Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) (38899 Views)

Vigilante Shoots Self Dead To Prove Charm / Colombian Man Shoots Unclad Wife & Her Lover Dead While Having Sex In Their Home / Policeman Goes Berserk, Shoots Self, Threatens To Kill Cp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by dre11(m): 5:51am On Oct 08, 2015
A member of a neighbourhood watch, Ogundare Ekundayo, has shot himself dead while attempting to scare away thieves from the Ebute-Meta area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the deceased was among a three-man team guarding Osholanke Street, Ebute Meta.

There were, however, two of them on duty on the fateful day.

It was gathered that around 4am, when they were expected to round off work, Ekundayo reportedly shot into the air to scare away lurking thieves as was the guards’ custom.

As he fired a shot, the bullet hit an object which ricocheted it towards him.

The bullet was said to have struck him in the head.

His duty colleague, Fatai Raimi, reportedly ran to the spot upon hearing the shot, and discovered the victim dead.

The case was reported at the Denton Police Division while Ekundayo’s remains were taken to the Mainland General Hospital mortuary.

The police arrested Raimi, who insisted that he was innocent.

He said, “I have known the deceased for some time now. He was my boss; he recruited me into the vigilance group, but we were employed by the community.

“There were three of us guarding Osholanke Street, but the third person did not come that day because he was ill.

“My master (Ekundayo) and I were together, but when it was getting to 4am, he went down the street alone.

“I suddenly heard a shot from his gun and I rushed there only to see he had mistakenly shot himself dead.”

A source told PUNCH Metro that the victim was not properly trained on how to use a gun.

The source said the police were investigating how he came by the gun he was using for his job.

He said, “The man was not trained to use a gun. He did not handle it well and when he opened fire, apparently to tell the residents they were done for the day and to scare any thief, the bullet hit him instead.

“But one thing that is also not clear is how the man and his team had access to a gun. We are investigating all these.”

Our correspondent learnt that the police could not conduct an autopsy on the victim due to the pressure from his relatives who wanted him buried.

His corpse was said to have been released to the family for burial, while the suspect was transferred to the State Department of Criminal Investigation.

The Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Joe Offor, when contacted on the incident said he would call back. But he had yet to do so as of the time of filing this report.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/vigilante-shoots-self-dead-while-scaring-away-thieves/

lalasticlala

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by Nobody: 5:55am On Oct 08, 2015
What did you expect when someone who haven't learn how to shoot gun, holds gun? He might even point the mouth at himself. And the are writing up this bulcrap to polish the whole issue mtchwwwwww...

2 Likes

Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by ojeota(f): 5:58am On Oct 08, 2015
Rip

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by greatness22(m): 5:59am On Oct 08, 2015
This is what happens when you watch james bond movies alot. Rip

7 Likes

Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by passionate88: 5:59am On Oct 08, 2015
angry
Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by Basildvalour(m): 6:06am On Oct 08, 2015
The Gun, it isn't a play toy!

R.I.P

3 Likes

Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by macolino(m): 6:06am On Oct 08, 2015
So him kill himself by himself..RIP

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by agarawu23(m): 6:10am On Oct 08, 2015
Rip sad angry

1 Like

Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by Tallesty1(m): 6:10am On Oct 08, 2015
crycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycry

1 Like

Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by FruityLass: 6:14am On Oct 08, 2015
Very sure the family wants to go traditional..........

But who does that undecided handling gun without properly trained.
RIP anyway
Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by proxitaly: 6:23am On Oct 08, 2015
Rip

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by INTROVERT(f): 6:24am On Oct 08, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by tunde1200(m): 6:49am On Oct 08, 2015
oga ooo undecided

1 Like

Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by permsec: 6:49am On Oct 08, 2015
Give us the true story please! Btw, Introvert and chelsea share a thing in common lately.

1 Like

Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by osesology(m): 7:01am On Oct 08, 2015
This story is false, those two should confess what happened. The bullet ``hit an object in the air and ricocheted''. what object? Rubbish

Rip to the dead

12 Likes

Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:05am On Oct 08, 2015
shocked
Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by menix(m): 7:09am On Oct 08, 2015
The only thing that makes sense in The story is the "Ricocheted" wey I just learn..

The second guy should be drilled joor, was the deceased in a steel enclosure for the bullet to have Ricocheted.

If it was a routine to fire shot, why did the second hear such shot nd immediately rushed towards that direction if he was not the killer..

OP, abeg ur topic self funny, thought the vigilante was so fugly to have scared his gun to shoot him..

8 Likes

Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 08, 2015
Sorry man.
This was like POINT and KILL

1 Like

Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 08, 2015
Maybe he wanted to flip the gun like they do in cowboy movies just to look like a hard and tough guy. I hope he updated his FB status "#DieingTins" Before it happened undecided

3 Likes

Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 08, 2015
Ehya!!!

OP, How did he die
Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by ijustdey: 7:43am On Oct 08, 2015
when you aren't trained and want to form big boy.........

this is what you get
Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by zinachidi(m): 7:47am On Oct 08, 2015
RIP ooo, buh this story get as e be,, i've never seen where a bullet ricocheted before, it should have stuck to the surface it was shot at,, those 2 guys should explain what happened,,.. And y did he have a gun, if he coulldnt use it well

2 Likes

Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by damton(m): 8:27am On Oct 08, 2015
n
Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by omusiliyu(m): 8:28am On Oct 08, 2015
Bullet ricocheted back and hit his head.

I can't comprehend this.
Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by shegelu: 8:28am On Oct 08, 2015
Ok
Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by AdemolaA2: 8:28am On Oct 08, 2015
Could have been averted if he was trained to handle firearms. BTW,could also be his destiny to die that way I guess. Rip brother!!!
Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by bigv(m): 8:29am On Oct 08, 2015
Oma se o. Ise aaiye
Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by granvil: 8:30am On Oct 08, 2015
See more photos @ [url]vanguardng.tk/photos-of-vigilante-shot-self-scaring-away-thieves[/url]
Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by Segadem(m): 8:30am On Oct 08, 2015
I no see the picture now

rip
Re: Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) by loomer: 8:30am On Oct 08, 2015
The story get k leg

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fulani Men Carrying Guns At A Filling Station In Zamfara (pics) / Yeshua Udosen: 18-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lekki (Photo) / Woman Damages Maid’s Reproductive System By Inserting Stick In Her Private Part

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.