Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field (16583 Views)

Kogi Poll: Court Decides Wada, Bello, Faleke’s Fate Today / Kogi Poll: Wada Heads To Court / Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by SmithEnemona(m): 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
Kogi State Governor, Idris Wada, on Wednesday pleaded with President Muhammadu Buhari to ensure level playing field in the forthcoming gubernatorial elections in the state.

Wada is the Peoples Democratic Party’s candidate in the November election.

His major challenger in the election is former governor Abubakar Audu of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Speaking with State House correspondents after a meeting with President Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, the governor said his performance in office in the last three and half years would also speak for him.

Stressing that preparations for the elections are in top gear, Wada said he is working to ensure adequate security and transparent poll, which he believed Buhari would also support.

He said: “In terms of preparation, we are working hard. I am also working with security agencies to ensure that there is a secure and safe environment for our people in the course of the campaign and during the election.

“I will tell the people of the state to keep faith because we have a transparent President.

“Provided a level playing field is created and security is tightened, any miscreant dealt with in the course of the election and people given the opportunity to express their will, I believe that on the basis of performance I have laid down over the last three and a half years, our people will provide an overwhelming support for my candidacy. All we need is a level playing field.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/kogi-poll-wada-meets-buhari-seeks-level-playing-field/

Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by DONSMITH123(m): 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2015
The name Idris Wada alone got me angry.

The only Governor who has not paid his workers, yet coming back for re-election. Can't he use that money for election to pay his workers?

If am a kogites, i will not vote for Wada or Audu. lipsrsealed

39 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by donTbone(m): 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2015
tongue

ion know wah the illiterate has to offer...

Next please!

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2015
Ok
Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by chymystique(f): 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
SmithEnemona hmmmmm •Interesting.•

Is it that kogi people dont ve technocrats, intellects and capable hands who can govern the state except the likes of Wada and Audu?? Thats why that state will keep being the most backward state in Nigeria... The sooner kogites rejects their likes and vote for someone who has the interest of his people from other parties, the better for them

14 Likes

Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by OnankpaBa(m): 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
mtchew...We no get Governor.
Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by OnankpaBa(m): 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by oluwaSmith1(f): 1:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
Isokay
Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by oluwaSmith1(f): 1:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
OnankpaBa:
mtchew...We no get Governor.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by Republlican(f): 1:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
After the meeting he will turn to RADA cheesy
Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by kamair237(m): 1:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
pay back time.....
Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
Which workers are you talking about?
DONSMITH123:

The only Governor who has not paid his workers, yet coming back for re-election. Can't he use that money for election to pay his workers?

3 Likes

Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2015
chymystique:

Is that kogi people dont ve technocrats, intellects and capable hands who can govern the state except the likes of Wada and Audu?? Thats why that state will keep being the most backward state in Nigeria... The sooner kogites rejects their likes and vote for someone who has the interest of his people from other parties, the better for them

You should ask Buhari this questions about Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by chymystique(f): 2:09pm On Oct 07, 2015
OnankpaBa:
we no get governor

you can become the governor... lol.. cause if you guys are hoping on Audu and Wada, thats going to be another wasted four years for kogites..

3 Likes

Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by OnankpaBa(m): 2:12pm On Oct 07, 2015
chymystique:

you can become the governor... lol.. cause if you guys are hoping on Audu and Wada, thats going to be another wasted four years for kogites..

YESOOO... Thank you my dear...i will start the campagn right here... grin

1 Like

Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by OnankpaBa(m): 2:14pm On Oct 07, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Guy, don't ask Sir DON which workers. I work with kogi state government. Ministry of Education as am typing, am yet to be paid for 4 months.

14 Likes

Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by OnankpaBa(m): 2:15pm On Oct 07, 2015
chymystique:

Is that kogi people dont ve technocrats, intellects and capable hands who can govern the state except the likes of Wada and Audu?? Thats why that state will keep being the most backward state in Nigeria... The sooner kogites rejects their likes and vote for someone who has the interest of his people from other parties, the better for them

I wish they will listen
Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by alaoeri: 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2015
Jagaban is about to extend his empire to Kogi, APC is winning & Audu's deputy is Tinubu's boy straight outta Lagos. cheesy
Politics aside, Kogi is in a sorry state.

3 Likes

Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by Acidosis(m): 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2015
DONSMITH123:

99% of civil servants will pick a Wada over an Audu. Wada pays them salaries. Audu is on a revenge mission.

Audu has come to destroy Kogi state.
Tinubu sent Faleke (Eko Informant) to milk the state's treasury because he can't control Audu.

How can a man who has spent all his days representing Ikeja LGA leave Lagos for Kogi.

We the people of Kogi prefer to die in Wada's arms than live in the arms of Audu Abubakar - The only serving governor in the history of Nigeria that builds a state university and named it Prince Abubakar Audu University (PAAU).

Obviously, many do not know the current Kogi State University was formerly called PAAU grin grin

If left to choose between Audu or Death, I will pick Death.

11 Likes

Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by themilanway(m): 2:27pm On Oct 07, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Wada knows he is a goner.

The problem with these so called"leaders"is they refuse to do the right thing at the right time.Example,deceiving yourself into believing that you will wipe out boko haram one month to the election,infact the election had to be post poned so as wipe out boko haram cheesy cheesy cheesy

Cluelessness right?

Mr Wada,Buhari has more than enough on his plates to worry himself about whether you pay your workers salary or not.

If you had done the right thing you wouldn't be seeking for a level playing ground.

Level playing ground or not,you are a goner anyway.Say me well to uncle Joe

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by OnankpaBa(m): 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
lalasticlala
Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by chymystique(f): 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
OnankpaBa:

YESOOO... Thank you my dear...i will start the campagn right here... grin

Abeg dont forget me oo.. I would like to be your Accountant- General incharge of the state treasury gringrin

DONSMITH123:
I concur @ bold sentence!
Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by omusiliyu(m): 2:50pm On Oct 07, 2015
PDP will rise again

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by anigbajumo(m): 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
gan gan
Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by damton(m): 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by ionsman: 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
No other contestants apart from those two thieves?

1 Like

Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by phransix147(m): 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
I like Capt. Wada because of his brother which happens to be my boss Engr. Wada but am not sure my liking him can save him in the coming elections in Kogi state...
Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by hardywaltz(m): 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
For where
Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by Evathyst(f): 2:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
This useless man should stop disturbing himself. As far as Kogi election is concerned, he's a goner. He thinks it's like the regime of GEJ when they (in connivance with INEC) rigged out our Prince of hope.

Captain Wada, was the playing ground level then?

4 Likes

Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by 360ng: 2:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
ok
Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by sunnyanet(m): 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
Vote not fight..let there be peace. Today is my BIRTHDAY.. even though d world did not end today as predicted by some ppl, thank God for d grace of making me celebrate anoda Oct 7th. I want to appreciate my lovely wife Bolajoko who woke me up as early as 12AM today with prayers for me on my bday, not forgetting my lovely kids Mathew and the twins Desmond and Edmond. Love u all. To my Nairalanders it is well with u all. HBD to me.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field by Bitterleafsoup: 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
APC is not going anywhere in Kogi they rather deal wit the devil they know..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Forgotten Children Of Benue (Photo) / Reno Omokri: Obidients Are More Suited For Terrorism Than Politics / Cost Of Living Protest: TUC Faults NLC, Says Action May Bring Anarchy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.