Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,788 members, 7,851,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:21 AM

Obj Scores Sa Polls High - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obj Scores Sa Polls High (780 Views)

Kogi Polls: Police Uncover Plan To Dress Thugs In Police Uniform / Scores Of Boko Haram Members Feared Dead In Battle With Troops / Another Great Man Of God Gives Clear Verdict About February Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obj Scores Sa Polls High by vwvw(m): 1:16pm On Apr 23, 2009
The head of the AU observer team to SA. Nigeria’s former leader Olusegun Obasanjo says South Africa’s general elections were free fair and credible.

Obasanjo had who had toured the Kwazulu-Natal, Nanka, Durban and two other areas, observing the polls said the electorate had exercised their voting rights with enthusiasm which was indicative of their desire to make a success of the polls despite genuine fear.

He said his impression of the polls is a testimony to the birthing of a mature democracy in South Africa. The chief AU observer argued that the incidents of electoral malpractices were isolated and would not affect the credibility of the election. ‘We cannot legislate for the behavior of electoral officials, we must make allowance for human error’ The former Nigerian leader argued adding that if 4 electoral fraud incidents were reported in the entire country, the electoral commission-IEC deserved to be congratulated, http://connectafrica./2009/04/23/obasanjo-scores-sa-polls-high/
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by chidichris(m): 1:45pm On Apr 23, 2009
what has really happened to shame in our lives? whosoever made obj an observer in an election must have his brains re-examined.
the truth of the matter is that south africa is now in reverse drive.
obj is not worthy to be someone's father. he represents shame and embarrassment. how can a man who made mockery of nigerian's electorial system a couple of months back be appointed an observer in a country like south africa. i must congratulate ghana on that note.
if by obj's judgements, an election is free and fair, it means there wa no election.
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by MrCrackles(m): 1:48pm On Apr 23, 2009
OBJ is a shameless village goat!
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by AKO1(m): 1:57pm On Apr 23, 2009
chidichris:

what has really happened to shame in our lives? whosoever made obj an observer in an election must have his brains re-examined.
the truth of the matter is that south africa is now in reverse drive.
obj is not worthy to be someone's father. he represents shame and embarrassment. how can a man who made mockery of nigerian's electorial system a couple of months back be appointed an observer in a country like south africa. i must congratulate ghana on that note.
if by obj's judgements, an election is free and fair, it means there wa no election.

Exactly how I felt when I heard.
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by desgiezd(m): 2:54pm On Apr 23, 2009
Some people are just shameless.
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by deb(m): 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2009
OBJ is a shameless village goat!

Guys take it easy o, but true true some people no get shame o.
Who chose him? shocked
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by IFELEKE(m): 3:28pm On Apr 23, 2009
Obj and his drama of shame,
Well Am not surprised he said the election was free and fair,He was comparing it with the one he did here.
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by vwvw(m): 4:43pm On Apr 23, 2009
grin obj-vilage goat.but apparently it appears he is Nigeria's bright and shining lamp to the outside world.
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by ikeyman00(m): 5:17pm On Apr 23, 2009
obj-vilage goat.but apparently it appears he is Nigeria's bright and shining lamp to the outside world.

ppl like u should put a tire on the neck with some lighter

u just disrespected nigeria!!!

no suprised doe
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by chidichris(m): 5:25pm On Apr 23, 2009
obj-vilage goat.but apparently it appears he is Nigeria's bright and shining lamp to the outside world.

vwvw,
i knew it. i had a hiden agenda. how do u define bright? what is a lamp? i really do not want to insult u if obj is a lamp in ur world, it means u are not existing.
obj was picked by a few general whose selfish interests were to be protected. he did not pass election in yoruba land in 1999. he manipulated his way back in 2003 seeked a third term and failed. to remain protected he installed an expired machine through which he has been having his ways in attending international prpgrammes. because of this projection of obj as a lamp, nigeria has remained in abject poverty and darkness.
a man who has lost his values in his immediate family can never be a lamp to over 150 million people. he is nothing but a lamp that does not give light rather bring darkness to his own son's marriage. what a shameless lamp?
a man of no morales. an elder of negative reputations. a diehard criminal. a disgrace to old age. how come he cannot retire like other elders. when in his life will he st down and enjoy the fruits of all his labours. when will he be an elder that he is supposed to be. a normal man will learn from his trip to london. his shamelessness was climaxed on his hardtalk appearance.
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by vwvw(m): 5:32pm On Apr 23, 2009
Hey bru cool down. obj ain't my lantern or candle.but then i'm not the AU that's being appointing him grin
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by SegzyJoe(m): 5:23pm On Apr 24, 2009
@post
so much hatred on this forum against Obj, some of you Obj haters should just think for a second, if your fathers were given the same opportunity as Obj whether they would have done better for Nigeria. by the way, I have noticed this internalized hatred, hatred has never been of any good to the haters, am sure some of you would be worst than Obj were you to be Local Govt Chairmen let alone a president. Calling an elderly man like Obj all kind of names is a testimony of a character weakness which in my opinion is not a virtue of leaders
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by bawomolo(m): 5:39pm On Apr 24, 2009
the same AU that believes Sudan shouldn't be investigated for war crimes. Yes they are credible.
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by gudtime4us: 5:58pm On Apr 24, 2009
what has really happened to shame in our lives? whosoever made obj an observer in an election must have his brains re-examined

