran the nation economy on a deficit for four consecutive years when crude oil was selling at average of $108 per barrel.
He also said that the last administration wasted about N3.5 trillion borrowed from pension funds on recurrent expenditure within the same period.

Speaking at the Presidential Villa yesterday, he said: “The truth is that a lot of money was stolen and what you are seeing is just a tip of the iceberg.

“When you imagine what accrued to Nigeria consistently from $140 to an average of $108 (per barrel) over a long period of time and yet your treasury is empty and you were running a budget deficit; you were devoting 85 per cent of your budget for four consecutive years to recurrent spending, you were borrowing and you drew the entire pensions fund.

“There have been probes, there have been revelations where whistle blowers have been removed from office; they became guilty for speaking out. I believe time will tell, how much was taken and who was involved. I think what you are hearing now is like an appetiser. It is sickening; it used to come from America, now it’s Britain.”

Providing more details on withdrawals made from the pension funds, Oshiomhole alleged: “You challenge Pencom (National Pension Commission) and the Ministry of Finance, you will discover that over N3.5 trillion was drawn down by the previous government from pension funds to support recurrent expenditure, not to support infrastructure.”

He submitted that the previous administration’s purported success in rebasing the nation’s economy never benefited the people, as the masses remained in abject poverty and deprivation.

Asked whether he was happy with the ouster of Jonathan from government, Oshiomhole said: “I was the happiest person because I've been in government for seven years without being in power. I was in government, I couldn’t call a Commissioner of Police and talk as a chief security officer.

“I was haunted by all manners of persons. You kill the snake in Edo, they will put the snake on life support in Abuja and they keep harassing us.

“Now, all those venoms are dead and buried. For the first time I’m excited and happy not just for personal benefits, but for the changes I’m beginning to see. They've not started scrutinising, just blocking the holes, it's no longer flowing like before and so the propensity to indulge in those conspicuous habits are already curbing themselves.

“People are regaining sanity, human rationality is returning and the idle class that makes money without office or business address, whose only address is an iPad and cell phone with appropriate phone numbers, are all lamenting and not sure of tomorrow.”
Also speaking, the Zamfara State Governor, Abdulaziz Yari called on Nigerians to support the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

He said the question of money laundry, which used to be an issue had become a thing of the past.
He said: “The practice whereby people put government money into their pockets has become history. As I watched Obama talking in Kenya that each and every $1 taken, if it is put into public use, it will be good. We should know that this country is our country.
“We have no other country where we will have the freedom to move around aside from Nigeria. So we are the people that are going to make it a better country.

“We travel abroad and see how they do their thing but when we come back, it becomes a problem to put it on the table and do the same.
“All of us need to put our hands on deck and make sure we support this government to fight corruption that leads to money laundering.”
He said the trial of the former petroleum minister in London should not be politicised but should be seen as a necessity to get things right.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/alison-madueke-british-authorities-extend-dragnet-to-persons-of-interest/222090/

lalasticlala, ishilove

4 Likes

Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by chocolateme(f): 9:08am On Oct 07, 2015
They should take it easy oo shaa, she is a woman and weak, I fear she may slump as she has been hospitalized for long. I never really liked her and these evils she has done but I don't want her to die or break down from heart attack. I will understand if you quote me negatively. By the way..

FTC
Chocolate cream

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by Zozot: 9:09am On Oct 07, 2015
sad sad
Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by vorigan: 9:18am On Oct 07, 2015
. . . . . . . . . . .of interest, Melanie Spencer (the lady who was in court with Diezani's mum) is the Ghanaian Kevin Okyere's girlfriend . . . . . . . .Kevin Okyere is the Chief Executive of Springfield Oil & Gas and a close ally of Mrs. bogey eyes

3 Likes

Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by mars123(m): 9:24am On Oct 07, 2015
This woman might have undergone an ABACHA-LIKE looting spree during Jonathan's tenure to warrant this type of seriousness on the part of the UK govenment.

1 Like

Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by OnReflection: 9:30am On Oct 07, 2015
Who are these other interesting parties?

