Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch (1880 Views)

Senate Receives, Acknowledges Buhari's Resumption Letter / Senators Investigating Petitions Against The Ministerial Nominees (Photos) / Senate Committee Suspends Petition Against Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by myners007: 2:33am On Oct 08, 2015
No fewer than 10 individuals and groups had presented various petitions to the Senate through its Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Petitions against the 21 ministerial nominees presented for screening by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Investigations by one of our correspondents on Wednesday revealed that apart from the petition against the former Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, which was submitted to the Senate in plenary, other Nigerians had forwarded no fewer than nine others to the committee.

A member of the parliamentary staff, who works closely with the committee, told one of our correspondents, on condition of anonymity, that the petitions had been properly documented for consideration.

The source said, “I don’t really know the accurate number of petitions we have received so far, I am not in the office at the moment but they should be up to 10.”

The Committee chairman, Senator Samuel Anyawu, did not speak on the issue when one of our correspondents called him on the telephone on Wednesday evening.

He said, “I will speak with you later please, I am sorry.”

Meanwhile, the Presidency on Wednesday said it would take its time before reacting to the various criticisms trailing the Tuesday’s announcement of President Buhari’s ministerial nominees by the President of the Senate, Dr. Bukola Saraki.

Saraki had at plenary announced 21 names as contained in the ministerial list sent to him on September 30, saying the screening of the nominees would commence on Tuesday, October 13.

But the announcement attracted criticisms with many saying the names on the list did not worth the wait for four months before making the names public.

When contacted, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said the Presidency was aware of the criticisms.

Shehu said the Presidency would however not react yet because it expected that many more criticisms would still follow.

He said, “We will react to the various criticisms at the appropriate time. We are aware of the criticisms and we expect that more will still follow. We will react to all of them at the same time.”

Ahttp://www.punchng.com/news/senate-receives-10-petitions-against-amaechi-others/
Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by Ajaoogbo: 2:37am On Oct 08, 2015
Noted!
Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by uboma(m): 2:49am On Oct 08, 2015
The nomination of Ameachi as a minister was already dead on arrival.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by oismail(m): 3:20am On Oct 08, 2015
BRB
Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by Cutehector(m): 3:26am On Oct 08, 2015
A brave man will always be a brave man.. And wen d lord says yes, no mudafvcker can say no.

Amaechi is a lion.. Its a fact dat a man who is hated by d people is a friend of God! Look at how buhari was attacked left right center by d pdp during his campaign, isn't he nad the president of nigeria?

Let the dogs continue to bark, when d lion strolls in, dey will all shut d fvck up.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by Nobody: 3:35am On Oct 08, 2015
Reading....
Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by warrior01: 3:40am On Oct 08, 2015
Cutehector:
A brave man will always be a brave man.. And wen d lord says yes, no mudafvcker can say no.

Amaechi is a lion.. Its a fact dat a man who is hated by d people is a friend of God! Look at how buhari was attacked left right center by d pdp during his campaign, isn't he nad the president of nigeria?

Let the dogs continue to bark, when d lion strolls in, dey will all shut d fvck up.

Amaechi was never a lion but a mere Judas who betrayed his people for a mere ministerial post. Will he succeed and how will he end? Let wait and see as karma is a biatch

5 Likes

Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by gladiolus: 3:52am On Oct 08, 2015
Ok
Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by gladiolus: 3:52am On Oct 08, 2015
Sorry no space for anti ameachi for FP ;DSorry no space for anti ameachi for FP

1 Like

Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by gladiolus: 3:53am On Oct 08, 2015
Aiye tootoo akamora
Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by gladiolus: 3:54am On Oct 08, 2015
I'm sure Ameachi is doing night vigil on his enemies and insha allahu God will answer your prayers and see you through, I'm sure your enemies will be the first to congratulate you and they will eat their fingers in regret for looking down on you. AMIN!!!

Instead we should look for way forward for the country na judas we dey shout and look for, go check your bible you go see am

3 Likes

Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by Sanchez01: 3:56am On Oct 08, 2015
warrior01:

Amaechi was never a lion but a mere Judas who betrayed his people for a mere ministerial post. Will he succeed and how will he end? Let wait and see as karma is a biatch
Truth be told, I'm indifferent about Amaechi being on the list, as long as Fayemi and Fashola are there. However, the many political errors cum shallow permutations wailers put up on this forum has left the likes of me not only to admire Amaechi but to love him. You all predicted his end against Jonathan but reverse was the case. He championed the downfall of Jonathan.

