|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,163,783 members, 4,714,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 23 January 2019 at 09:00 PM
22-Year-Old Man Caught Molesting 10-Year-Old Girl In Umuahia, Disgraced By Mob / Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today / The 22 Powerrrless Commandments Of Nairaland: A Nairalander's Experience (2) (3) (4)
|The 22 Powerless Commandments Of Nairaland: A Nairalander's Experience by terzurum5(m): 8:39pm On Oct 07, 2015|
Since I joined Nairaland I have carefully read the 22 notable Nairaland (NL) rules to make sure I do not go against them, atleast so that I might not be punished, but to no avail. I don't know if I may be right to conclude that 'NL (modes) punish people for offences they have not committed' or is it that some of the rules are not pronounced deliberately so as to harm some unsuspecting NLs? And why is it that most of the people who break the most pronounced rules are not even questioned?
The issue of incessant ban on some section or all sections on NL is what comes to mind. Since I joined NL, I have undergone so many bans which I can't even count. Any time I discover I have been banned, I quickly rush back to read the 22 rules, to see if I have broken any but still find none. Sometime ago, a Nairalander told me that my incessant bans could be as a result of numerous posts on different threads, which I am fond of most of the time. When I noticed it, I went back to check if such is among the rules, but found none.
Now my question is this, why punish people for an offence you never included in the rules
As I speak to you now I am undergoing ban on the sports section; the reason might still be that I have made posts on different threads in the same Sports section, an offence which is not listed among the 22 NL rules.
The 22 Rules are listed below:-
Please Observe The Following Rules
1. Please post all threads in the right section, and don't derail threads by posting off topic.
2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.
3. Don't THREATEN, advocate, or encourage violent acts against any person, tribe, race, animals, or group.
4. Discussions of the art of love-making should be restricted to the hidden sexuality section.
5. Don't post pornographic or disgusting pictures or videos on any section of Nairaland.
6. Don't post adverts or affiliate links outside the areas where adverts are explicitly allowed.
7. Don't say, do, or THREATEN to do anything that's detrimental to the security, success, or reputation of Nairaland.
8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.
9. Don't use Nairaland for illegal acts, e.g scamming, copyright infringment, hacking, gay meetings, and incitement.
10. Don't violate the privacy of any Nairaland member e.g. by posting personal details/conversations without permission.
11. Don't create distracting posts with: ALL WORDS BOLD / huge font sizes / ALL CAPS / distracting images.
12. Don't insert signatures into your posts. Instead, add the desired signature to your profile.
13. Please report any post or topic that violates the rules of Nairaland using the (Report) button.
14. Please search the forum before creating a new thread on Nairaland.
15. Don't attempt to post censored words by misspelling them.
16. Don't promote MLM schemes, HYIPS, or other questionable schemes on Nairaland.
18. Don't spam the forum by advertising in the wrong places or posting the same content many times.
19. Don't create a new account when banned for breaking a rule. If you do, make sure we don't find out.
20. Never try to INCITE people against moderators and admins. Please obey, respect, and cooperate with them.
21. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.
22. Don't ask Nairaland members for contact details (email, phone, bbpin) or investments.
Note: The essence of my post is not to incite NL members against the modes, but to provide an avenue for for those who are victims like my self, my be there is something we are doing wrong.
Source: Self, new posts, modify posts, e.t.c.
|Re: The 22 Powerless Commandments Of Nairaland: A Nairalander's Experience by INTROVERT(f): 8:41pm On Oct 07, 2015|
ī ļľ bě bæcķ.
|Re: The 22 Powerless Commandments Of Nairaland: A Nairalander's Experience by midehi2(f): 8:44pm On Oct 07, 2015|
|Re: The 22 Powerless Commandments Of Nairaland: A Nairalander's Experience by sonofjah55(m): 8:48pm On Oct 07, 2015|
|Re: The 22 Powerless Commandments Of Nairaland: A Nairalander's Experience by terzurum5(m): 8:49pm On Oct 07, 2015|
|Re: The 22 Powerless Commandments Of Nairaland: A Nairalander's Experience by Babe2sure(f): 8:53pm On Oct 07, 2015|
Victim of incessant bans. Lol....
There is what we do call "unwritten rules" meant to entrap intentionally or expects one to use one's discretion or out of omission..
But it will be better if the MODS clarify on the issues so that people will avoid uneccessary bans, or better still add them to the existing rules.
I can't say more. I don't want to experience it. At least, for now.
|Re: The 22 Powerless Commandments Of Nairaland: A Nairalander's Experience by terzurum5(m): 9:32pm On Oct 07, 2015|
Babe2sure:Thats exactly what am saying
|Re: The 22 Powerless Commandments Of Nairaland: A Nairalander's Experience by passionate88: 9:55pm On Oct 07, 2015|
Sometimes no b the mods, na antispermbots.
|Re: The 22 Powerless Commandments Of Nairaland: A Nairalander's Experience by Babe2sure(f): 10:31pm On Oct 07, 2015|
Oh yeah. Mention their names in your post.
Female Undergraduate Raped To Death In Cameroon: (photos) / Thug Breaks In Stranger’s Garage, But Guess Who Was Already There? / After Embezzling N1b, Delta Poly Oghara Rector, Clara Sogbaike Gives Gun To Cult
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53