You can't be wiser than AU.
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by oderemo(m): 8:34pm On Apr 24, 2009
if your fathers were given the same opportunity as Obj whether they would have done better for Nigeria

1. if obj was my father he would not have rigged the election or install yar ar dull.
2.from north to south infact every nook and cranny of the country would have just the basic human needs , electricity,water , good and simple shelter above there heads.
3. from top to bottom in govt will have to account to Nigerians what they are worth, my dad might not build super highways but will build linking roads everywhere so goods and individual can securely move from a to b.
4. apart from all these my dad will not disgrace himself shamelessly everywhere especially by me dragging him to court.

unfortunately my dad is dead, but will still leave a good legacy behind
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by chidichris(m): 9:00am On Apr 25, 2009
so much hatred on this forum against Obj, some of you Obj haters should just think for a second, if your fathers were given the same opportunity as Obj whether they would have done better for Nigeria. by the way, I have noticed this internalized hatred, hatred has never been of any good to the haters, am sure some of you would be worst than Obj were you to be Local Govt Chairmen let alone a president. Calling an elderly man like Obj all kind of names is a testimony of a character weakness which in my opinion is not a virtue of leaders

SegzyJoe,
do u call this man a father? can u accuse ur father of sleeping with ur wife? will u make such man ur father? is this type of man ur dream father? are u comparing this man to ur own father? is ur real father this shameless?

if u have yes for any of these questions, i suggest suicide for u. fathers disown their children when they behave in a certain manner and the same is the case on the reverse. if i fall into the hands of obj as a father, i will waste no time in disowning him.
what if he was killed by the angry students in london? in fact, u are a disgrace for such a father.
adedibu can equally be ur father. satan can equally father u. do u know if u have a father and he happens to read what u write here, he will definitely disown u. unless ur father is part of this criminal minded fathers.
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by philip0906(m): 10:06am On Apr 25, 2009
@ segzyjoe

mmm, a load of rubbish!
@chidicris
Don't mind him!!i'm sure the obj is his townsman grin
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by FrankC3: 11:18am On Apr 25, 2009
what has happened to judgment based purely on facts and not merely emotional outbursts?

My judgment is that OBJ is not perfect but compared to where we were coming from, he started off excellently but messed up in the areas of overshadowing personal interest, ambition and overbearing attitude. If you base your judgment on facts, then OBJ is as good as he is bad. I have Yar'dua's OBJ policy reversal and counter reversal to prove it. Policy-wise, OBJ has it. In terms of character, he is not the best.

Coming to putting Yar'dua there, Chris Uba put Ngige in Anambra govt house and we know the result. Tinubu put Fashola in Lagos govt house and we know the result. If OBJ is really that bad, i challenge YRD to give us something to talk about and not just two years of policy reversal. Let him learn from Ngige and Fashola. Period!
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by SegzyJoe(m): 8:25am On Apr 27, 2009
@ Chidichris
I think sometimes you allow your emotion to override your sense of judgment. anyway, its a common problem on this forum, arguement that lacks consistency and logic flow of thoughts.

It is amazing that the only explanation you have for your hatred for Obj is that his son accused him of sleeping with his wife. I bet some of you hypocrites have done worse things.

Sincerely, I don't want to go further with you, most of your posts are too subjective and often times lacks intellectual premise for me to get involved with you. this is what happens when newspaper stand political analysts are the majority poster on Nairaland politics section.
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by ifyalways(f): 8:41am On Apr 27, 2009
what is this mans' secret I mean,how can he be almost always rated high @ the outside world?.First the UN job,then This wtf undecided
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by desgiezd(m): 9:46am On Apr 27, 2009
Frank-C:

what has happened to judgment based purely on facts and not merely emotional outbursts?