L-R: The Group managing Director of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Dr. Joseph T. Dawha (right), congratulating the Chairman of Aiteo Group, Mr. [b]Benedict Peters (left) and the Managing Director of Shell Petroleum Development Company, Mr. Osagie Okunbor[/b]

Many have not heard the name Benedict Peters, but he is one of Nigeria’s billionaires. He is the CEO of Aieto Group which is majorly invested in the oil and gas sector. He has managed to stay away from the spotlight because according to him, he is a very reclusive person. Nonetheless, Benedict Peters is listed as the 17th richest person in Africa; with a net worth of approximately $2.7 billion. Gaining influence in the oil and gas industry, Peters is considered a leader in the field. As his company continues to grow, it is expected his wealth will grow too.
Source: http://www.brandpowerng.com/12-things-didnt-know-nigerian-billionaire-benedict-peters/

[img]http://247nigerianewsupdate.co/wp-content/uploads/Kola-Aluko.jpeg[/img]
Kola Aluko

In a week when UK law enforcement authorities arrested Mrs. Alison-Madueke in London and agents of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) searched her homes in Nigeria, Mr. Aluko was reportedly holed up in his Swiss mansion located at Catonale 17, 6948 Porza in Tocina, according to a source familiar with his whereabouts. Mr. Aluko is famous as one of the hitherto obscure individuals dusted up by the former Petroleum Minister to be fronts for her shady billion dollar schemes in the oil sector. A flamboyant man, Mr. Aluko relished his meteoric rise to stupendous wealth, purchasing villas, expensive cars, and a yacht, dating former supermodel Naomi Campbell, and partying with movie and entertainment stars in the UK, Europe and the US.
Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/10/07/kola-aluko-money-launderer-alison-madueke-jonathan-holed-swiss-estate

Kevin Okyere

KEVIN, THE HANDSOME GHANAIAN MILLIONAIRE AND NIGERIA’S BEAUTIFUL $20BN EX-PETROLEUM MINISTER

THE NEW STATESMAN 26 SEPTEMBER 2015

...In August 2014, the Premium Times reported how oil operators criticized the petroleum minister’s management style, blaming her for “micro-managing the entire industry as her personal estate using her personal aides to carry out key policies, rather than designated officials.”

The paper mentioned Eric Ufo, one of the minister’s many Personal Assistants/Special Advisers, who used to wield huge influence, “charged with the responsibility of interfacing with key industry players. After Mr. Ufo, the Minister appointed Kevin Alonzo and Kelvin Okyere as replacements, with wider powers,” the Premium Times reported.
Source: http://www.thestatesmanonline.com/index.php/politics/1341-kevin-the-handsome-ghanaian-millionaire-and-nigeria-s-beautiful-20bn-ex-petroleum-minister

Joe Mordi
<<Image missing>>>
Saharareporters discovered that Joe Mordi, one of the Petroleum Minister’s closest aides who works at the NNPC office in London, had booked Alison-Madueke into a one-bedroom suite at the exclusive Four Seasons Hotel located at the ritzy upscale mid-town New York address of 57 East 57th Street. The room at that hotel ran for the astounding price of $5,000.00 U.S. Dollars a night.
Source: http://www.theparadigmng.com/?p=18916

Chidi Donald Amamgbo, Chairman Mezcor SA

Diezani’s third accomplice is Donald Chidi Amamgbo, who studied law at Howard University in Washington DC at the same time when the former petroleum minister was studying there as a student of architecture. It is believed that they met each other in the US capital.

In January 2012, intelligence reports revealed that Amamgbo was suspended from practicing law in California, where he relocated, for one year.

He, however, seemed to have had his focus turned to managing three companies under his ownership (specifically: Tidax Energy, Mezcor SA, and Lynear SA).
Source: http://www.nigeriannewspapers.today/revealed-how-diezani-her-accomplices-laundered-stolen-money/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 07, 2015
chocolateme:
They should take it easy oo shaa, she is a woman and weak, I fear she may slump as she has been hospitalized for long.

When she was stealing the money, she didn't slump. When she was stealing the money that men couldn't steal, she wasn't weak. . .