Seeing that's not enough, you all took solace in telling yourselves that he won't be recognized under a tribalistic president, again, reverse is the case. Amaechi has been around, noticed and visible like a 64 inches LG television around the president.

"Amaechi won't make the cut", he did and now you're all perplexed. "Amaechi would never become a minister", we're still on that and we know how it would end.

I have heard and seen cries/wailings with moves/actions, una own na lie. You all come to Nairaland to make yourself feel good when in reality you cannot argue or protest Amaechi's case from your living room to the entrance of your street/avenue or wherever.

Cowards only quake and hide when they have erred. Amaechi is one, if not THE toughest politicians I have seen in Nigeria. Give it to him, abeg!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by Sanchez01: 4:03am On Oct 08, 2015
gladiolus:
I'm sure Ameachi is doing night vigil on his enemies and insha allahu God will answer your prayers and see you through, I'm sure your enemies will be the first to congratulate you and they will eat their fingers in regret for looking down on you. AMIN!!!

Instead we should look for way forward for the country na judas we dey shout and look for, go check your bible you go see am
The Gospel truth is this, there would be wailings on Tuesday when Amaechi stands before the Senate. He'll be mocked even but he'll eventually be allowed, not because "he is clean" but because the petitions coming in now are late. Wike was clearly sleeping before now. Like many here, he was sure Amaechi will not be considered.

The president has chosen. If Amaechi has the tendency to outperform a/the previous minister in the capacity he'll function in, then no problem. He should go on ahead.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by warrior01: 4:04am On Oct 08, 2015
Sanchez01:

Truth be told, I'm indifferent about Amaechi being on the list, as long as Fayemi and Fashola are there. However, the many political errors cum shallow permutations wailers put up on this forum has left the likes of me not only to admire Amaechi but to love him. You all predicted his end against Jonathan but reverse was the case. He championed the downfall of Jonathan.

Seeing that's not enough, you all took solace in telling yourselves that he won't be recognized under a tribalistic president, again, reverse is the case. Amaechi has been around, noticed and visible like a 64 inches LG television around the president.

"Amaechi won't make the cut", he did and now you're all perplexed. "Amaechi would never become a minister", we're still on that and we know how it would end.

I have heard and seen cries/wailings with moves/actions, una own na lie. You all come to Nairaland to make yourself feel good when in reality you cannot argue or protest Amaechi's case from your living room to the entrance of your street/avenue or wherever.

Cowards only quake and hide when they have erred. Amaechi is one, if not THE toughest politicians I have seen in Nigeria. Give it to him, abeg!

Even after his sojourn with his masters in Abuja, will he not go back to the same people he betrayed? How would his end be? Please don't pray to be an outcast

1 Like

Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by gladiolus: 4:08am On Oct 08, 2015
Sanchez01:

The Gospel truth is this, there would be wailings on Tuesday when Amaechi stands before the Senate. He'll be mocked even but he'll eventually be allowed, not because "he is clean" but because the petitions coming in now are late. Wike was clearly sleeping before now. Like many here, he was sure Amaechi will not be considered.

The president has chosen. If Amaechi has the tendency to outperform a/the previous minister in the capacity he'll function in, then no problem. He should go on ahead.
wow before this year finish your glory and success shall surprise your enemies. Amin!!!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by Sanchez01: 4:12am On Oct 08, 2015
gladiolus:
wow before this year finish your glory and success shall surprise your enemies. Amin!!!
Amen, you too brogrin
Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by gladiolus: 4:14am On Oct 08, 2015
Sanchez01:
Amen, you too brogrin
thanks I appreciate
Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by Sanchez01: 4:20am On Oct 08, 2015
warrior01:

Even after his sojourn with his masters in Abuja, will he not go back to the same people he betrayed? How would his end be? Please don't pray to be an outcast
Prophet warrior, since you can tell his inevitable end, please amuse me and other curious Nairalanders what awaits him. And in what sense did he betray his people. Did he leave Rivers a PDP politician only to return and APC man Please enlighten me on this. Perhaps you're referring to the downfall of Jonathangrin Amaechi may have championed the cause but he didn't do it alone. Frustrated Nigerians joined him to kick Jonathan and Patience outgringrin

1 Like

Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by modath(f): 4:29am On Oct 08, 2015
All these petitions will amount to fetching water in a basket: an exercise in futility!!

