Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,730 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

My Laptop Does Not Detect New Hardware - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Laptop Does Not Detect New Hardware (4578 Views)

Help!!! My Laptop Does Not Detect My Hsdpa Modem / My Laptop Does Not Open Facebook / Laptop Does Not Detect Usb Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Laptop Does Not Detect New Hardware by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 23, 2009
Please help me out anyone.my laptop does not detect new hardware.i just found out now that i want to connect my phone to it via usb.the little pop up that says found new hardware does not come up on my system.i formated it some weeks back.can that be the cause.any way out?pls help.
Re: My Laptop Does Not Detect New Hardware by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 23, 2009
I checked again and i found out my system can actually detect new hardware because i used an external bluetooth device and it found it and installed it.but why does it not detect usb cables or anything i put in the usb ports?pls help
Re: My Laptop Does Not Detect New Hardware by ramonmulti(m): 1:21pm On Apr 23, 2009
Are you sure you drive all the hardwares very well?
Re: My Laptop Does Not Detect New Hardware by EngrYinka(m): 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2009
call me for immediate solution.

yinka 08064961541

Or

email : dominion_computers@rocketmail.com
Re: My Laptop Does Not Detect New Hardware by opensource(m): 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2009
@Engr Yinka this is a public forum , and except the need for further contact is necessary ,why not try to answer the question so that all with similar problem can benefit from it.

First of all is this a China phone ?Whats the phone make , model so that we can provide stright answers

Sometimes you need the software installed first before it finds the hardware.
Also as surprising as it may sound, it should be called "plug and pray", not all devices are found on first boot, sometimes you need to give it a hint by using the "install new hardware" option, this will cause it to look closer for a new device, and even then sometimes it simply can't see it until you force it by installing the device drivers.

Plug and play in all of Microsofts operating systems only detects those items that are truly plug and play. The earlier US Robotic modems and phones were not plug and play as they had described on the box and to get the plug and play feature you had to remove all the jumpers from the modem. Then, you had to go into the control panel and use the Add New Hardware wizard to add the device. If your modem comes with jumper pins on it then it is not a true plug and play device. If you go into the Add New Hardware wizard, it will probably detect the device however.
Re: My Laptop Does Not Detect New Hardware by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 24, 2009
@ Opensource,

Thanks for the Info, Its a Nokia 2600c, Though the Cable is not from Nokia, I later put some other USB like my jpeg Camera and behold found new hardware poped up, So i am guessing its the cable, My problem is this same cable when inserted in other PCs pops up the found new hard ware, As for the software,its a fake because its a trial version of some Oxygen Mobile Manager,

I'd appreciate it if anyone can tell me where to get ORGINAL KOKIA 2600 CLASSIC USB,

@ Engineer Yinka,

Na wa for you ooo,
Re: My Laptop Does Not Detect New Hardware by blackweaver(m): 12:10am On Apr 25, 2009
go to device manager then insert your usb device; i believe you should see a yellow question mark
indicating that the driver for the device is not installed or if the drivers are already on installed you should
see some other device; if not then select action -> scan for hardware changes
Re: My Laptop Does Not Detect New Hardware by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 25, 2009
google nokia pc suite

download and install it.

that should resolve any problems

in future, always ensure that you have the installation media of every software you use on dvd or external hard drive

(1) (Reply)

What Is Adware.win32.hotbar.cc And Adware.win32.180 Solution / Etisalat Usb Modem. / To Watch TV on a PC. Any Ideas How?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.