Sometimes I wonder how some Nigerian youths think.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by APCREP: 9:43am On Oct 07, 2015
S
Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by Firefire(m): 9:43am On Oct 07, 2015
Okay
Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by nastyesco(m): 9:44am On Oct 07, 2015
Front page
Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by phransix147(m): 9:44am On Oct 07, 2015
In Baba Osho's voice " This is just an appetizer"

2 Likes

Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by Barselonia(m): 9:44am On Oct 07, 2015
chocolateme:
They should take it easy oo shaa, she is a woman and weak, I fear she may slump as she has been hospitalized for long.

if she like Make she slump and die, We would summon the gods to question is dead body....

she must produce all the looted funds.....

13 Likes

Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by shammah1(m): 9:44am On Oct 07, 2015
Hmnn
Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by Michellla(f): 9:44am On Oct 07, 2015
nairalandist:

When she was stealing the money, she didn't slump. When she was stealing the money that men couldn't steal, she wasn't weak. . .

it baffles

15 Likes

Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by macaranta(m): 9:44am On Oct 07, 2015
What if she's innocent of all these charges?Or is it that we just need to blame someone desperately for the Nigerian monumental woes? *just thinking out loud**

2 Likes

Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by chesterlee(m): 9:45am On Oct 07, 2015
She is presumed innocent until proven guilty!

2 Likes

Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by kelvyn7: 9:46am On Oct 07, 2015
shocked
Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by menix(m): 9:46am On Oct 07, 2015
Hmmm..

I don't mine to be that lady's person of interest at this stage..

Half bread is better than Lagos hunger..
Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by GentleYoung(m): 9:47am On Oct 07, 2015
Nawa ooo
Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by crispberry(f): 9:47am On Oct 07, 2015
Part 2
Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by kelvyn7: 9:47am On Oct 07, 2015
chocolateme:

but she sabi steal abi? angry

do u know how many people have slumped because of her stealing

i dont wish her death ooo but anybody that does not wish Nigeria well, God should wipe them out angry

11 Likes

Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by chocolateme(f): 9:47am On Oct 07, 2015
nairalandist:

smiley
Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 07, 2015
chocolateme:

And you are having sympathy for someone that has robbed Nigeria of its future?

8 Likes

Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by BCISLTD: 9:49am On Oct 07, 2015
angry every goat must vomit our yams....rubbish

Check my signature Call or whatsapp

2 Likes

Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 07, 2015
Michellla:

it baffles

i swear. It i was seun, i wouldn't only ban her but also block her ip. The dumbness of some Nigerians is really mind blowing. Spits on her

8 Likes

Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by chocolateme(f): 9:50am On Oct 07, 2015
kelvyn7:

but she sabi steal abi? angry

do u know how many people have slumped because of her stealing
you are right shaa. But if she dies, will it make it right?
Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by kelvyn7: 9:51am On Oct 07, 2015
chocolateme:
you are right shaa. But if she dies, will it make it right?

yes, by making others beware undecided

one major problem we have in the country is that people have been stealing and nothing happens for sooo long cry

I would like this to be extended to every person who stole, not just her angry

6 Likes

Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by Dennis07(m): 9:51am On Oct 07, 2015
Justice shall prevail

IF YOU CARE TO MANAGE YOUR DIABETES AND HYPERTENSION USING A NATURAL WAY... visit this link..

www.nairaland.com/2619089/natural-way-completely-manage-diabetes
Re: Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest by Querty(m): 9:52am On Oct 07, 2015
Everybody should just leave dis woman alone. She has done her best for dis country, she deserves to be honoured rather dan bin embarrassed on pages of papers.

in my own opinion, dis woman should be called bak to head d petroleum ministry for another 4years. She has great influence dat can turn tins around for dis country. all dis befallen her cos of d many toes she stepped on while in office..

weda u like it or not ,she remains an Idol.

anyway, I tink am ensnared by her sweet fragrance..

check my signature!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi Meets Leadership Of The Nigeria Labour Congress / Three Suspects Arrested In Connection With Killing Of 17 Soldiers In Delta / Picture: Jonathan's Wife Being Received On Arrival In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.