They are the people causing great harm to the environment; Paper Wasters dem... sad

1 Like

Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by hereiam: 4:40am On Oct 08, 2015
gladiolus:

you must be one of the blind political supporters, you cant see beyond your nose. i strongly bliv you are kick n follow. am absolutely sure.
you should be at the river fishing.
Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by WailingWailer00(m): 5:09am On Oct 08, 2015
Buhari is a fool for producing this useless list

A big fool undecided

I wail for my dear nation cry
Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by onismate: 5:18am On Oct 08, 2015
10 petitions against Amaechi! for only one person head. ! hmmmmmm na only God go save this man. but the way am seeing this, the petitions may not affect , he will still pass the screening.
Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by malton: 5:19am On Oct 08, 2015
Never knew they dreaded him this much. He must truly be a lion. The epithet, "lion of Ubima" must have had an effect on their psyche. They may come in one direction but will flee in a thousand ways. The look on his face alone is enough to send shivers down their spine. The guy is that fiery!

Their only grouse with him has always been, "he betrayed our own."
Bunch of nincompoops!

3 Likes

Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 08, 2015
onismate:
10 petitions against Amaechi! for only one person head. ! hmmmmmm na only God go save this man. but the way am seeing this, the petitions may not affect , he will still pass the screening.

It is not 10 againat Amaechi. U lack comprehension. It is 10 petition in total received by senate againat some nominees with amaechi among. Amaechi only have one petition among the 10 petition received by senate.
Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by authorMOSES(m): 8:44am On Oct 08, 2015
What does apc even stand for?apc said they want to change nigeria from pdp's 16yrs rule.obasanjo pdp, was petroleum minister.buhari apc,also want to be petroleum minister.the military check points were allover the country under pdp's gvmt,apc came with thier change & dismantled the checkpoints.three months after they made a dramatic u turn back to what pdp did.apc were busy calling deziani thief.while praising amaechi lion of ubiama!!! Apc said, saraki's assets declaration was fake, while tinubu is thier lion of bourdillion!!! Jonathan have not hellipad in otuoke,while apc changed gvmt paid #60million land compasation were they will build hellipad!!! The most indebted states in nigeria are apc's states!!the poorest states in nigeria are apc's states!!the most illiterate states in nigeria are apc's states!! The most volatile,troublesome states in nigeria are apc's states!!! Pls if u catch ten thieves deal with them all as thieves.

1 Like

Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by gladiolus: 8:59am On Oct 08, 2015
hereiam:

you must be one of the blind political supporters, you cant see beyond your nose. i strongly bliv you are kick n follow. am absolutely sure.
you should be at the river fishing.
shu who get this chicken, mama ebele your chicken don come my house again oo!!! So prayer wey I give am still fit affect una
Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by Demdem(m): 9:04am On Oct 08, 2015
warrior01:

Shut ur trap Goon. Which people did he betray? Is Jonah-daft "his people "? Was it not his cries of snatched oil wells which brought bad blood that is the Genesis of all these? The same oil wells wike is currently begging to be returned. Did Jonah-daft not also not betray him by aligning with an aboki instead of him when it mattered? The last time Amaechi was in PH, he entered like a king and it was obvious his people loved him. That u wike thugs hate him is understandable but is plain silly to believe that whatever u fools want the entire rivers people also want.
Amaechi is and remain a respected son among his people. Chew on that.
Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by leederrty1997: 9:08am On Oct 08, 2015
Hmmm, God knows the best.

For more of Nigerian histories, culture and traditions, places, legends and lifestyle in early nigeria, visit www.oldnaija. and thank me later.
Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by Jesusloveyou: 10:25am On Oct 08, 2015
uboma:
The nomination of Ameachi as a minister was already dead on arrival.
na u kill na on arrival?

1 Like

Re: Senate Receives 10 Petitions Against Amaechi, Others-the Punch by sammyj: 11:16am On Oct 08, 2015
This is the story of #Tastebymoonlight !!!! grin grin

(1) (Reply)

A Showcase of Dickheads / Caption This Photo Of Amaechi & Aisha Buhari / Nigeria Needs More Than Patch-patch Change- Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.