My judgment is that OBJ is not perfect but compared to where we were coming from, he started off excellently but messed up in the areas of overshadowing personal interest, ambition and overbearing attitude. If you base your judgment on facts, then OBJ is as good as he is bad. I have Yar'dua's OBJ policy reversal and counter reversal to prove it. Policy-wise, OBJ has it. In terms of character, he is not the best.

Coming to putting Yar'dua there, Chris Uba put Ngige in Anambra govt house and we know the result. Tinubu put Fashola in Lagos govt house and we know the result. If OBJ is really that bad, i challenge YRD to give us something to talk about and not just two years of policy reversal. Let him learn from Ngige and Fashola. Period!

We should blame Yar Adua's non performance on OBJ because OBJ should have known the kind of person he is before dragging him into the fray and supporting him all the way. Afterall, Yar Adua was satisfied with his eight-year governorship reign in Katsina and wanted to go back to the classroom before OBJ brought him in. I read it somewhere a couple of months back where OBJ said Yar Adua didn't disclose to him his state of health, this is another shame for OBJ because as a president he should have had dossiers on all his governors and other big people in the society. OBJ only brought Yar Adua in as a result of his dirty fight with Atiku knowing that the PDM would be divided between Yar Adua and Atiku if he brings him in and the result is what we are seeing today.

Bola Tinubu supported Fashola because he knew his worth, he knew his drive and his commitment to his job and he was sure he would not fail.
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by chidichris(m): 11:45am On Apr 27, 2009
@ Chidichris
I think sometimes you allow your emotion to override your sense of judgment. anyway, its a common problem on this forum, arguement that lacks consistency and logic flow of thoughts.

It is amazing that the only explanation you have for your hatred for Obj is that his son accused him of sleeping with his wife. I bet some of you hypocrites have done worse things.

Sincerely, I don't want to go further with you, most of your posts are too subjective and often times lacks intellectual premise for me to get involved with you. this is what happens when newspaper stand political analysts are the majority poster on Nairaland politics section.

SegzyJoe,
it is not important if i make sense to you or not. i am not here to prove any point to you.
all i am interested is the topic of this thread which says, obj scores sa polls high. what is the moral standard of this man who is scoring an election high? iwu made a nonsense of himself when he said americans have things to learn from our election when the whole world was commending the obama election in the usa.
obj as we all know not long ago organised the worst elections in the history of man of which 80% have been cancealed yet you think you are making sense.
even if am not making any sense, it is important that nigerians are not happy with a man who in 8 uninterupted years cold not give hope to a common nigerian even with the oil boom. i have said it and i will continue saying it, yar adua is nothing but obj's extension because we did not vote yar adua rather obj forced him on us for his personal reasons. obj is supposed to be gone but he choosed to make himself a life king by amending the pdp constitution to make himself the sole apperant to the throne of pdp bot chairman.
to show his greatness and by proving who he is, he honoured the saying that charity begings at home hence e was able to lure his own daughter inlaw with juicy contracts. if you have a father like obj, what will do u? most of u here defending obj are all warning up to claim ur sonship when he dies like it was in the case of abiola bcs the obj i know must have distributed enough problems all over the country in the name of children so we are all waiting.
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by desgiezd(m): 11:56am On Apr 27, 2009
chidichris:

obj as we all know not long ago organised the worst elections in the history of man of which 80% have been cancealed yet you think you are making sense.
even if am not making any sense, it is important that nigerians are not happy with a man who in 8 uninterupted years cold not give hope to a common nigerian even with the oil boom.

WORD!!!
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by Jairzinho(m): 9:51pm On Apr 27, 2009
ode remo:

1. if obj was my father he would not have rigged the election or install yar ar dull.
2.from north to south infact every nook and cranny of the country would have just the basic human needs , electricity,water , good and simple shelter above there heads.
3. from top to bottom in govt will have to account to Nigerians what they are worth, my dad  might not build super highways but will build linking roads everywhere so goods and individual  can securely move from a to b.
4. apart  from all these my dad will not  disgrace himself  shamelessly everywhere especially  by me dragging him to court.

unfortunately my dad is dead,  but will still leave a good legacy behind

You be Funshy Jay?
Re: Obj Scores Sa Polls High by Moonstone(f): 4:40am On Apr 28, 2009
They brought a thief to execute thieves. Hisssssssssssssssssssssssssss! Whoever made that decision needs to be shot and hanged. Rubbish and nonsense.

(1) (Reply)

African View: Obama Snubs Nigeria? Just Think I Should Share This With You / Pdp Cedes Presidency • South -east To Produce President After Yar’adua / Anambra Again: INEC Backs Andy Uba! (It's Do, Die Or Destroy).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.