Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,601 members, 7,827,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Is Dangote Really The Richest Man In Africa - - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Dangote Really The Richest Man In Africa - (609 Views)

Jeff Bezos Overtakes Bill Gates To Become World's Richest Man / Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World / 280 Naira = 1 Dollar, Is Dangote's Prediction Coming True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Dangote Really The Richest Man In Africa - by Paschal001: 10:53am On Oct 07, 2015
It's rather a pity that Africa's richest man owns presumably the largest fleet of trucks in West Africa and interestingly his trucks, which lately have become an ubiquitous feature on most Nigeria's high way, are causing hardship to most travelers.
Today I and most Nigerian had to embark on a perilous 1.6km hike across the Niger with our luggage and under torrential downpour, because the billionaire's truck and another broke down right in the middle of the road. Causing all traffic outbound and inbound the southeast to the south and western part of the country to halt for hours. And some still thinking that constructing a second bridge across the Niger is doing Igbos a favour, BULLSHIT!
For me it's a second experience in less than a year, however truth be told; of what use is the title of Africa's richest man when you live in same city with the poorest man in the world?
Fact check: James Smithson donated the Smithsonian Institutes housing 19 museums with over 120 million collections.
Thomas Scott built the Pacific Railroad now known as the First Transcontinental Railroad linking the eastern and western seaboard of North America. Today this is the most vital communication route in the US of A
Cornelius Vanderbilt built the Grand Central Station which is regarded as the most majestic edifice of the twentieth century.
Andrew Carnegie's led the American steel revolution and at some point became the world's richest man. His philanthropy is legendary; He founded and funded the Carnegie Institute of Technology, Carnegie Library New York, contributed to the founding and funding University of Birmingham, He went as far wanting to buy the Filipinos their independence. The US government bought Philippines for $ 20 million.
Most significantly Carnegie authored the celebrated "gospel of wealth " which states in part;
“ I propose to take an income
no greater than $50,000 per
annum! Beyond this I need
ever earn, make no effort to
increase my fortune, but
spend the surplus each year
for benevolent purposes!
I hope to see our billionaire join forces to build key national assets beneficial to the ordinary Nigeria other than the incessant shameless media display of luxurious homes, fleet of expensive cars, customized private jets, bespoke wears, lavish wedding parties e.t.c. God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Man In Africa - by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 07, 2015
** scrolls music player**

** Locates "Olamide"**
Story for the gods, the gods o! gringrin

(1) (Reply)

Google Accidentally Sells Google On Google Domains For $12 / Who Needs A Perfume When You Have Got This ... / Yudala’s Business To Hit N500m Daily —PUNCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.